Proposal: Karlsson for 7OA ++

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
What do the Sedins living in Vancouver have to do with anything? These guys have barely played together in a handful of international games do you think he's going to move across Canada just so he can not even play with but just be in the same city as two retired hockey players?

Also Vancouver is not the best city to live in North America, unless of course you were just stating your opinion which by all means feel free to believe what you want.

Vegas could easily beat Vancouver's offer anyways. Tanev is barely worth a late 1st + decent prospect

Vienna tops Mercer’s 20th Quality of Living ranking

Vancouver is consistently ranked in the top 5 cities in the world to live. Swedes typically return to their home country after their NHL career is over, but the Sedins like the city so much the are staying.
Vegas? With Karlsson wanting to start a family soon I doubt sin city is a major draw

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This doesn't help Vancouver.

If I were Ottawa's GM, I'd accept it though. It would allow me to defer the 2018th pick to Colorado since the draft this year is top 3 heavy and #4 pretty much having the same value as #7.

#4 is a good spot because they will have the choice between Zadina or Dobson. The problem is that they're probably picking bottom 5 again next season with a good chance of drafting 1st OA. At 7th OA there will be some excellent choices though.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Geez, I never thought about Vancouver, but it makes some sense.

Sedins are still living in the city.
Tons of cap space.
Best city to live in North America.
That's a bit of a doozy.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
For an extended Karlsson, id offer

To Van
Karlsson
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa
7OA
2019 2nd rnd pick
Tanev
Kole Lind
Michael Dipietro

Is this enticing at all for Sens fans ?

Canuck eat Bobby Ryans contract witj no retention. That right there should get Melnyks attention.

-7OA has very high value.
-2nd rnd pick will most likely be a top 35 pick next year as Canucks are rebuilding.
- Tanev stabalizes the youth movement in Ottawa and then can be flipped for a 1st rnd pick at the deadline in a year or two when his contract expires.
- Kole Lind is a top5 Canuck prospect
- Dipetro was OHL goalie of the year and probably Canadas starter at WJC this upcoming winter.
Id do that deal in a heart beat,and Karlsson could even wear the C,,,,but would Jim Benning offer that?And would Dorian accept that deal..If im Benning go for it.

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Pull the trigger Van! We need a top flight talent to lead the next generation. We can offer the dough to make him happy and would get a legit number 1 dman for the first time ever. Even if it might take a year or three to build the team around him to compete for the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad