TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
With that logic, not one fan base should trust their NHL management team since every single GM has lost a trade.....:shakehead

BTW, we traded away an addict that nobody picked up on waivers...Bergevin, how could you!! :laugh:

He wasn't picked up on waivers because he would've had to join the team. And before you say "conditioning stint"....guy needs more than that. (I don't know if you would say conditioning stint, but it's been brought up a lot....and well it doesn't fit this situation)

Chiarelli today on Kassian:
"Kassian is the type of player that would help us in his prime...He's got to show us, and if he doesn't, that'll be it. He should be highly motivated."

Knowing of his "addictions", he'll get a shot. And I hope he lights it up in Edmonton.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He wasn't picked up on waivers because he would've had to join the team.

FWIW, Scrivens also went through waivers unclaimed when he was demoted to the AHL.

The scrap heap makes strange bedfellows.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Does anyone not hate this entire management and coaching staff atm? Like, Bergevin can redeem himself and I can believe he's being a spin doctor here. But I'm done with Therrien (have been since day 1, who am I kidding).

That being said, Bergevin is on thin ice here. Either **** or get off the pot.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Bergevin: "It never crossed my mind to fire Therrien. We'll get through this together."

hahahaha we're dommed.
Well stop buying tickets and stop watching the games. When revenue and ratings drop you'll see change even if Molson has to fire MG to get it.

Nynja*

They've combined for like an .875% save percentage in that stretch....not a single team in the NHL will win with them numbers, or at least not on a consistent basis.

Look past the sv% and look at the actual goals that are being scored. Ive posted every goal against other than the games against dallas and nashville, and of the 23 goals against, one was legit weak, one was bad luck (and condon didnt play it well), and the other 21 were either just nice goals, or the product of garbage defensive play.

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Look past the sv% and look at the actual goals that are being scored. Ive posted every goal against other than the games against dallas and nashville, and of the 23 goals against, one was legit weak, one was bad luck (and condon didnt play it well), and the other 21 were either just nice goals, or the product of garbage defensive play.

Doesn't matter. That save percentage in unnacceptable in juniors, let alone the NHL. Whether it's fair or not it's results that determines who is in net, not who looks the best while letting them in.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
I would've rather kept Kassian than get scrapens. Kassian with the right mindset could've been more valuable to us

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Auston Matthews cannot come soon enough. Please, tank team tank. Dumb and dumber need to be expelled from the bowels of this team.

Feel bad for his career if Habs get him but even if MT makes him into a 50+ point he'll be very useful here. No GM in Habs recent history can manage to trade for quality forwards.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
So... Brendan Prust became Ben Scrivens... eh... interesting, I guess?

Bergevin is trading negatives left and right. How about some positive?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So... Brendan Prust became Ben Scrivens... eh... interesting, I guess?

Bergevin is trading negatives left and right. How about some positive?

A 4th liner became a backup goalie and a 5th round pick all while shedding cap?

Seems pretty even to me.

It's lateral, not negative nor positive.

Nynja*

Doesn't matter. That save percentage in unnacceptable in juniors, let alone the NHL. Whether it's fair or not it's results that determines who is in net, not who looks the best while letting them in.

Stat watchers look at the sv% and look at whats wrong. Smart people will look at the sv% and see if its a measure of bad goaltending through fundamental issues of the goaltender that can be fixed, or if its a team issue.

Majority of the goals against in that skid were a product of team issues. The team leaving Condon high and dry on these goals then saying "Condon needs to be better" is ridiculous. There are times the goalie just gets beat: Late deflections, tipped pucks that drop 3 feet, short handed breakaways...sometimes the goalie just gets beat. It happens, if it was such a rarity, then every goaltender would have a .950+ sv%

I have no problem calling out the goaltenders for soft weak goals, like Condon on the first one tonight. That was a bad goal, his expression after told it all.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Get over yourself. The season is not even half over and yet you have proclaimed it a disaster.
Finishing bottom 3 again and losing Price for the entire campaign would be a disaster. Not even close to that yet. Players need to be accountable. They won plenty of games earlier in the season, and they can do that again. Blaming the coach/GM is low hanging fruit and too easy. The veteran core needs to shape up or ship out, including one very invisible captain. I never thought I'd miss Brian Gionta......

The kassian situation = a disaster. but yeah keep reading what you want to read :D

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The kassian situation = a disaster. but yeah keep reading what you want to read :D

MB addressed it. He said he knew all about kassian before he arrived. Had a talk with him and told him what he expected. Kassian agreed. Kassian didn't make it until game 1. Nothing left to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->