Karol Krizan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MODOJohan

Oct 24, 2004
Indiana
Hey just checking in here...

In Sweden, in my fav. team Modo, we have this tremendous goalie, Karol Krizan from Slovakia. He´s 25 years old, and well as I said he´s a tremendous goalie.
Just check out his stats from the latest seasons:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5867

He´s a rather smallish goalie, but in fact that doesnt seem to bother him at all in the SEL, he stops every shot, I mean the guy is freakin amazing! You would not believe it.

He doesnt speak much english either... So what do you think the odds are for a 25 year old goalie to get drafted by any team?
Im just asking cause we don' wanna loose him over here...

Im not that familiar with the draft-system so that was why I was asking you guys.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
They changed the Draft rules, so he's now too old to be picked ... but I would think some team would at least give him a try-out for camp next season.

MODOJohan

Oct 24, 2004
Indiana
JayzinSmith said:
They changed the Draft rules, so he's now too old to be picked ... but I would think some team would at least give him a try-out for camp next season.
So what does that mean? He cant play in the NHL at all?

Or can he take a try-out for any team and prove himself, and then get a shot in the NHL?

This is a goalie, that almost noone knows about... We didnt know how he could contribute to our team and all, but then he surprised us all... You might wanna check him out in the Olympics, he should be number #1 for Slovakia now.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
MODOJohan said:
So what does that mean? He cant play in the NHL at all?

Or can he take a try-out for any team and prove himself, and then get a shot in the NHL?

This is a goalie, that almost noone knows about... We didnt know how he could contribute to our team and all, but then he surprised us all... You might wanna check him out in the Olympics, he should be number #1 for Slovakia now.

Any team is free to offer him a try-out and/or a contract. He's just too old to be drafted. :)

MODOJohan

Oct 24, 2004
Indiana
Vikke said:
Any team is free to offer him a try-out and/or a contract. He's just too old to be drafted. :)
Ok, thanks! I thought you had to go trough the draft to be eligable for playing in the big league... Or is that the way you have to go?

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
MODOJohan said:
Ok, thanks! I thought you had to go trough the draft to be eligable for playing in the big league... Or is that the way you have to go?

It is, if you're not old enough. :)

With the previous CBA all European players (except, for example, Patrick Thoresen who played Major Junior hockey) had to be drafted.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
He has major mental issues though. He needs to be the no.1 G cause then he is sad and moody and sucks.

He can be great but when his head aint in the game, he just sucks.

And he wont make the Slovakian Olympic Roster I hope.

MODOJohan

Oct 24, 2004
Indiana
12# Peter Bondra said:
And he wont make the Slovakian Olympic Roster I hope.
Well if thats the case, that he´s moody and stuff, I clearly understand your point of view here. But it seems like he doesnt care much about his position in Modo. Well he can stand on the bench one day, and the other he´s playing - as well as anytime.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
MODOJohan said:
Well if thats the case, that he´s moody and stuff, I clearly understand your point of view here. But it seems like he doesnt care much about his position in Modo. Well he can stand on the bench one day, and the other he´s playing - as well as anytime.
Id only take him if he would be our starter (but that would be bad).

He is a good no.1 and a bad backup due to moodines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad