Confirmed with Link: Kane re-signed. 7 years x $7m AAV

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Honestly, Sharks need him and he played well. I’m ok with it. Watch, DW will find a way to stay in on Tavares.
OR, Tavares might be re-signing with NYI. DW and Lou are pretty close, wouldn’t doubt Lou telling DW that Tavares is as good as re-signed.

Reactions: Sharksrule04

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
Fire DW!

Then hire him back so you can FIRE HIM again!

Hire and fire him for each million and each year of this travesty!

Happy to have Kaner back. But it’s a mistake. He’s injury prone. But he provides speed, grit, and goal scoring. When he’s in the lineup, which is never. And all that money we could’ve spent on other assets like John Tavares who was FOR SURE gonna be a shark but now will settle for being a Maple Leaf. And I can’t get over Kane’s baggage. But he was young and stupid, making millions of dollars so at least I understand. But I don’t forgive! f*** him! He’s so good, he and Timo mean we can bash heads and score goals on multiple lines! So stoked! And so angry!

Do I sound like a real sharks fan? I feel like I do....

Reactions: RRenegade

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Watch the market for him be so much lower than what we signed him for.

If Kane’s worth 49mil wtf is Hertl gonna ask for now?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
This is horrific.

Absolutely. You give up a 1st, you overpay and you gamble on term. I like Wilson and he's done well so far but if that's true, he deserves to get fired for that signing alone.
He held all the cards and was in the position to put pressure on Kane because of the 1st. Honestly, if Kane wanted to stay he easily could have taken a discount to make up for the 1st. If he asked for 7x7 then he's dumb and greedy...if that's true then he might as well go where he came from. Sharks don't really need him anyways. Another righty would be needed.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Just throwing it out there, I wonder if this means a winger like Meier is gone in a package for a player like Erik Karlsson.

7x7 is a pretty confident number, DW has to have something else going on. Martin buyout and Boedker move? That or Jumbo is coming back super cheap?

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Man, I was all for signing him but that seems steep. 6x6 just seems so much better then 7x7

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
7x7 is a pretty confident number, DW has to have something else going on. Martin buyout and Boedker move? That or Jumbo is coming back super cheap?

The original tweet said the estimated figure was around 7M, 7Y. Perhaps it could be closer to $6M, 6Y. Fingers crossed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Typical Doug Wilson way overpayment.

Overpays frickin Vlasic an entire year before even becomes a UFA, instead of maybe waiting until the new calendar year like he did with Burns. Overpays Martin Jones, coming off a mediocre season, a whole year before he turns UFA, because of course there's not 25-26 other teams with a goalie at least as good or better than him.

Now he way overpays for Kane. That's a year too long and a million per year too long. Was Evander Kane really gonna get that much in UFA?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
DW has to know something else we don’t, this just doesn’t make sense when you have a 1C in his prime entering the market. He needs to really get creative now

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Couture about to get an 8x8 extension. This team is going to be so top heavy
Just wait until old man Joe is signed to a 3-4 year deal in the coming year.

And by old man Joe, I don't mean Thornton....

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Big mistake that is. Either DW knows the cap is going up even more than previously discussed or he know Tavares is no longer an option and wanted to lock Kane up. Either way he screwed this one up

How did he screw it up if Tavares isn't leaving NY?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad