Line Combos: Kapanen watch

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Who not Connor Brown with Matthews and Nylander? He can play that grinder and has better finish than Hyman and Komarov

Brown - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Marleau - Kapanen
JVR - Bozak - Johnsson
Martin - Plekanec - Komarov
Brown's been pretty trash this season, I think Hyman's better now on both ends. and you missed Marner.
When Kadri returns (assuming we make it to 5)

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Hyman-Kadri-Brown (shut down)
Johnsson-Moore/Komarov-Kapanen
This looks pretty weak ngl. Think this is an optimized roster:

JVR-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Marleau-Brown
Johnsson-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo-Kadri-Bozak

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
giphy.gif

Whyy is Kadri on the fourth line? Our second best center should not center the fourth line. I'm really confused.

Reactions: Eb

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
giphy.gif

Whyy is Kadri on the fourth line? Our second best center should not center the fourth line. I'm really confused.
It's called depth. Kadri would f***ing dominate 4th line competition, the HMB line played like a first line when Matthews was out so you play them against the Bergeron line to grind them out, the JNK line would be a beautiful combination of pure skill, speed AND 2 way play considering its wingers. And then you have the JVR-Matthews-Marner line that would dominate the Krejci line no problem.

Then come the 3rd period you shorten the bench, play Kadri sometimes in Nylander's spot and sometimes in Brown's spot.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
It seems like even when our biggest stars just don't show up for games, this guy brings it every ****ing night. I was hoping to see him with Matthews again tonight, it looked like he was starting to light a fire under his ass

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
kapanen-matthews-marner-need one 2 way forward, and speed and sniper (you have 2)
jvr-nylander-johnnson-one 2 way forward and speed and sniper (jvr)
hyman-marleau-brown energy with 2 way, grit and speed-hyman and brown have been linemates
leivo-bozak-plekanic/martin grit and scoring touch. leivo is big+skilled enough to win puck possession on boards.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kapanen has shown to be better than Hyman, Marleau, Brown, Bozak, and Plekanec. Yet he's been tossed back onto the 4th line.
Even Johnsson was one of the better players in game 2. I disagree with Hyman though. He's been solid.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Even Johnsson was one of the better players in game 2. I disagree with Hyman though. He's been solid.
Hyman was the only iffy one in that list for me - both have been good. I'd rank it Kapanen, Hyman, then Johnsson but all pretty close. Yet 2/3 are on the 4th line.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Hyman was the only iffy one in that list for me - both have been good. I'd rank it Kapanen, Hyman, then Johnsson but all pretty close. Yet 2/3 are on the 4th line.
There is no excuse tonight. It's our home building and we need to assert dominance. Whatever the lineup, just roll 4 lines and keep cranking the pace. If we don't win both at home, I fear the series is over in 5.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
His speed has been a great factor vs the Bruins.
2 breakaways.
2 posts.
Hopefully the puck starts going his way.

Reactions: Menzinger

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
He wasn't very noticeable in the last game. He needs to be a lot better.

Before you come at me just realize that he has 0 goals, 0 assists, and 0 points in 4 games.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
He wasn't very noticeable in the last game. He needs to be a lot better.

Before you come at me just realize that he has 0 goals, 0 assists, and 0 points in 4 games.
Seems like Kapanan is making plays all over the ice, just not scoring.

Since he is on the 4th line mostly, those chances often just created by himself.

Gotta like that hit midway in the 3rd period at center ice in a tight game. Leaves the bigger player flat out on the ice. Kapanan likes to get the odd hit in once in a while. Should play him Kadri sometimes.

Automatic line brawl.

:dunce:

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
He's a beauty but he's too fast to work well with JVR & Bozak. Even if Brown scored today I'd rather see Brown back with JVR and Kappy top line

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Bozak's goal last night. Kapanan made the deft pass under pressure to spring the breakout for the crisp passing for the nice goal. Zero points for him, but he started the whole play.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Impressed with the speed element that Kappy and Johnsson add to this team. Both have to be permanent fixtures within the top nine next season.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Hyman -Matthews - Kapanen
Marleau - -Plekanec - - Marner
Johnsson - - Kadri - - Nylander
VanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad