Recalled/Assigned: Kapanen recalled/Gauthier assigned

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

I thought Gauthier was playing well, not sure why the switch? Also Kapanen is not a centre, so I guess Moore will slot back in, but where will Kapanen play?

A 4th line of Martin -- Moore and Kapanen .. with Kaspy getting his chance now after Freddy got his.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
A 4th line of Martin -- Moore and Kapanen .. with Kaspy getting his chance now after Freddy got his.

If Moore's in then he's replacing Gauthier. So where's the spot for Kapanen in the lineup?

Will we maybe see Komarov as 4C at some point?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not really surprising. Gauthier had some good games but a lot of bad or meh ones. Probably not what the Leafs expected after showing promise.

I hope they didn't call up Kapanen to sit him though. I hope this means they are shifting Marleau to center, and/or shifting Komarov or Bozak to the fourth line.

If they called him up to put him in the press box, that would be the biggest waste of time.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This is a good choice if we have a 4th line of martin-marner-kapanen. Two skilled players and one tough grinder. As a 4ht line center marner barely has any defensive responsibilities. That line should be able to be a good offensive line until both marner and kapanen are able to start producing. Then call up goat and shift marner up once he has earned it.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
We have enough quality wingers that I don't understand why they don't roll a Matthews/Kadri/Marleau/Bozak center core. Oh well, hopefully Kapanen sees lots of ice, we could use his speed.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If Moore's in then he's replacing Gauthier. So where's the spot for Kapanen in the lineup?

Will we maybe see Komarov as 4C at some point?

Kappy isn't a C so Leafs will need to make adjustments but usually Martin -- Moore and Kapanen has been Leafs 4th line in the past .

Babcock might have to find another struggling player and put them in the Press Box to play Kapanen.

Leafs are seeing what they have in house giving players opportunities and particularly next year and beyond. Gauthier would replace UFA Moore next year, or maybe Bozak even, Kapanen is being tested to see if JVR has an internal replacement.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Had to be done. Gauthier is nowhere near an NHL player at this point. Maybe sometime down the line, but I doubt it.

And Kappy should not only be on this team, but should be way up the lineup.

If Babcock can swallow his pride and sit Martin, we might start to look realgud.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Kapenan needs to be more hungry.

I wonder what happened to Moore. He needs to be more hungry too!
_______
I guess fans have completely lost hope in Leivo. Have they actually forgotten about him?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Unfortunately, Gauthier's skating ability, especially his speed, does not bode well for him in today's NHL. JMHO.

Reactions: Mork and weems

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Kapanen is a faster and better goal scoring option, Gauthier wasn't as fast in last night's game and turned over the puck a few times to the fast AV's.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Button just going off that Kappy needs to be more consistent.

I disagree, if he doesn't get 12 plus minutes and has to prove himself on the 4th line in a pure shutdown role, how can he do this?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I'd like to see Kapanen with Kadri and Marleau and Komarov moved down to the 4th line. Kapanen is defensively responsible and has more speed and offence than Leo.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Bozak - Brown/Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Martin - Komarov - Brown/Marner

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Marner should sit a game imo
Goat has been great, had a bad game, sure he’ll be back soon
Play uncle Leo on the 4th

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
VanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Brown
Martin - Komarov - Leivo

Reactions: Cotton

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Could be interesting to see how everything lines up with switching out a C for a winger.

Edit: looks like Kapanen in for Martin. Liking the look of those practice lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben85

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Had to be done. Gauthier is nowhere near an NHL player at this point. Maybe sometime down the line, but I doubt it.

And Kappy should not only be on this team, but should be way up the lineup.

If Babcock can swallow his pride and sit Martin, we might start to look realgud.

OMG OMG OMG

practice lines:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Komarov-Moore-Kapanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->