TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Clean house. **** it. I was one of Bergevin's biggest fans but I'm losing patience and that's hard for me to say because I'm also a big proponent of GM's getting a minimum of 5 years.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

"Big trades don't happen anymore."

Dallas says hi.

Thanks for translating, I thought it said he has no plans for big trades.

He's as clueless as Therrien.. unless he solely means for Montreal. Because while big trades aren't common... they definitely happen. IE: Dougie Hamilton a few months ago. Patrick Sharp. Tyler Seguin. Jason Spezza.

There's plenty of examples.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Is he still propagating this non-sense and expecting us all to be blind?

Sometimes, I wish I could be in there asking the questions.
Would be amazing if someone just started naming off big trades.

Although Bergevin would have some ******** answer for that too.

However, I think Bergevin is a decent GM. But he's letting personal relationships kill him. He'll say anything to protect his friends.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thanks for translating, I thought it said he has no plans for big trades.

He's as clueless as Therrien.. unless he solely means for Montreal. Because while big trades aren't common... they definitely happen. IE: Dougie Hamilton a few months ago. Patrick Sharp. Tyler Seguin. Jason Spezza.

There's plenty of examples.

He must think we are all stupid.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Bergevin: "It never crossed my mind to fire Therrien. We'll get through this together."

hahahaha we're dommed.

Did he really said that today? If the the slump continues and he's stubborn enough to refuse to fire his incompetent coach, he'll lose his job too ultimately. Not that it'd be a great loss though, he's been mediocre at best as a GM so far.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
why are you all freaking out over obvious PR mumbo jumbo? did you expect Bergevin to come out and say "well one more and he's fired amirite hfboards WINKWINK!"

chill out yo, there is no need to be upset

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Did he really said that today? If the the slump continues and he's stubborn enough to refuse to fire his incompetent coach, he'll lose his job too ultimately. Not that it'd be a great loss though, he's been a mediocre at best as a GM so far.

There is no way in hell that this is true. How is he supposed to answer? "I don't have any confidence in these guys", "Therrien has up to this game to win or else he is fired". Bergevin will save his job before Therrien's.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He has yet to prove himself after all that has happened...
And we already have enough bottom 6 wingers, just saying.

He also hasn't been given a chance to prove himself, he's now going to get that opportunity elsewhere.

Pre-incident Kassian was definitely one of our better bottom 6 wingers, and it's pretty much a fact he was going to get top-6 opportunities. The talent and size are there.

Now what happened, happened. You have to weigh the pros and cons to the situation, like any good manager in any situation would. Throwing a guy to the wolves immediately after finishing his treatment program seems completely ruthless and cold, and it could even back fire on the organization in the future. Here you had a player you felt could help you're roster when it was fully healthy, it is now decimated by injuries and you aren't even going to give him a chance? Because he made a mistake(that he may or may not repeat)?

I don't know, maybe we don't have the whole story. To me MB comes off as an arrogant man who is completely stubborn to his ways and is unwilling to bend in any given scenario, this is NOT a good trait in any manager, hockey or not.

Chicago stood behind Kane, what would MB have done in that situation?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He must think we are all stupid.

Well, they do in fact. They're always appealing to what they perceive as the lowest common denominator. Look at the lapdogs in the media who are recycling their garbage and rather than keep management's feet to the fire (and use Therrien's toenail clippings as firestarters).

Management ought to be given credit when they excel and they get plenty of it.

However, when management appears to be outsmarted by other GMs or is lagging behind those who are creative and more proactive, then they need to be held accountable.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Bergevin's done a good job of setting the bar so low every year that nobody cares if the Habs meet expectations or not. But you can only fool the people for so long, people are getting restless, he'll eventually have to do something to earn his paycheck.

Or not. Molson is part of the problem too. As long as the Habs are making money he DGAF. Frankly, his commercialization of the team's history is very off-putting. He'd probably sell Maurice Richard's bones on eBay if he got a hold of them.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
There is no way in hell that this is true. How is he supposed to answer? "I don't have any confidence in these guys", "Therrien has up to this game to win or else he is fired". Bergevin will save his job before Therrien's.

Yeah after letting my frustration sink in, I realize what he says to the media is pretty much irrelevant, like the Galchenyuk BS last summer. I also remember Gainey saying good things about Carbo in a press conference only to can him a few days later.

I'll continue to have hope we get rid of the fat clown soon.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's not PR when he repeats the same BS about not being able to make trades every press conference for 3 years now.

It's hilarious now to go back to those defenders who said he had some kind of master plan before the start of last season... then at the trade deadline... then in the offseason...

This guy is a dud. And the coach is sticking around until both are fired.

Which will be when Price is lost to UFA because he wants to actually win somewhere.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Molson is part of the problem too. As long as the Habs are making money he DGAF. Frankly, his commercialization of the team's history is very off-putting. He'd probably sell Maurice Richard's bones on eBay if he got a hold of them.

:laugh:

Since he doesn't have a shot at Maurice Richard's bones, Molson will probably have his minions scrape off soiled Habs benches from the 50s and sell the shavings as "game used".

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It's not PR when he repeats the same BS about not being able to make trades every press conference for 3 years now.

It's hilarious now to go back to those defenders who said he had some kind of master plan before the start of last season... then at the trade deadline... then in the offseason...

This guy is a dud. And the coach is sticking around until both are fired.

Which will be when Price is lost to UFA because he wants to actually win somewhere.

Gainey's first 4 years > Bergevins first 4 years. AINEC.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This is a horrible trade I rather send Kassian home or len him to a other AHL team...
Scrivens isn't a upgrad over Condon, not sure we actually needed a upgrade over Tokarski, not even sure Scrivens is actually a upgrade... a 2.3M$ cap hit...there been a better goalie available on waiver for free, Kassian had already clreaed waiver ther no rush to move him...
Considering that we can score any goal and just the overall lack of skills in the top 6, I can see why you wouldn't give Kassian a second chance...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have zero leadership in management, at the coaching staff level or with any players not named Price or Gallagher. I can't wait to read all of the excuses after this loss tonight.
Biggest high 9-0 to the biggest low 1-10 in one season that I have ever witnessed.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1-3-3-3-3-1-3-3-6-5-2-3

There are some ENG in there.

But other than the Dallas-Nashville stretch, I'm not really seeing much to complain about.
They've combined for like an .875% save percentage in that stretch....not a single team in the NHL will win with them numbers, or at least not on a consistent basis.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So we traded a serviceable bottom 6 winger (proven) for an AHL goaltender..

And this is the management team people on this board think is doing a good job?

With that logic, not one fan base should trust their NHL management team since every single GM has lost a trade.....:shakehead

BTW, we traded away an addict that nobody picked up on waivers...Bergevin, how could you!! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad