Kazakhstan, Italy and Germany Long Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
An in form Kolesnik V an out of form Nabby is a dead heat. I am aware nabby is better. Thanks. Kolesnik was outstanding this past calendar year and is a big part of why Kazakhstan is in the Olympics.

Kolesnik isn't even the true #1 goaltender of Kazakhstan - Vitali Eremeev is. Eremeev has been awsome for Dynamo the past couple years (don't know why he doesn't choose to play for Kazakhstan more often).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Zine said:
Kolesnik isn't even the true #1 goaltender of Kazakhstan - Vitali Eremeev is. Eremeev has been awsome for Dynamo the past couple years (don't know why he doesn't choose to play for Kazakhstan more often).

Should we expect this tandem?

I know Nabokov considers himself Russian, even though he isn't.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Should we expect this tandem?

I know Nabokov considers himself Russian, even though he isn't.

Why exactly isnt Nabokov Russian? :dunno:

Even though he IS Russian, he should have kept playing for Kazahstan as it looks as though he might not make Russia's Olympic squad. Bryzgalov was told that he was on the team by some guy that was the former general manager or something. Kirkunov suggested Sokolov will be playing due to his form at the Rosno Cup. That leave a choice between Khabby and Nabby if we discount Zvyagin and Koshechkin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Slitty said:
Why exactly isnt Nabokov Russian? :dunno:

Even though he IS Russian, he should have kept playing for Kazahstan as it looks as though he might not make Russia's Olympic squad. Bryzgalov was told that he was on the team by some guy that was the former general manager or something. Kirkunov suggested Sokolov will be playing due to his form at the Rosno Cup. That leave a choice between Khabby and Nabby if we discount Zvyagin and Koshechkin.

Nabokov is not eligible to play for Russia because he played for Kazakhstan in the WJC's. Much like how Zuburs cannot play for Russia because he did the same for Lithuania.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Nabokov is not eligible to play for Russia because he played for Kazakhstan in the WJC's. Much like how Zuburs cannot play for Russia because he did the same for Lithuania.

If only you knew how sick and tired I am of clearing up this elignibility issue. There exists an IIHF rule that allows a player to appeal his elligbility for a country given that he now retains citizenship of that country and played in the country's league for a certain amount of years (I believe its 4).

I dont know if Nabokov appealed under the above clause or simply a personal case of how he was confused to national identity as Kazahstan + Russia were just created when he played: BUT NABOKOV IS ELLIGIBLE TO PLAY FOR RUSSIA.

About Zubrus, you are once again mistaken. Zubrus, up until last World Cup had not played for ANY country in ANY competition. He agreed to play for Russia at the World Cup because since its not IIHF sanctioned event, it did not affect his eligibility to play for Lithuania, which he wanted to do and will do/has done since then. He never played World Juniors.

JoeLH

Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Well, all NHL players ...

G Olaf Kölzig (Washington)

D Dennis Seidenberg (Philadelphia)
D Christian Ehrhoff (San Jose)
D Christoph Schubert (Ottawa)

F Marco Sturm (Boston)
F Marcel Goc (San Jose)
F Jochen Hecht (Buffalo)

... will definately represent Germany at the Olympics.

Other sure bets are:

G Robert Müller (drafted by Washington)

D Alexander Sulzer (drafted by Nashville)
D Sascha Goc (older brother of Marcel; played a few games for New Jersey and Tampa Bay)

F Stefan Ustorf (played for Washington)
F Daniel Kreutzer
F Klaus Kathan
F Eduard Lewandowski (drafted by Phoenix)
F Jan Benda (undrafted, but played nine games for Washington)

Head Coach will be the only german Stanley Cup Champion ever: Uwe Krupp, because former coach Greg Poss resignes two days ago for coaching DEL-Team Mannheim (he had problems with the staff of the german hockey federation and also the media wasn't loving him because of Germany's relegation in the WC 2005 in Austria).

Last edited:

SensAndy77

Sep 6, 2005
Freiburg, Germany
www.ehcf.de
The roster for Team Germany was announced today, there are still some cuts to be made:

Goaltenders: Olaf Kölzig (Washington Capitals), Robert Müller (Krefeld Pinguine), Thomas Greiss (Kölner Haie), Dimitri Kotschnew (Iserlohn Roosters)

Defense: Dennis Seidenberg (Philadelphia Flyers),
Christoph Schubert (Ottawa Senators), Christian Ehrhoff (San Jose
Sharks), Michael Bresagk (Frankfurt Lions), Robert Leask (Eisbären
Berlin), Sascha Goc (Adler Mannheim), Stefan Schauer, Felix
Petermann (both Nürnberg Ice Tigers), Marian Bazany, Alexander
Sulzer (beide DEG Metro Stars), Andreas Renz, Lasse Kopitz (both
Kölner Haie)

Forwards: Jochen Hecht (Buffalo Sabres), Marco Sturm (Boston
Bruins), Marcel Goc (San Jose Sharks), Jan Benda (HC Chemopetrol
Litwinow), Sven Felski, Stefan Ustorf, Florian Busch (all Eisbären
Berlin), Daniel Kreutzer, Klaus Kathan (both DEG Metro Stars),
Alexander Barta (Hamburg Freezers), Tomas Martinec, Petr Fical
(both Nürnberg Ice Tigers), Eduard Lewandowski, Sebastian
Furchner, Tino Boos, Philip Gogulla (all Kölner Haie), Michael
Hackert (Frankfurt Lions), Yannic Seidenberg (ERC Ingolstadt)

I think the lines can be the like that:

Sturm - M.Goc - Hecht
Kathan - Hackert - Kreutzer
Lewandowski - Boos - Furchner
Martinec - Ustorf - Benda

I´m not sure about the defenders (maybe Benda will play D too), the Sturm line played pretty well at the World Cup, Kathan & Kreutzer are playing together in Düsseldorf and the Lewandowski-Boos-Furchner line is together for several years now.

rbeeler

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Andy#77 said:
The roster for Team Germany was announced today, there are still some cuts to be made:

Goaltenders: Olaf Kölzig (Washington Capitals), Robert Müller (Krefeld Pinguine), Thomas Greiss (Kölner Haie), Dimitri Kotschnew (Iserlohn Roosters)

Defense: Dennis Seidenberg (Philadelphia Flyers),
Christoph Schubert (Ottawa Senators), Christian Ehrhoff (San Jose
Sharks), Michael Bresagk (Frankfurt Lions), Robert Leask (Eisbären
Berlin), Sascha Goc (Adler Mannheim), Stefan Schauer, Felix
Petermann (both Nürnberg Ice Tigers), Marian Bazany, Alexander
Sulzer (beide DEG Metro Stars), Andreas Renz, Lasse Kopitz (both
Kölner Haie)

Forwards: Jochen Hecht (Buffalo Sabres), Marco Sturm (Boston
Bruins), Marcel Goc (San Jose Sharks), Jan Benda (HC Chemopetrol
Litwinow), Sven Felski, Stefan Ustorf, Florian Busch (all Eisbären
Berlin), Daniel Kreutzer, Klaus Kathan (both DEG Metro Stars),
Alexander Barta (Hamburg Freezers), Tomas Martinec, Petr Fical
(both Nürnberg Ice Tigers), Eduard Lewandowski, Sebastian
Furchner, Tino Boos, Philip Gogulla (all Kölner Haie), Michael
Hackert (Frankfurt Lions), Yannic Seidenberg (ERC Ingolstadt)

I think the lines can be the like that:

Sturm - M.Goc - Hecht
Kathan - Hackert - Kreutzer
Lewandowski - Boos - Furchner
Martinec - Ustorf - Benda

I´m not sure about the defenders (maybe Benda will play D too), the Sturm line played pretty well at the World Cup, Kathan & Kreutzer are playing together in Düsseldorf and the Lewandowski-Boos-Furchner line is together for several years now.

Why wasn't Gawlik on the list? He seems to be having a solid season with Berlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad