Proposal: Karlsson to the Rangers

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
That is quite possibly the least appealing offer for Karlsson I've seen on here. You can argue Ottawa not only gets worse today, but worse in the future from this deal. If Karlsson is traded, it's for multiple high picks or prospects.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Because there is more than one team competing for his services in my scenario.

If you think only one team will be in on a signed Karlsson, then I can tell you which one of us is offering up a pipe dream.

But what if EK already made up his mind where he wants to re-sign. No GM will be willing to give up any significant assets for a rental which means EK's future team can get him for scraps unless Dorion is willing to let him walk for nothing next year which is highly unlikely.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I dont want that garbage package from the Rangers.

I do want posters to be realistic and understand that if EK is available, there will be a bidding war for his services.

Well, what you want and what reality dictates are very different.

Not trying to be a dick but in all fairness, Dorions window to get a haul for EK closed with the trade-deadline.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Well, what you want and what reality dictates are very different.

Not trying to be a dick but in all fairness, Dorions window to get a haul for EK closed with the trade-deadline.
The reality of your worst case scenario perhaps.

Sorry, but there is nothing to support the assumption that EK has one destination in mind and a desire to screw the Sens over.

His season ticket holder wife and in-laws probably wouldn't encourage the path you are suggesting...

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
The reality of your worst case scenario perhaps.

Sorry, but there is nothing to support the assumption that EK has one destination in mind and a desire to screw the Sens over.

His season ticket holder wife and in-laws probably wouldn't encourage the path you are suggesting...

It is very cute that you think any of that will factor in :laugh:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I am and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Great.

But as a married man, I can assure you that the wife and in-laws POV will play a significant role in this process.

In fact, my gut tells me he takes a hometown discount based on keeping the wife happy. The wife/family are loaded and $ will not be the only factor in this decision.

Last edited:

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Great.

But as a married man, I can assure you that the wife and in-laws POV will play a significant role in this process.

In fact, my gut tells me he takes a hometown discount based on keeping the wife happy. The wife/family are loaded and $ will not be the only factor in this decision.

I dont know what kind of relationship you have with your in-laws but the notion that a pro-athlete (or anyone) will let his/her spouse parents dictate what career move to do is absurd.

However, I do agree with you that his decision has less to do with money and more about Where he sees himself having fun playing while competing for a cup.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I dont know what kind of relationship you have with your in-laws but the notion that a pro-athlete (or anyone) will let his/her spouse parents dictate what career move to do is absurd.

However, I do agree with you that his decision has less to do with money and more about Where he sees himself having fun playing while competing for a cup.
The wife will have a far bigger say than the in-laws.

By all accounts though, the family is close and will be an influence.

Last edited:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If it meant Shattenkirk going the other way why not ?

Because your giving up more than Shattenkirk, especially if the deal is for a signed EK.

Your talking Rangers #1 and one of Andersson/Chytil. And that might not even be enough. Not a move a rebuilding team makes.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
If it meant Shattenkirk going the other way why not ?

Realistically we should give the Rangers 2 seasons to fully rebuild starting with this coming draft. That would make Karlsson about 30(after the rebuild) with likely 10m+ per if acquired. The Rangers should not be in on Karlsson for any reason. He does not help them with the rebuild, it kills 2 prime years and we would have to send young/core assets back for him which defeats the purpose of rebuilding and acquiring young assets.

I think a healthy Shattenkirk at 4.5 per for the next 3 seasons will perform well enough for the team.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Why would Karlsson agree to a sign and trade? It would only make his new team weaker and more unlikely to win a a cup.

Reactions: Chris Gioia

paragon

May 5, 2010
Great.

His inlaws fortunes should play zero factor in it. It's not his money and not even his wife's money. No man with any self-respect would rely on handouts (which they would hold over him forever) from his in-laws rather than his own his income.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Are you married? Deciding where you live is generally a decision made both both parties in a marriage and if you dont think it happens in pro sports ask EDM fans about Pronger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->