Karl Alzner - Calgary Hitmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
How good is this guy. He isn't elligble till the 2007 draft, he is allready 6`2 200, played extremely solid as a rookie in the WHL and has been selected to the Canadian Under 18 team. Is he the next big defensmen to come from the WHL. His PIM are very low so I have no clue if h is mean or physical.

Anyone see this kid and care to give me a description.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Ive just learnt of him this past year and didnt really pay a ton of attention to him but as a Calgarian and Hitmen fan I will surely see more of him next season if u can post this again netx year. All I can really recall is that I knew pretty much nothing of him but seemed to find myself thinking he is a solid player for our team and a defenceman we could count on down the stretch, he was quite solid for us. I cant give u a real good description just yet cause I havent paid alot of attention cause I actually always thought he was an overager.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Jason MacIsaac said:
How good is this guy. He isn't elligble till the 2007 draft, he is allready 6`2 200, played extremely solid as a rookie in the WHL and has been selected to the Canadian Under 18 team. Is he the next big defensmen to come from the WHL. His PIM are very low so I have no clue if h is mean or physical.

Anyone see this kid and care to give me a description.

I saw him play a lot last year. He's kind of a meat and potatoes defender. He's still really young, and fine tuning his game, but for his age, he played really well last season, especially down the stretch and in the playoffs when injuries ravaged the Hitmen blueline. He's got pretty good mobility, plays the body ok, moves the puck well....He doesn't really excel at anything, but he doesn't have a lot of weaknesses....I wouldn't say he's mean, but he'll play the body, and take out his man on the wall or infront of the net.....Probably more defensive than offensive, but I think he could put up decent point totals in time......I don't think he's eligible till '07 if I'm not mistaken....by then he will have 3 full WHL seasons under his belt and probably be a solid prospect for the draft......

krooky

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Although I've only seen him play 3 or 4 times I am a big fan of this kid. First game i watched him I liked how he played so I looked up his profile in the program and could not believe he was only 16. Played like a veteran each game after that and I believe there is no question that he'll be a big time prospect and in all likelyhood will play in the NHL one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad