Kazakh KHL club slaughters live sheep on ice before practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Notice how they have to have a Tweet from that Slava creep. Have a passable knowledge of Russian sports and hate Russia and you too can have an endless platform as a Russian sports expert.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Talking about other people's traditions not knowing let alone understanding them from a high horse is below primitive.
Well, considering that they have a handful of foreign players plus a ton of Russians (I don't know how the Russians reacted to this), it seems kind of odd to go through with this traditional ritual.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Well, considering that they have a handful of foreign players plus a ton of Russians (I don't know how the Russians reacted to this), it seems kind of odd to go through with this traditional ritual.

Who cares about the composition of the team. It’s a Kazakh club; and also serves as the foundation for the Kazakh national team. If you don’t want to respect local customs go play somewhere else.

Regardless, the team had a priest there for the ‘foreigners’ as well (the sheep thing was done by a Imam). Apparently Karlsson and Dallman wanted their equipment drenched in holy water.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommySalo

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Well I am just glad they lost so they won't be tempted to do it again. Imagine if they won? It could end up being a tradition of the club. :laugh:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
In Saudi Arabia its a tradition and law to not allow women to vote, drive cars etc. Just because its a tradition doesnt make it not primitve.

What's primitive is to know very little about history, sociology and politics.

In a certain country it is a traditon to call Nazis freedom fighters. So what? You should be the most sensitive of all here if it comes to dissecting other countries' laws and traditions.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well I am just glad they lost so they won't be tempted to do it again. Imagine if they won? It could end up being a tradition of the club. :laugh:
What's wrong in general about killing an animal for eating? How many here are vegatarian? Everybody else eats that meat of the animals killed for eating, Don't be such hypocrites.

I do not eat meat, but if billions of people do, why the upoar here?

Reactions: Drewcifer

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
What's wrong in general about killing an animal for eating? How many here are vegatarian? Everybody else eats that meat of the animals killed for eating, Don't be such hypocrites.

Its not about killing the animal per se thats barbaric but rather how and why it was killed. Why kill a sheep for such a stupid reason?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
What's primitive is to know very little about history, sociology and politics.

In a certain country it is a traditon to call Nazis freedom fighters. So what? You should be the most sensitive of all here if it comes to dissecting other countries' laws and traditions.

Yeah yeah we are all Nazis, Atas when are you gonna get a new song already, this ones getting old.

But besides that - just because theres history behind something doesnt make it right. I mean there are tribes where there is a tradition of cannibalism somehow i dont think youd support that( i hope not)

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

We aren't talking about killing an animal for consumption, we are talking about a ritualistic killing of an animal intended to bring some luck or good fortune.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
We aren't talking about killing an animal for consumption, we are talking about a ritualistic killing of an animal intended to bring some luck or good fortune.

That is hypocricy at it's best. How is a ritualistic killing different from slaughterhouse?

You don't believe in magic, luck or rituals, then you have to admit the outcome is the dam' same. If you believe in rituals, magic and whatever supernatural powers, you should understand the ritualistic thing. But you can't be both.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah yeah we are all Nazis, Atas when are you gonna get a new song already, this ones getting old.

But besides that - just because theres history behind something doesnt make it right. I mean there are tribes where there is a tradition of cannibalism somehow i dont think youd support that( i hope not)
So Kazakhs all slaughter sheep in your crazy little world? Your doublethink is playing games with you. Read my posts. I always write exactly what I mean. There are no hidden thoughts or specualtions.

Why do you want to eradicate cannibalism? Because it doesn't fit your views? You are way before the first step on a ladder of REALLY thinking about the world. Of course cultures collide, oden resulting in conflicts of very different sets of taboos. But in this particular case it is just mind boggling to me that people which eat meat daily without any remorse are getting all emotional about the fact that animals have to be killed to be eaten. Ritually or in a dark room where nobdy could possibly see it. People need to wake up. You have to practice what you preach or get lost.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Was this ritual a bit primitive? Yeah, I'd say so.
But respecting this traditional Kazakh custom is in no way comparable to 'respecting' the oppression of women in Saudi Arabia, or cannibalism.
Christ almighty. Such a comparison is beyond asinine and makes everyone on this board dumber for reading it. Well done.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This thread seems to be a sore subject with a lot of people attacking each other so we're closing it for review. Do not start another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->