Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa
7OA
2019 2nd rnd pick
Tanev
Kole Lind
Michael Dipietro

Is this enticing at all for Sens fans ?

Canuck eat Bobby Ryans contract witj no retention. That right there should get Melnyks attention.

-7OA has very high value.
-2nd rnd pick will most likely be a top 35 pick next year as Canucks are rebuilding.
- Tanev stabalizes the youth movement in Ottawa and then can be flipped for a 1st rnd pick at the deadline in a year or two when his contract expires.
- Kole Lind is a top5 Canuck prospect
- Dipetro was OHL goalie of the year and probably Canadas starter at WJC this upcoming winter.

GarryMc

Apr 17, 2018
Karlsson Boeser Pettersson on the PP1 is delicous
Agree
2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think Benning would do this... which says something. Ottawa could get multiple picks quickly on this BIG THING not convinced it helps Vancouver cause I doubt Karlsson resigns there.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I like it. It's better than what I've seen posted on these boards. I would honestly say yes to this.

Reactions: Deku

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I don't think Benning would do this... which says something. Ottawa could get multiple picks quickly on this BIG THING not convinced it helps Vancouver cause I doubt Karlsson resigns there.

Thats why i said an extended Karlsson. So sign and trade.

I also disagree that Karlsson wouldnt re sign in Van. The only hurdle i see os if he wants to only go to a contending team. But Vancouver can make a case that they can be there in 2-3 yrs .

Dont forget Vancouver probably has the biggest Sweedish history in the NHL with Sedins Gradin Naslund and even Sundin.

Currently they have Eriksson, Edler , Markstrom , Nilsson and of course the next Sweedish Phoenom Elias Pettersson.

Vancouver is also consistently voted as top 5 most beautiful cities to live in year in and year out. From alll acoounts Karlsson had no problem playing in a Canadian market.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This doesn't help Vancouver.

If I were Ottawa's GM, I'd accept it though. It would allow me to defer the 2018th pick to Colorado since the draft this year is top 3 heavy and #4 pretty much having the same value as #7.

Reactions: Klaus3154

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
This doesn't help Vancouver.

It doesnt help Vancouver to trade for the best Dman in the world IMO?

We probably have the worst Dcore in the entire league. Please enlighten me how adding Karlsson doesnt help this juggernaut of a team.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
For an extended Karlsson, id offer

To Van
Karlsson
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa
7OA
2019 2nd rnd pick
Tanev
Kole Lind
Michael Dipietro

Canuck eat Bobby Ryans contract witj no retention. That right there should get Melnyks attention.

-2nd rnd pick will most likely be a top 35 pick next year as Canucks are rebuilding.
- Tanev stabalizes the youth movement in Ottawa and then can be flipped for a 1st rnd pick at the deadline in a year or two when his contract expires.
- Dipetro was OHL goalie of the year and probably Canadas starter at WJC this upcoming winter.

Geez, I never thought about Vancouver, but it makes some sense.

Sedins are still living in the city.
Tons of cap space.
Best city to live in North America.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It doesnt help Vancouver to trade for the best Dman in the world IMO?

We probably have the worst Dcore in the entire league. Please enlighten me how adding Karlsson doesnt help this juggernaut of a team.

I simply think Vancouver is giving away too many assets. I think they need more scoring.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Thats why i said an extended Karlsson. So sign and trade.

I also disagree that Karlsson wouldnt re sign in Van. The only hurdle i see os if he wants to only go to a contending team. But Vancouver can make a case that they can be there in 2-3 yrs .

Dont forget Vancouver probably has the biggest Sweedish history in the NHL with Sedins Gradin Naslund and even Sundin.

Currently they have Eriksson, Edler , Markstrom , Nilsson and of course the next Sweedish Phoenom Elias Pettersson.

Vancouver is also consistently voted as top 5 most beautiful cities to live in year in and year out. From alll acoounts Karlsson had no problem playing in a Canadian market.

Karlsson as a UFA has the choice to play with less pressure, getting paid with less taxes and signing with a more competitive team. Honestly, I kinda like the deal... Tanev gives Ottawa a chance to not be terrible pending on health and not gifting a top pick to Colorado.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I simply think Vancouver is giving away too many assets. I think they need more scoring.

Vancouver definitely does need more scoring and our biggest problem is we dont have a Dman to get our forwards the puck in transition.

I also cant remember the last time we had a powerplay Quarterback. Maybe Ehrhoff in 2011 ?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
When you're trading for Karlsson? Yeah kinda.

But then why dont you think Kole Lind or Michael Dipietro is a "throw in"

That Vancouver 2nd rnd 2019 pick will probably be a higher position yhan when Lind and Dipietro were drafted.

My point is 2nd rnd picks from bottom feeder teams are almost like a 1st rnd pick.

Reactions: eviohh26

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
While I think the value is decent, the worst thing is realizing that any deal Ottawa does it will almost assuredly be used to shed salary. That's disappointing as I would love to see what Ottawa could get back purely for a signed Karlsson.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
For an extended Karlsson, id offer

To Van
Karlsson
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa
7OA
2019 2nd rnd pick
Tanev
Kole Lind
Michael Dipietro

No No No why the hell would the Canucks want this? Why? How does taking a big ticket UFA on a rebuilding team and also absorbing what 4 more years of Bobby Ryans garbage contract while giving up a 7OA, a high second, our best D, probably a 3rd line winger and possibly a future NHL caliber goalie make any sense whatsoever.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
No No No why the hell would the Canucks want this? Why? How does taking a pending UFA on a rebuilding team and also absorbing what 4 more years of Bobby Ryans garbage contract while giving up a 7OA, a high second, our best D, probably a 3rd line winger and possibly a future NHL caliber goalie make any sense whatsoever.

I guess you didnt read the "extended Karlsson" part

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->