Proposal: Karlsson to the Rangers

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Realistically we should give the Rangers 2 seasons to fully rebuild starting with this coming draft. That would make Karlsson about 30(after the rebuild) with likely 10m+ per if acquired. The Rangers should not be in on Karlsson for any reason. He does not help them with the rebuild, it kills 2 prime years and we would have to send young/core assets back for him which defeats the purpose of rebuilding and acquiring young assets.

I think a healthy Shattenkirk at 4.5 per for the next 3 seasons will perform well enough for the team.

Since when is Shatty getting 4.5?

Reactions: The Torts Identity

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Are you married? Deciding where you live is generally a decision made both both parties in a marriage and if you dont think it happens in pro sports ask EDM fans about Pronger.

You need to read my post again. I never said he shouldn't include his wife in the decision. What I said was that letting the in-laws dictate his next career move is absurd.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Shattenkirk + Andersson + Day + 2 late 2018 1sts would be as far as I go

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Shattenkirk + Andersson + Day + 2 late 2018 1sts would be as far as I go
I don't see why they would want Shatty at 6.6. Day feels like a toss in and any first round pick in the 20+ range is probably a non starter unless a huge piece is going the other way. (Something Rangers don't have)

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Look at it two ways: Rangers don't have the "now" talent to move anyone from that pile that would make it fair, and considering that resigning him is a 7+ year investment they don't have the "later" talent either.

We can give our pitch if he makes it to free agency: play with Lundqvist, do the Broadway thing, the Rangers are never a "down and out" team for too long. I don't want to judge the dude but he seems like he'd love playing in New York. But if he gets rented out somewhere that's a better hockey situation, he'll probably resign there. The Avs for example would look a lot scarier with Karlsson than the Rangers would.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
fact is EK wasnt his full impact self this year,
and maybe due to the foot wont be that guy again.
so its hard to pay 'market price'
NYR can use next year to sort out Pionk, Gilmour, Day, Lindgren, Hajek, D'Angelo, and whether Shatty is the scoring D who makes a difference or not.
Tavares, thats a different story, he'd be worth a bushel of talent, but i really don't think he'd choose NYR,
coming from Isles would be a circus for a couple years
and for the rest his NYR time whenever they played at NYI
he doesnt want that, and doesnt want to flip the bird at Isles fans

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
fact is EK wasnt his full impact self this year,
and maybe due to the foot wont be that guy again.
so its hard to pay 'market price'
NYR can use next year to sort out Pionk, Gilmour, Day, Lindgren, Hajek, D'Angelo, and whether Shatty is the scoring D who makes a difference or not.
Tavares, thats a different story, he'd be worth a bushel of talent, but i really don't think he'd choose NYR,
coming from Isles would be a circus for a couple years
and for the rest his NYR time whenever they played at NYI
he doesnt want that, and doesnt want to flip the bird at Isles fans

After he was fully rehab'd after February he dominated more or less every game, questions about his fitness at this point have been answered.

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
Well may be crazy but no thanks on Karlsson. Need to give up too much future and huge cap hit for years. I am honestly not sure if at this point he is worth the price. He has been marvelous and will continue at a high level but think he will not have longevity. Just a feeling. This year he was very good on a team that fell apart. He was part of that collapse one year after nearly getting to the finals. No thanks!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Wow that's bad for the senators.

It'd have to be something like Brady Skeij, Filip Chytil and a 1st round pick+. Rangers would easily pass considering where they are as an organization and what they'd have to give up but that's the value.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dont see the Rangers even bothering to make a trade offer,they will reload at the draft and through F/A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad