Kaigarodov vs. Perezhogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Two players of similar build, Kaigarodov is more of a playmaker while Perezhogin is more of a scorer, would do you prefer?

Both are having good season in the RSL, I believe Kaigarodov is leading the RSL in scoring, while Perezhogin is having a great season as well...

let's try to keep this one a bit more civil

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
The only time I've seen Kaigorodov was 2 years ago in the WJC's. He avoided contact at every turn. Maybe he's changed, I don't know.

Perezhogin has proven himself a little more. I don't like his size, but Kaigorodov is average and doesn't use it (so what good is that?)

I choose Perezhogin.

Edit: The Russia board would probably be a much better place for this thread. They're getting a much better read on both players right now than any of us can.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I thought about the same thread yesterday! :)

I like them both and follow them very close. If I need to pick up only one I'd go with Kaigorodov, cause, I think he has more upside, better vision, he is faster and makes better decisions on the ice. Both have good hands, and both can use sweet moves to beat defencemen, but Kaigorodov does it a little bit faster.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Who's Kaigorodov? Never heard of him...

leading point getter in the RSL right now, I believe he played on the same WJC team as Perezhogin

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
hes a sens prospect.. and apprently he is very soft.. soft like a pillow

i'd take perezhogin over him

CH Wizard

Perezhogin , he proved that he can score at any level (beside the NHl because he didn't play there yet).He's a very good skater and has great vision.He's small though.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
trentmccleary said:
The only time I've seen Kaigorodov was 2 years ago in the WJC's. He avoided contact at every turn. Maybe he's changed, I don't know.

From a Petr Sykora (currently playing with Kaygorodov with Magnitogorsk) interview:

"PS: When Kazan comes to play here, they apply a rougher, sort of "Canadian" style. They hit a lot, which is something you don't see when you play teams from the bottom half of the standings. We [the Czechs] don't have any problems with it, but a few of our teammates do. Suddenly, they don't want a puck, they play scared. Some Russian stars become half as big because of that.

Q: Which [Russian] players belong to the team stars?

PS: Kaygorodov plays well. Unfortunately, the problems I just described well apply to his case.

http://letsgopens.com/scripts/PensBoard/PensBoard.html

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Is this some kind of joke?

I know most of you people have never seen any of these guys play, except at the WJC, so please stop arguing about those 2 players. Anyone who has watched the Superleague in 2004-2005 knows who's the better player, and that is Kaigorodov, BY A MILE!

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
wilka91 said:
Is this some kind of joke?

I know most of you people have never seen any of these guys play, except at the WJC, so please stop arguing about those 2 players. Anyone who has watched the Superleague in 2004-2005 knows who's the better player, and that is Kaigorodov, BY A MILE!

This post must have been some kind of a joke. Give me Perezhogin any day.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Anyone who has watched the Superleague in 2004-2005 knows who's the better player, and that is Kaigorodov, BY A MILE!

But the question is will he fight for the puck and take a hit to make a play?
Being better in the RSL is one thing, being able to translate that to NHL success is another.
However, you're right... you and the Russian posters should have a much better read on these guys. Talent or not, do you really think that Kaigrodov will be able to produce at a high level against 220 pound defensemen?

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
RickyF said:
Get lost, troll.

Not to deny his given talent, more so try to make light of an unfortunate incident to which I dont hold any grudge against the young man. All wounds seem to heal beside the offense taken by a chosen few on this forum.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Kaigorodov. He is a Larionov type of player. Exelent vision and playmaking, great skating abilities and pretty good finishing skills. I think at all this categories Kaigorodov right now surpasses Perezhogin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad