Karlsson vs Hedman

who do you take

• Total voters

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Karlsson and rounding back to form last 2 months, full off season to train, back to normal next year, already first in ppg.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Both are really about even. Hedman I feel will age better due to the lack of injuries but Karlsson is the better player when hes at 100% as proven in last year's playoffs. Homer voted for Hedman but you can't go wrong either way.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Karlsson is alot better.

LOL huge sens fan here and I think this is insane. Hedman is better all around but Karlsson is a game changer offensively. He was very good defensively last year too but lost that a bit this year. Looks back to normal but still not at the level he was at during the playoffs last year. W

When they're both at their best, I'll take Karlsson but it's real close. Hope Hedman wins the Norris this year.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Hedmam had 70+ without Stamkos or a broken out Point.

So you're just wrong.
Hedman had an outstanding year last year but let's not pretend for a second they're in the same stratosphere offensively

They've both been in the league for 9 seasons. In that time Karlsson has 510 points in 620 games, 0.82 PPG. Hedman has 352 in 614, 0.57 PPG. Over the course of an 82 game season that's like a 20 point difference between them.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hedman had an outstanding year last year but let's not pretend for a second they're in the same stratosphere offensively

They've both been in the league for 9 seasons. In that time Karlsson has 510 points in 620 games, 0.82 PPG. Hedman has 352 in 614, 0.57 PPG. Over the course of an 82 game season that's like a 20 point difference between them.

Who cares about the past. Also Hedman just recently took over as the QB for the PP. Took him a while to hit his stride as well.

Look at the past 2 years. Their PPG is nearly the same.

I'll take a minor drop off in offense for shutdown D.

Hedman is better. More complete. Big Karlsson fan too though. Just hasn't been good this year.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
HF Polls: "what have you done for me lately?"

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Who cares about the past. Also Hedman just recently took over as the QB for the PP. Took him a while to hit his stride as well.

Look at the past 2 years. Their PPG is nearly the same.

I'll take a minor drop off in offense for shutdown D.

Hedman is better. More complete. Big Karlsson fan too though. Just hasn't been good this year.
Except this year Tampa's the highest scoring team in the league and Ottawa is 23rd. Karlsson's also led Ottawa in scoring for the past 4 seasons and has finished #1 in d-man scoring 4 times previously. Hedman's never even led his own team in scoring.

You could easily make an argument that Hedman is better overall but offensively, Karlsson does more with less and it's not that close.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Except this year Tampa's the highest scoring team in the league and Ottawa is 23rd. Karlsson's also led Ottawa in scoring for the past 4 seasons and has finished #1 in d-man scoring 4 times previously. Hedman's never even led his own team in scoring.

You could easily make an argument that Hedman is better overall but offensively, Karlsson does more with less and it's not that close.

It's very close, Look at the stats the past two seasons. Identical PPG basically.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
It's very close, Look at the stats the past two seasons. Identical PPG basically.
Did you even read my post? You can't just look at PPG in a vacuum and ignore all other context.
Tampa's offense: #1 this year, #14 last year
Ottawa's offense: #23 this year, #22 last year
Tampa surrounds Hedman with better offensive players by a wide margin. How many points you think Karlsson would have playing with two Art Ross candidates? Ottawa has been a literal dumpster fire for over 3/4 of this season, coming off ankle surgery, and he's still outscoring Hedman.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

you can make argument hedman is better defensively? lol. hes better by a margin the size of the atlantic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->