Recalled/Assigned: Kapanen sent down -- Gauthier called up

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I get the signing. He was dirt cheap. He can still skate. he was still a top faceoff guy last with plenty of PK time on a good PK (iirc).

But I'm glad they haven't been handing him a permanent spot out of stubborness.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Moore just seems like a Babs signing. His “fancy” numbers last year were downright awful. There’s no way I could see Dubas or Hunter being on the pro-Moore side of signing him

Reactions: Menzinger

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

i will be surprised if matthews doesnt play. having said that he looked really worn out in overtime last night. if matthews is out i want to see;

marleau-kadri-marner
jvr-nylander-brown
hyman-bozak-leivo
martin-goat-komorov

rielly-hainsey
gardiner-carrick
borgman-zaitsev

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I thought Gauthier was good enough in last year's showing.

He skates well enough for a big man.

21 games, 1 goal, 2 assists

Boyle
21 games, 0 goals, 3 assists

Yes, neither one of them are about offense.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I get the signing. He was dirt cheap. He can still skate. he was still a top faceoff guy last with plenty of PK time on a good PK (iirc).

But I'm glad they haven't been handing him a permanent spot out of stubborness.

likely reason he's gotten as many starts as he had is due to the free agency signing part.

Fair point about him playing the PK. Could have been a move to give Babs another role player. Didn't work out though.

I'd really like it if Aaltonen gets a chance at some point this sealsn

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
i will be surprised if matthews doesnt play. having said that he looked really worn out in overtime last night. if matthews is out i want to see;

marleau-kadri-marner
jvr-nylander-brown
hyman-bozak-leivo
martin-goat-komorov

rielly-hainsey
gardiner-carrick
borgman-zaitsev

Babcock has said he doesn't want Nylander at center this year and he seems to following through on it.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
likely reason he's gotten as many starts as he had is due to the free agency signing part.

Fair point about him playing the PK. Could have been a move to give Babs another role player. Didn't work out though.

I'd really like it if Aaltonen gets a chance at some point this sealsn

Or he could have been an insurance policy on Gauthier getting healthy/into the line-up.
At one point I heard end of year before Gauthier was going to be ready, and then out of nowhere he's playing.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Or he could have been an insurance policy on Gauthier getting healthy/into the line-up.
At one point I heard end of year before Gauthier was going to be ready, and then out of nowhere he's playing.

Could be. Though I'm not sure the Goat had locked in a roster spot wth the Leafs before getting injured.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I thought Gauthier was good enough in last year's showing.

He skates well enough for a big man.

21 games, 1 goal, 2 assists

Boyle
21 games, 0 goals, 3 assists

Yes, neither one of them are about offense.

Boyle was brought in for his experience and faceoff abilities. Also to contribute as well, but unfortunately that didn't' pan out. Boyle has had descent numbers offensively over the years

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If GOAT is up for a Matthews injury why send down Kapanen? Something going on.

Matthews
Kadri
Bozak
GOAT

Moore is the odd man out unless there is a trade.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If GOAT is up for a Matthews injury why send down Kapanen? Something going on.

Matthews
Kadri
Bozak
GOAT

Moore is the odd man out unless there is a trade.

moore likely to the pressbox? the lines at skate had freddy G as extra forward, I don't think it's anything to do with a trade, maybe one of the other C's also has a knock so babs got the goat up

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Boyle was brought in for his experience and faceoff abilities. Also to contribute as well, but unfortunately that didn't' pan out. Boyle has had descent numbers offensively over the years

Had the same FO% as GOAT. The guy did nothing and probably should have been screened better (bloodwork discovered his problems) before paying a 2nd for someone that probably was fighting a terrible disease during the stretch. Did he not experience strange symptoms or anything? It's hard to say either way but Boyle did not provide a 2nd worth of support to our team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Fehr was assigned to San Diego today.

that's a strange one, couldn't trade him I guess but our C depth is shallow maybe he refused to play for the marlies after his comments

edit: does that mean we get a roster spot on the 50 contract limit? or does he still count. Weird he wasn't loaned there we just gave him to san diego it appears

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Good. I like Goat as our 4C, he fills that niche well. If only he was meaner... he'd already be with us. I'd like to give him an extended look starting now.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
You aren't a fan of reliable players, who are a coaches dream and will do all the small things required to win?

Maybe uncleben85 just doesn't think Gauthier is as good as you do.

No, you're right, he must hate reliable players who do things to win.

You totally nailed that guy.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Had the same FO% as GOAT. The guy did nothing and probably should have been screened better (bloodwork discovered his problems) before paying a 2nd for someone that probably was fighting a terrible disease during the stretch. Did he not experience strange symptoms or anything? It's hard to say either way but Boyle did not provide a 2nd worth of support to our team.
Our 4th line was awful before we got Boyle and terrific after the trade so.....

Reactions: coupe93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->