Proposal: Karlsson for Hischier

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Why would NJ do this?

One hand you lose Nico for one year of Karlsson on the other you give up 1st overall and two more 1sts for a guy that may never return to form after the Achilles injury.

Lmao never mind just saw the year on those 1sts. Obvious troll thread.
If only.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why would NJ do this?

One hand you lose Nico for one year of Karlsson on the other you give up 1st overall and two more 1sts for a guy that may never return to form after the Achilles injury.

Lmao never mind just saw the year on those 1sts. Obvious troll thread.

Well he did return to form and was very good once he was healthy the last 15 to 20 games so that shitty narrative can go.

However without an extension in place there is no way Jersey does this. He is one of the most promising young stars in the game no way they risk losing him if Karlsson could leave after next season.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I see casual fans still believe a team that gives up assets to acquire Karlsson hasn't already worked out an extension with him.

I see clueless fans still don’t understand that an extension agreed upon with an impending UFA who has to be traded does not entitle his former team to anywhere near the sort of return that it would get if that player were already locked up and under no obligation to be moved.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
1 for 1 deal

If Karlsson signs a 3+ year extension with the Devils NJ adds

2019 1st rounder
2023 1st rounder

Deal?

No way hischier is anywhere near a deal for anything. He's cost controlled for 2 more years, developing nicely... and more importantly.....they have sweet f*** all below him for C depth. NJ needs to be looking for a 2c, not trading a 1c.

Then they add 2 firsts if he signs 3+years. What if he signs a 4 year extension, then walks. They fall off a cliff in 2022-23, so they lose their lottery pick? No.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I want Karlsson in a huge way , so does everyone else but definitely not for Nico.
We have one of , if not the worst C depth in the league. Trading our best C would put us back into the post -cap Lou and Conte level of stupid hockey decision making .
“Hey , this Zacha kid reminds me of Bobby Holik ! Screw speed and skill . That Rantanen and Barzal kid aren’t nothin compared to him “

Sorry , I’m still bitter about that. Nothing against Zacha :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->