Kansas City Penguins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Gnashville said:
I guess so Less than 600 seats remain for toinght game vs the Blues :eek: http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pressbox/news.asp?story_id=598

Wow one game move over toronto! Nashville is the new Hockey Mecca :sarcasm: ... Didn't you sell out opening day and get solid attendance for the next game? Then what happend? Like I said we'll let the attendance next week speak for itself. I'd rather not get stuck into this conversation again because it really is pointless and redundant.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Squiddy said:
Wow one game move over toronto! Nashville is the new Hockey Mecca :sarcasm: ... Didn't you sell out opening day and get solid attendance for the next game? Then what happend? Like I said we'll let the attendance next week speak for itself. I'd rather not get stuck into this conversation again because it really is pointless and redundant.
Never said we were a hockey mecca just a growing market. It takes time for a Apple tree to bear fruit :shakehead
If you are tired of the conversation why bring up the Predators and bash them in every single thread on the message board and have our attendance as your signature

Last edited:

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Gnashville said:
Never said we were a hockey mecca just a growing market. It takes time for a Apple tree to bear fruit :shakehead
If you are tired of the conversation why bring up the Predators and bash them in every single thread on the message board and have our attendance as your signature

I haven't mentioned the predators in the longest time (I didn't even mention their name when a post came and I posted my opinion). Boo friggen hoo.. stop associating me with the predators and houston because it's not my fault that your city is giving the media, hockey fans, and your own players (see Scot Walker) a reason to doubt your viability!

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Squiddy said:
HA... good one... I'm not going to even bother arguing with you because next weeks preds attendance will speak for itself.

Sounds like someone's still mad about Bud Adams moving the Oilers to Nashville.......

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Squiddy said:
Wow one game move over toronto!

That's some nice work right there.

You basically say that next week's attendance will show everyone how bad Nashville's attendance is.

Then reports come in that show that the attendance will be good.

Then you say "Well, it's only one game".

Seriously, nice work! :rolleyes:

Rooselk

Jan 24, 2004
Billings, MT
free0717 said:
KC is a bad market. Portland OR is a much better market.

My preference is that the Pens remain in Pittsburgh. But it's long since past time that we got a NHL team here in the Pacific Northwest. Sure, Vancouver has the Canucks, but there is virtually no coverage of the team south of the border. And since Seattle has no facility capable of hosting a NHL team, Portland and the Rose Garden makes sense. Besides, while Portland does have an NBA team, a hockey team would not have to compete with MLB and the NHL like it would in Seattle or KC.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Squiddy said:
HA... good one... I'm not going to even bother arguing with you because next weeks preds attendance will speak for itself.

Uh Squid

Why are we talking Kansas City, not Houston, in this thread since when are the Aeros the talk and the focus in Harris County?????

We have the Astros, U-Houston, Baylor, the Rockets/Comets (Les's teams, btw) getting more coverage if not equivalent to Aeros coverage even in the Chronicle???????

I get more Aeros news off their website than the Chronicle can do. :shakehead

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Squiddy said:
I haven't mentioned the predators in the longest time (I didn't even mention their name when a post came and I posted my opinion). Boo friggen hoo.. stop associating me with the predators and houston because it's not my fault that your city is giving the media, hockey fans, and your own players (see Scot Walker) a reason to doubt your viability!

Why doesn't all hockey fans start posting Aeros attendance huh Squid :shakehead

U keep whining about how great Houston is and deserves an NHL Team :rant:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Rooselk said:
My preference is that the Pens remain in Pittsburgh. But it's long since past time that we got a NHL team here in the Pacific Northwest. Sure, Vancouver has the Canucks, but there is virtually no coverage of the team south of the border. And since Seattle has no facility capable of hosting a NHL team, Portland and the Rose Garden makes sense. Besides, while Portland does have an NBA team, a hockey team would not have to compete with MLB and the NHL like it would in Seattle or KC.

It's not that Seattle couldn't support a pro hockey team, Rooselk, it's just that how many hockey fans in Seattle who watch the Sonics/Storm/Mariners and there already is a quite successful Western Hockey League junior team in the Thunderbirds unless it plays in Tacoma, which did have AN ECHL team at one point....

and now Victoria, BC having hockey as well.

Rooselk

Jan 24, 2004
Billings, MT
CHRDANHUTCH said:
It's not that Seattle couldn't support a pro hockey team, Rooselk, it's just that how many hockey fans in Seattle who watch the Sonics/Storm/Mariners and there already is a quite successful Western Hockey League junior team in the Thunderbirds unless it plays in Tacoma, which did have AN ECHL team at one point....

and now Victoria, BC having hockey as well.

There are actually two WHL teams in the Seattle area. The Silvertips play in Everett, which is just 20 minutes north of Seattle.

The problem with Seattle getting a NHL team is that there is no facility. Key Arena, where the Sonics, Storm, and T-Birds play, is fine for basketball and minor league hockey, but it is not an NHL class facility. As it is, Key Arena removes seats at one end of the building in order to fit the rink for T-Bird games. This means that one end of the facility cannot be used for seating when the rink is in place. In order to get an NHL team, Seattle would have to build a new facility - which is not going to happen.

By the way, I am an Everett Silivertips season ticket holder. I can tell you that the new Everett Events Center is certainly preferable for watching a WHL game compared to Key Arena.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
KC seems to be the only viable relocation option.
Portland, Seattle, Houston, Milwaukee, all would have to share the building with NBA thugs which mean 1/2 the revenue stream. Winnipeg you would have 15.5K per night @ 80 to 90 cent on the dollar with higher taxes and less luxury suites. IMO KC would probably land a NBA team before a NHL because most owners are going to wait it out in their current markets for atleast 10 more years with the new CBA. Pitt will get the new building and Nashville and Carolina are starting to win and grow their fan bases.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Doctor No said:

You basically say that next week's attendance will show everyone how bad Nashville's attendance is.

Thank you atleast someone got my point :handclap: our attendance is improving yet people still complain.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Rooselk said:
I can tell you that the new Everett Events Center is certainly preferable for watching a WHL game compared to Key Arena.

I agree wholeheartedly. Key Arena can't really even fit a rink into the building; the home end of the ice doesn't even have lower-bowl seating as the ice surface cuts into that territory.

Having said that, Seattle and Everett both have very passionate fans.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I'm waiting to hear how St. Louis isn't a good hockey market and the Blues should be relocated because they only attract perhaps 13,500 fans a game despite the fact that Savvis was full for much of the last 7+ years and the fans are staying away in droves as a protest to how the franchise has been handled since the lockout.

Transported Upstater

Irish Blues said:
I'm waiting to hear how St. Louis isn't a good hockey market and the Blues should be relocated because they only attract perhaps 13,500 fans a game despite the fact that Savvis was full for much of the last 7+ years and the fans are staying away in droves as a protest to how the franchise has been handled since the lockout.

If anyone thinks St. Louis isn't a good place for hockey they need to be doused in chocolate sauce and put on Keith Tkachuk's dinner table.

Skroob*

Squiddy said:
That would be a sad day.. if the pens move.. Atleast they actually care about hockey when the team is winning.

Which is exactly why the don't deserve a team. Win or Lose, i go to Ranger games. Hell, this is a rebuilding year for the rangers and i just bought season tickets for the first time.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
CHRDANHUTCH said:
Why doesn't all hockey fans start posting Aeros attendance huh Squid :shakehead

U keep whining about how great Houston is and deserves an NHL Team :rant:

Why? Because no one cares about the AHL except for the odd person like you... It's the minor leagues... and if you think the AHL/IHL has anything to do with getting a pro team you are wrong my friend. No body cared about the Minnesota moose, but they love the wild!!!

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Doctor No said:

Hence I said NEXT WEEK's attendance... :shakehead

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Irish Blues said:

St louis is great!

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Gnashville said:
KC seems to be the only viable relocation option.
Portland, Seattle, Houston, Milwaukee, all would have to share the building with NBA thugs which mean 1/2 the revenue stream. Winnipeg you would have 15.5K per night @ 80 to 90 cent on the dollar with higher taxes and less luxury suites. IMO KC would probably land a NBA team before a NHL because most owners are going to wait it out in their current markets for atleast 10 more years with the new CBA. Pitt will get the new building and Nashville and Carolina are starting to win and grow their fan bases.

Well you know... There are MANY NBA/NHL cities that do well with both teams... Could it be the population??? :shakehead

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Squiddy said:
Well you know... There are MANY NBA/NHL cities that do well with both teams... Could it be the population??? :shakehead

Then theres NBA/NHL cities like Atlanta, where the NHL outdraws the NBA most nights (Since the NBA and NHL use different standards to show attendance, it's difficult to properly compare). The Hawks draw so poorly that they don't even sell tickets in the 400 section for most games. The home opener was a sellout because they were playing the Lakers.

jb**

lonewolf-Superbeast said:
I'm sorry, this thread isn't feasable. The pens will never leave Pittsburgh. Mario is god here. What he says happens or has a habit of happening in a short period of time. With the Kid here, for once Pittsburgh has once again become the center of the NHL community. Why on god's green earth wouldn't the city of pittsburgh do everything they can to keep them here?

A move to K.C. would be a bad one. I have lived in Missouri. I know what the top 3 sports are there....Football, Baseball, College Basketball. Unless, your on the Eastern side of the state, Hockey is up there in the Lou.

The track record on hockey teams in K.C. are horrible. It would be a bad move since they haven't drawn a sellout crowd since the Blades won the Turner Cup.

Stupid thread, period. :soap: :deadhorse
to say the Pens will never leave is just ridiculous on your part. Who cares if he is a God it is about the dollars. No arena = they move it is that simple. Pittsburgh is not the center of the NHL community hate to break the news to you. Even with Mario and Crosby they still are not selling out every game. I don't think the city would miss them at all .the only people who would miss them are the Pens fans who make up a small part of the city.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Squiddy said:
LA, NY, NJ, Boston, Philly, Chicago, Washington, Denver, Atlanta are all cities with NBA and NHL teams in the same building most of those teams have been sharing for more than 20 years with Atlanta and Denver being the exceptions. Like I said the 3 teams (Car. Nash. & Pitt ) most often named for relocation are the only tenents in their current buildings (Car. has NC State but Universities don't move and don't ask for great deals) and would have to share with the NBA team which means 50% arena revenue and not 100%. That is where KC has the advantage over Houston, Portland, and Seattle.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Gnashville said:
LA, NY, NJ, Boston, Philly, Chicago, Washington, Denver, Atlanta are all cities with NBA and NHL teams in the same building most of those teams have been sharing for more than 20 years with Atlanta and Denver being the exceptions. Like I said the 3 teams (Car. Nash. & Pitt ) most often named for relocation are the only tenents in their current buildings (Car. has NC State but Universities don't move and don't ask for great deals) and would have to share with the NBA team which means 50% arena revenue and not 100%. That is where KC has the advantage over Houston, Portland, and Seattle.

Where does pittsburgh fit into your rant? They are trying to get a new arena, but no one is questioning their viability to draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad