Injury Report: Kasperi Kapanen back playing: March 2, 2017

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Very glad it's not the knee. I know ankles can be a b****, but...good luck for a speedy and full recovery.

Top Chedz

Jan 26, 2017
8 weeks would be my guess as well, hopefully we'll get some more news in the next coming weeks.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thought he was out of his boot now. While it was never release I think the understanding was that it's a high ankle sprain ... Still a few weeks away from skating I'd guess.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I broke my heel while skiing 5 weeks ago. Had surgery on it 3 weeks ago.
I won't be back on the mountain till May. I want to believe April, but it's May if i'm lucky.

Now, my injury is more severe than KK's, but there's an unfortunate similarity... that is no weight bearing on the injured foot/leg ... which means muscle atrophy. He's out of the boot, and that's great, but now comes the long grind to getting the muscle strength back up.

I'd love to see him back soon, but i'd have to think that the idea of being 'game shape' on that leg, or in any way up to par with active players, we've got to be thinking April at this point.

Tough injury.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I broke my heel while skiing 5 weeks ago. Had surgery on it 3 weeks ago.
I won't be back on the mountain till May. I want to believe April, but it's May if i'm lucky.

Now, my injury is more severe than KK's, but there's an unfortunate similarity... that is no weight bearing on the injured foot/leg ... which means muscle atrophy. He's out of the boot, and that's great, but now comes the long grind to getting the muscle strength back up.

I'd love to see him back soon, but i'd have to think that the idea of being 'game shape' on that leg, or in any way up to par with active players, we've got to be thinking April at this point.

Tough injury.

Leafs have this neat little thing that looks something like this.

hqdefault.jpg

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Leafs have this neat little thing that looks something like this.

hqdefault.jpg

I have one of those but you can drown in it at least. Get a deeper pool you cheapskates! Something you can swim in as well! I mean come on here! You could have saved money and inflated something like that.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
I saw kapanen at the MCenter last week.he was doing his rehab. Didn't even appear to be limping at all.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I was looking so forward to watching Kapanen play with us this March. I hope the no-name that injured him has a nice career selling used cars.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I saw kapanen at the MCenter last week.he was doing his rehab. Didn't even appear to be limping at all. ��

Following the injury, I had heard the TDL as the time frame.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=126882279&postcount=843

I haven't heard anything different but I think the Leafs will take the approach that he's ready when he's ready. If it's TDL great, if it were to extend a week or two, that's fine, it's irrelevant long term.

I would like him to get some time up with the Leafs this year, but preferably when he's back at 100% & back in game shape/readiness.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
After seeing the haul Hanzel just pulled in, I would have loved to trade JVR and promoted Kapanen. Hope he recovers quickly!

Contenders don't want to give up pieces from their current roster. If a late 1st in a weak draft was centrepiece of JVR deal I'd be disappointed. Odds that player helps this team within next 3 or 4 years (if at all) are slim.
Better to flip him at draft.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
OK.How about getting some regular season games for Kapanen before NHL playoffs.
Yeah i know all top line spots are full but maybe Kasperi could play with Komarov in 3rd line is that scenario possible?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
OK.How about getting some regular season games for Kapanen before NHL playoffs.
Yeah i know all top line spots are full but maybe Kasperi could play with Komarov in 3rd line is that scenario possible?

To be honest, the roster is brimming with scoring right now. The only way I can see Kappy getting NHL time this season is if we see a few injuries to scoring forwards.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
To be honest, the roster is brimming with scoring right now. The only way I can see Kappy getting NHL time this season is if we see a few injuries to scoring forwards.

OK Thanks.
Yeah i think Top line minutes in Marlies is best option for Kappy when he comes back after his injury.

gordarama7

Feb 28, 2016
I was looking so forward to watching Kapanen play with us this March. I hope the no-name that injured him has a nice career selling used cars.

Hopefully, Kapanen can make the Leafs in the next few years.
He had no points when he was with them last season for a short time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->