Injury Report: Kadri

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Guys, I come from the future, I have the lowdown on Crouse. Years from now he tops out at an 85 overall and barely produces, but he mows people down all over the place.

How do I know? The oracle of NHL 17 Franchise mode told me so.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Since this is a Crouse forum. Do you remember Don Cherry criticizing the Leaf selection of Nylander over the Crouse, (two picks later) in the draft. The big tough Canadian over the slick Swede, despite the fact that Nylander was born in Canada and spend much of his childhood in North America.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Since this is a Crouse forum. Do you remember Don Cherry criticizing the Leaf selection of Nylander over the Crouse, (two picks later) in the draft. The big tough Canadian over the slick Swede, despite the fact that Nylander was born in Canada and spend much of his childhood in North America.

that was Nick Ritchie, actually. the guy on his way to yet another 20-odd point season.

Crouse was the guy many pundits were projecting/hoping the leafs would pick 4th overall in 2015, who then complained when they chose a small runt like marner instead.

Reactions: Shanty and 93LEAFS

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
that was Nick Ritchie, actually. the guy on his way to yet another 20-odd point season.

Crouse was the guy many pundits were projecting/hoping the leafs would pick 4th overall in 2015, who then complained when they chose a small runt like marner instead.

So, then Cherry was a double Crouse supporter. I do remember him criticizing the selection of Nylander. Looking at that draft, the Leafs seemed to very fortunate that some "misses" were taken ahead of Nylander at # 8. Bennett, DalColle an Virtanen. Kapanen was # 24, and there were lots taken ahead of him that still haven't shown NHL promise in the NHL or AHL.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So, then Cherry was a double Crouse supporter. I do remember him criticizing the selection of Nylander. Looking at that draft, the Leafs seemed to very fortunate that some "misses" were taken ahead of Nylander at # 8. Bennett, DalColle an Virtanen. Kapanen was # 24, and there were lots taken ahead of him that still haven't shown NHL promise in the NHL or AHL.

It is definitely lucky....but then again plenty of good players went after Willy that good scouting departments should have known would be good - Pastrnak, Larkin, Point, and others.

It all comes down to having good management. With bad management and a bit of bad luck, we could have ended up with Laine, Hanifin, and Virtanen instead of Matthews, Nylander, and Marner, and we would still be a crap team without much hope.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Komarov threw more hits then all the other forwards combined. Blocked the same amount of shots as all other forwards combined. Lead the forwards in penalty-killing time. That is Komarov earning his pay and doing his job. Scoring? That's for the likes of: Nylander, Matthews, Bozak, Marner ... who didn't have a point between them last night. Komarov doesn't carry Kadri, he supports him. It's called team-work. Kadri can play with more risk, carry the puck more, knowing there is a fail safe. Otherwise on many plays, Kadri would have to safely get rid of the puck. Komarov doesn't prompt Kadri's offense through scoring, but through risk-management. If this were the 80's Leafs, no you wouldn't use a Komarov on his line. If there's any positive light in this situation, perhaps if Kadri does miss some games, Komarov will try to seize his own opportunities a little more and get his own game a little more diverse.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Well cherry is an idiot

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sidney Crosby and Connor mcdavid was drafted in the 1st round. He probably has more skills than kadri
Did you completely ignore my question? So are you saying Crouse is generational like Crosby and McDavid?
What skills does he have over Kadri?

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
giphy.gif

Reactions: PromisedLand

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Before people pass judgement on Crouse, re-watch the hit in question. Crouse was already ahead of Kadri (he didn't even look behind him to see Kadri coming), was in against the boards trying to dig the puck out, and his right elbow was already elevated to help get the leverage to dig the puck out. Kadri literally skated into his elbow. Hopefully he bounces back quick, but that hit was in no way Crouse's fault.

Sorry, but Crouse's elbow was as high as his own head...unless you're delivering a hit to another player's head, there's no need to have your own elbow that high. You don't think Kadri has gone into the boards against other players many times? Unless the opposing player plans to deliberately hit you with a high elbow, you wouldn't be suspecting it because guys don't hold their elbows that high unless they are purposely delivering a hit to another person's head. Also, Crouse's feet left the ice for leverage as he delivered the hit...he wasn't just trying to dig the puck out.

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Komarov threw more hits then all the other forwards combined. Blocked the same amount of shots as all other forwards combined. Lead the forwards in penalty-killing time. That is Komarov earning his pay and doing his job. Scoring? That's for the likes of: Nylander, Matthews, Bozak, Marner ... who didn't have a point between them last night. Komarov doesn't carry Kadri, he supports him. It's called team-work. Kadri can play with more risk, carry the puck more, knowing there is a fail safe. Otherwise on many plays, Kadri would have to safely get rid of the puck. Komarov doesn't prompt Kadri's offense through scoring, but through risk-management. If this were the 80's Leafs, no you wouldn't use a Komarov on his line. If there's any positive light in this situation, perhaps if Kadri does miss some games, Komarov will try to seize his own opportunities a little more and get his own game a little more diverse.
You is treally understanding ice hockey and the NHL :clap: :props:
Y'all is talking about the komarov element and his job. Not all human beings are the same. We are different and we are being paid by doing other things, different thangs than malkin or kessel or sundin. We is getting paid for hustle forever. That there is some tru dirt. Imagine somebody somewhere is being motivated by the haters. That's deep. Like that's the biggest motivation for that guy. Kadri is special too, he gets under people's skin. Komarov too, but in a different manor. Kommy is our key PK guy, also a very clever player on every situation. Rarely makes mistakes, babcock lov dat.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Cherry's racist, what do you expect?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Let's all hope he is fine instead of getting in to any arguments as he is a important piece to the success of this club, some one with true heart and grit that's missing on this team

Reactions: Pookie

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
any "real" updates on Kadri? or is it still upper body and day to day?

Vegas is a strong team without Kadri it is going to be even more tough that it would have been if he had been playing

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Cherry was ecstatic with the Marner draft. Because we took Marner and Dermott. Then was pissed the next year because we didn't take a single GTA kid,even throwing slight shade at Matthews but not too much knowing saying that McLeod over Matthews would be deemed insanity by his standards. But, wasn't happy with Korshkov and Grundstrom picks.

Don loves his local kids, and is actively involved in watching minor-hockey. He wants these kids to play for the Leafs. Is it a bit annoying? Absolutely, but its fairly transparent. I give Don a pass on some of these things, because how often do you think other hockey personalties take time out of there week to go meet young hockey players, watch and comment on there game. Bob McKenzie is a great reporter with info, but I doubt he's stepped into a GTHL game more than maybe 3 times since sons stopped playing. Not sure if he still does, but Don was doing that close to once or twice a week at a point.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Cherry was ecstatic with the Marner draft. Because we took Marner and Dermott. Then was pissed the next year because we didn't take a single GTA kid,even throwing slight shade at Matthews but not too much knowing saying that McLeod over Matthews would be deemed insanity by his standards. But, wasn't happy with Korshkov and Grundstrom picks.

Don loves his local kids, and is actively involved in watching minor-hockey. He wants these kids to play for the Leafs. Is it a bit annoying? Absolutely, but its fairly transparent. I give Don a pass on some of these things, because how often do you think other hockey personalties take time out of there week to go meet young hockey players, watch and comment on there game. Bob McKenzie is a great reporter with info, but I doubt he's stepped into a GTHL game more than maybe 3 times since sons stopped playing. Not sure if he still does, but Don was doing that close to once or twice a week at a point.
Justa note of minor league hockey in Toronto.

A good friend of mine has been a minor league coach in Toronto for over 30 years. Some his players have become NHLers. He never coached PK Subban, but he said Subban was the best player he ever saw in his league...10 year olds I believe. He coached current Islander Dman Adam Pelech. Said of him he was the greatest kid he ever coached. Always enthusiastic, always positive, even on a crappy team.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Before people pass judgement on Crouse, re-watch the hit in question. Crouse was already ahead of Kadri (he didn't even look behind him to see Kadri coming), was in against the boards trying to dig the puck out, and his right elbow was already elevated to help get the leverage to dig the puck out. Kadri literally skated into his elbow. Hopefully he bounces back quick, but that hit was in no way Crouse's fault.

His elbow is up all the way through the hit but changes angle as Kadri comes in. Looks like he was holding it out there as protection and a weapon at the same time. He doesn't throw it but looks like a dangerous elbow regardless. Actually, just looking at it again the elbow comes up and out as Kadri's head snaps back. He saw Kadri coming and spins off the hit after delivering the head shot.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

No one seriously wanted Crouse, that was probably from McKeens or some amateur scouting service mock draft.

Crouse is like a Steve Bancroft or a Scott Thornton. Only a fool would look at that player and think "Yeah my team has to use a first rounder on that."

Actually it's kinda cool that he's on Arizona, the team that employs Luke Schenn. Like they just want to be the organization that collects all these misfit toys.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Guessing Kadri is going to be out like Matthews for a while with a concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad