Kane or Kessel?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Kessel may not have the best hockey sense to begin with. From watching him last year. From his frst game against Alberta. where he looked like a total lazt hot dog. To recently on TV for Boston. He must be a hockey sponge. His game has totally changed. The kid is still growing and IMO is not near his limit yet. If Kane is going to top that. He is a guranted all star and top player in the league. Thats tough to out right beat.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
The problem with the Kessel haters is that they are going by their preconceived notions of the kid and they arent watching him play. If you look at his point production and already think hes a malcontent, then ya, he doesnt look that impressive.

If he had been on a more interesting team, or had somehow been more visible than people would see what bruins fans have seen the last 3 months. The kid has improved by leaps and bounds and Im comfortable saying Phil Kessel in april is twice as good a player as Phil Kessel last October. I expect a pretty big break out next year playing full time with Bochenski. They have great chemistry and have been the Bruins best looking line for the last couple weeks.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
What scares me about Kessel is the fact that Savard and Bergeron are locked up for a couple of years, so or he moves to the wing, or he centers a 3rd line wich is not the best fit for his developement...

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
What scares me about Kessel is the fact that Savard and Bergeron are locked up for a couple of years, so or he moves to the wing, or he centers a 3rd line wich is not the best fit for his developement...
Kessel will play center next year, they were discussing putting Bergeron on Savard's line or taking other steps to make room.

His linemates won't be the best, but hopefully they'll be better than Petr Tenkrat, Stan Chistov, Shean Donovan, etc. Might be something there with him and Bochenski, they'll be playing together on team USA this offseason.

Super Berg

Oct 14, 2006
Ontario
I think Kessel is the pure sniper and Kane is the playmaker. Tough to compare right now. I don't think who ever drafts Kane will let him start in the NHL next year like BOston did with Kessel. Maybe we can compare after Kane's 1st season in the NHL.

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
I think Kessel is the pure sniper and Kane is the playmaker. Tough to compare right now. I don't think who ever drafts Kane will let him start in the NHL next year like BOston did with Kessel. Maybe we can compare after Kane's 1st season in the NHL.

Watch a few games with Kessel playing center and you might change your tune.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->