Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
The league is inconsistent when it comes to suspensions, no doubt. But they are consistent about it. :sarcasm:

Very disappointed in NK's bone head play, I expected better from him. I think his heart was in the right place, but his brain checked out momentarily. Likely will be a contributing factor if Leafs bow out in 1st round, which is now more apt to happen. But hopes springs eternal and............

Reactions: Pookie

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
What a great game by Naz on his return. I hope he gets to stick around to experience the great years that lie ahead. Such a huge part of this team and he has played his heart out for us over the years. Truly a great Maple Leaf of all time.

RickyVaive

Jul 6, 2013
Naz was a beast tonight. Keeping those 'Ruins' honest with his physical play and that pass to Andreas!! Too bad the refs decided that we should play short handed for half the game, he could have made an even bigger impact if he got to play more.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Kadri definitely answered the bell tonight and is more noticeable and needed than I thought (and I like Kadri a lot).

His absence was so pronounced tonight. He is a calming influence on the puck.

Reactions: Kurtz

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't like the concept of intangibles, but I really love what Kadri brings to the team beyond just his excellent play. the way he plays is awesome and it rubs off on the rest of the team.

he sure is victimizing the big tough Bruins who were supposed to be victimizing us

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Oh boy... Quite a dam game from Kadri yesterday.
I can imagine a poster, won't mention details, but his name rhymes with Rookie who probably felt that game like a stab in the heart :laugh:

it's tough, once you've invested that many negative keystrokes in a guy it's pretty hard to go back on that position

Kadri is a real success story for this new regime. This is a kid who easily could have been shuffled off to some other team, but the Leafs have turned him into a very good 2 way player.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention again how excellent his contract is.

Shayne Corsi

Oct 17, 2017
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest that Naz is our most important player in this series (maybe outside of Andersen). He is the only leaf willing to go hard into the boards ON EVERY PLAY. He was nailing everyone last night, to such an extent that their guys started looking over their shoulders going into the boards with him. He is doing to them exactly what has been so effective with us, and what has unfortunately made players like Nylander wilt (the reason Nylander hasn't been effective is because he's eschewing / scared of contact, NOT because he can't physically handle it).

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
it's tough, once you've invested that many negative keystrokes in a guy it's pretty hard to go back on that position

Kadri is a real success story for this new regime. This is a kid who easily could have been shuffled off to some other team, but the Leafs have turned him into a very good 2 way player.

Yep we are not the Edmonton Oilers. If we were we would have sold low on Kadri and Gardiner instead of getting their confidence back up.

Imagine this team without Kadri and Gardiner? Our depth would be crushed.

Oilers gave up on Hall, Schultz etc.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Yup. I am pretty stunned he' with the Leafs still and will be for many more years to come. He was treated so poorly by previous management.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Oh boy... Quite a dam game from Kadri yesterday.
I can imagine a poster, won't mention details, but his name rhymes with Rookie who probably felt that game like a stab in the heart :laugh:

Huh? My team won. How is any of that bad?

@PromisedLand represented your little fan club well when he said he hopes Kadri returns and they win so that he could troll people. As you are attempting to do right now.

Have FUn with that.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
he really was. I was very impressed.
It really makes you wonder though what would be had he not gotten himself suspended.
ah wll. just have to win game 6-7 and be done with it.

Well, they lost game 1 with him. And won game 3 without. We don’t know if he would have paraded to the box and taken himself out or been a factor.

Can’t play the what if game. As you say, just need to win what’s in front.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Even if Kadri puts this team on his shoulders and the Buds get past Boston all is not forgiven.

He will do these antics again.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Guys why did we bump this? I got scared that he got suspended again. Wouldn't put it past the NHL - "Kadri gets 3 game suspension for playing hockey."

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

When you paint yourself into a corner, getting out is tough. Especially if you're allergic to admitting your mistakes.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest that Naz is our most important player in this series (maybe outside of Andersen). He is the only leaf willing to go hard into the boards ON EVERY PLAY. He was nailing everyone last night, to such an extent that their guys started looking over their shoulders going into the boards with him. He is doing to them exactly what has been so effective with us, and what has unfortunately made players like Nylander wilt (the reason Nylander hasn't been effective is because he's eschewing / scared of contact, NOT because he can't physically handle it).

Not much of a stretch at all - the kid's a leader and thrives on tough competition.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Careful @Gary Nylund . Your HF personna may be in jeopardy.

I blew out a birthday candle and made a wish that you could only tell the truth.

200w.gif

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't cheer against Kadri. He does a lot of good things out there. I just get disappointed with his suspensions (and the timeliness of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->