• AM

Votes: 68 29.2%
  • Tie

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Karlsson because he controls the puck more and he is in charge of stopping the other teams top players.

Also there is a crazy stat out there of the percentage of goals that Karlsson figures in with the Sens and its insane.

Matthews is not a one trick pony by any means. Hes great but Karlsson has 170 points in his last 170 games as a dman.

Right now he has 17 points in 11 games with no pre season.

That's the third highest PPG in the league.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Really though? I don't see how it's Matthews by a lot considering he hasn't scored 82 points in a season yet and is not guaranteed that this year, and judging them for the position they play I would say Karlsson. He has more offensive skill and IQ IMO.

82pts he has done once.
I think the bolded is wrong.

The absolute truth is its too early to tell.
There are reasons for EK, Matthews has has comparable season-but its early yet.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
lol half the league has better goal scoring numbers than karlsson

Lol we are talking about a Defender... Matthews is at the Center of play driving to the Net every second play while Karlsson has at best the opportunity to rush the side wing... Karlsson is a better Offensive tool at the hardest position to consistently find Offence from, but yet year in year out he's the best.

I don't want to get to particular here but you can really see how Leaf fans can sway a poll considering the fact Karlsson is much more impactful and overall better Offensively(would damn near be a clean sweep)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
LOL leafs fans using pace through 16 games like Matthews is actually a 90 point forward, he's a forward who hasn't broken 70 points yet until proven otherwise. Look at your boy Nylander who was "82pt pace" through 12 games, he's on pace for 56 now just like how Matthews ppg will drop.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Karlsson. That was easy.

27 minutes of game breaking talent vs 18 minutes. I dont think any player in the league impacts the game offensively more than EK.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
LOL leafs fans using pace through 16 games like Matthews is actually a 90 point forward, he's a forward who hasn't broken 70 points yet until proven otherwise. Look at your boy Nylander who was "82pt pace" through 12 games, he's on pace for 56 now just like how Matthews ppg will drop.
I know right. 16 games. it's not like he scored 40 goals year. fools.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Lol we are talking about a Defender... Matthews is at the Center of play driving to the Net every second play while Karlsson has at best the opportunity to rush the side wing... Karlsson is a better Offensive tool at the hardest position to consistently find Offence from, but yet year in year out he's the best.

I don't want to get to particular here but you can really see how Leaf fans can sway a poll considering the fact Karlsson is much more impactful and overall better Offensively(would damn near be a clean sweep)
I see a 70% of people voting for EK. Thats still a very clear margin.. What are you talking about?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Being a Rookie has literally nothing to do with anything... and it was last year so who cares?

As for this year...
Matthews is on pace for 93 points actually (He can only play 79 games, not 82)
Still 25 points behind Karlsson... in 77 games. lmao

The only thing Matthews does better is goal scoring and that's the nature of being a forward. But he also plays significantly less.... so either way you look at it, it's debatable.

when you out it that way you're right. except that karlsson will also be on the ice for 161 goals against the sens, and the sens will probably end up with somewhere around 350 goals against and the sens will fail miserably.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

You've got a strange obsession with these fans don't ya.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
82pts he has done once.
I think the bolded is wrong.

The absolute truth is its too early to tell.
There are reasons for EK, Matthews has has comparable season-but its early yet.

Since the 2015 season karlsson has 170 points in 170 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hugh Mungus

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Karlsson pretty easily.

Ds can't exactly go all out with offense.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I wonder how many non-Leafs fans voted for Matthews. Dude is great but I don't think he's objectively looking nearly as good offensively as Karlsson is.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Karlsson is a better passer/playmaker than Matthews, no doubt about that.

Matthews is light years better defensively than Karlsson though.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Karlsson is a better passer/playmaker than Matthews, no doubt about that.

Matthews is light years better defensively than Karlsson though.

As a big critic for Karlsson's defensive play, I don't think that's accurate. Well, for this season it has been, but not if we're looking at few last seasons. Karlsson wasn't excellent defensively but he was at least middle of the pack, probably higher.

Relative to their positions, Karlsson is head and shoulders above his competition in offensive play and Matthews is among top-10(?) forward in that regard. Regarding defensive abilities both are probably "average" relative to their position. Matthews maybe tad higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->