Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The Boston biased thing was called the Baaaston Garden advantage back in the 70's, its not a new thing, players knew it, coaches knew it, its was just something you accepted as a competing team. Thing is I don't see this sort of lopsided reffing in any other rink in the league.. ask any Hab fan they'll tell ya. Philly use to get some sweetheart calls when Schnider was alive but not so much anymore.

The influence of Jeremy Jacobs in the NHL is real. Its been often said that Jacobs is the voice and puppeteer behind Gary Bettman.

“Many people” are saying ...? ;)

Just like the Habs PP advantage late in the game. Or outside of Toronto, the league and ties to Shanahan conspiracy (and Burke before him).

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The knee on Nash was accidental. Kadri had Nash in his sights and turned his shoulder but as Nash was in transition with the puck he rolled his shoulder inwards to evade Kadri but he wasn't able to move his back leg out of the way in time which left him in an awkward position.
lol of course it was , just like Kadri's knee on Ovi last year

lucky for us all our dirty plays are accidental unlike our opponents who are just dirty motherf***ers targeting our best players

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

lucky for us all our dirty plays are accidental unlike our opponents who are just dirty mother****ers targeting our best players
Ok, I didn't say anything about anything else being accidental and I was the first one in the Kadri thread to say how disappointed I was with Kadri for his hit on Wingels. There are some good slow mo replays on YouTube of the Kadri knee but hey if you want to believe that he actively targeted the knee then feel free.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

lucky for us all our dirty plays are accidental unlike our opponents who are just dirty mother****ers targeting our best players

The Ovi hit was a good hip check with the principle point of contact being the hip. This, the same hip used to smash a defenseless head into the boards. Big difference.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
It’s 2018, he’d get a 20 game suspension and 1/2 million dollar fine.
If he was playing today - I agree.
But he would still be one hell of a defense man that his team mates would love, other teams would fear and he would still win a hell of a lot of games because of that.
Maybe I'm out of touch with modern sensibilities, but why is everyone so dam sensitive these days?
Its a contact sport, play to win, play hard, be fearless, play for your team mates. Isn't that what you want from your players?
Let the Bruins (and Bruins fans) worry about Wingels' mental health and all the other stuff....

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Ok, I didn't say anything about anything else being accidental and I was the first one in the Kadri thread to say how disappointed I was with Kadri for his hit on Wingels. There are some good slow mo replays on YouTube of the Kadri knee but hey if you want to believe that he actively targeted the knee then feel free.
whether it was accident or not doesn't change the fact it was a reckless play by a player with a history of reckless plays and it may have ended Nash's season

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The Ovi hit was a good hip check with the principle point of contact being the hip. This, the same hip used to smash a defenseless head into the boards. Big difference.
no actually there's plenty of clips showing Kadri went low and led with his knee which was the initial point of contact on Ovi's knee

only in Leaf Land did it become a clean hip check

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If he was playing today - I agree.
But he would still be one hell of a defense man that his team mates would love, other teams would fear and he would still win a hell of a lot of games because of that.
Maybe I'm out of touch with modern sensibilities, but why is everyone so dam sensitive these days?
Its a contact sport, play to win, play hard, be fearless, play for your team mates. Isn't that what you want from your players?
Let the Bruins (and Bruins fans) worry about Wingels' mental health and all the other stuff....

Well, maybe because we know head shots can have life altering consequences?
Yes, elbows get up against the boards and accidental headshots happen, but anyone who condones intentional headshots isn't condoning good tough hockey.

Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

I would agree with that.

In the end, hits are reviewed. Kadri’s hit on Sedin is another example. The league look at it and said “clean.”

This one, they looked at it and said “suspension”

There’s a choice. Accept it or try a lame defense.

Fortunately, the majority call it out for what it was. A dirty hit.

Others, when asked to stand up to head shots, prefer to turtle if it involves their favourite player.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
no actually there's plenty of clips showing Kadri went low and led with his knee which was the initial point of contact on Ovi's knee

only in Leaf Land did it become a clean hip check

Looked like a follow through of a hip check to me where yes it hit but the leg bone is connected to the hip bone and the... They studied it with the 240fps cameras and such and 4k resolution. If that were obvious he gets suspended.

The Wingels hit was so dumb.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Looked like a follow through of a hip check to me where yes it hit but the leg bone is connected to the hip bone and the... They studied it with the 240fps cameras and such and 4k resolution. If that were obvious he gets suspended.

He's a line player, like Marchand.

I don't like either player, but appreciate what they bring to the table when they're on the right side of that line.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

there was a thread with a still pic which clearly showed Kadri went low , led with his knee with the initial point of contact being Ovi's knee , if that hit was on Sid Kads would have been suspended imo

yup the Wingles hit was dumb and unfortunately it's costing us dearly

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He's a line player, like Marchand.

I don't like either player, but appreciate what they bring to the table when they're on the right side of that line.
I like both players even though they're both idiots.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
there was a thread with a still pic which clearly showed Kadri went low , led with his knee with the initial point of contact being Ovi's knee , if that hit was on Sid Kads would have been suspended imo

yup the Wingles hit was dumb and unfortunately it's costing us dearly

I'm not sure how much it is costing the Leafs when they've been absolutely brutal on the PK. Nothing to do with Kadri's contributions even when he's in the line-up.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm not sure how much it is costing the Leafs when they've been absolutely brutal on the PK. Nothing to do with Kadri's contributions even when he's in the line-up.

Well Kadri contributions did put the Leafs on the PK, so there is that .. :wg:

Goals were scored against the Leafs with Kadri in the penalty box and even in the Leafs shower while getting 5 and a game.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Fortunately, we don’t have the same vision.

Apparently you see things that aren’t there. And can’t see the “predator” in blue and white.

Since you haven’t replied to the question (in response to your statement) as to which Leaf player was injured, we conclude that no one was.

We do know Wingels was knocked out of the game and missed game 2.

I do see things that aren't there for YOU! I can see the predator in blue just don't run around window dressing it.

Yes, we know he missed game two. He should miss the rest of his career.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
We have to remember, Kadri doesn't PK.

With or without Kadri, Leafs PK is the main reason the Leafs are down 2-0.

I would suggest, the main reason the Leafs are down is the compete level, mostly with the
Leaf's defensemen that is to blame. Go look at the goals against, whether short-handed
or not. They do not fight for ice space. The status quo is either not knowing there's a guy
there and not cover him. Or acknowledge there's a guy there, keep him at arm's distance
because, well everyone deserves their personal space. The end result is the puck gets to
the open player, and he has time to score. The only thing the Leafs defensemen, especially
Hainsey are doing is delaying player's goal scoring celebrations by a few seconds.

What astonishes me at this point, you watch the play, Komarov has fully tied up his man
or is completely eliminating a pass to the point, etc. And the fans blame him for the
failure.

Leaf fan logic

IF Goal_Against goto Blame_Komarov
If Komarov = Not_on_Ice goto Blame_Bozak
If Bozak = Not_on_Ice goto Blame_Plekanec
If Plakanec = Not_on_Ice goto Blame Babcock

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

Don't know man. Just ask Pookie about all the angels on the other teams!

Reactions: Gary Nylund

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I would suggest, the main reason the Leafs are down is the compete level, mostly with the
Leaf's defensemen that is to blame. Go look at the goals against, whether short-handed
or not. They do not fight for ice space. The status quo is either not knowing there's a guy
there and not cover him. Or acknowledge there's a guy there, keep him at arm's distance
because, well everyone deserves their personal space. The end result is the puck gets to
the open player, and he has time to score. The only thing the Leafs defensemen, especially
Hainsey are doing is delaying player's goal scoring celebrations by a few seconds.

What astonishes me at this point, you watch the play, Komarov has fully tied up his man
or is completely eliminating a pass to the point, etc. And the fans blame him for the
failure.

Leaf fan logic

IF Goal_Against goto Blame_Komarov
If Komarov = Not_on_Ice goto Blame_Bozak
If Bozak = Not_on_Ice goto Blame_Plekanec
If Plakanec = Not_on_Ice goto Blame Babcock

Well, see that's the problem, you're supposed to use a "perform" not a "goto".

:naughty:

Reactions: moon111

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
“Many people” are saying ...? ;)

Just like the Habs PP advantage late in the game. Or outside of Toronto, the league and ties to Shanahan conspiracy (and Burke before him).

No not just like.

Talk to any player, ask them what home team gets the benefit of the call at home more than any other rink and the reoccurring theme will be Boston. I've seen it reference in biography's of former players, heard former players talk about it. Its not a Sasquatch or Loch Ness monster story.

I agree Naz should have been penalized but I personally think the influence of JJ over the NHL had more to due with the length of the penalty than the actual crime did.

Its splitting hairs (3 games vs 2) but Pasternak got 2 games for targeting a defenceless Giraldis head , Bruins' Pastrnak suspended for Girardi headshot - Sportsnet.ca

No I don't agree a players past history has anything to do with the severity of the punishment, it's simply illogical. Giraldi's health is worth 2 games but Wingles health is worth 3 games?

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad