Injury Report: JVR Out 6-8 Weeks

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Those skate protectors slow you up 2% and players hate that. JVR is the best player on this team, if this doesn't get us to bottom of the heap, well, Babcock should be put down. Just kiing but seriously JVR seems to love the team he is on and is giving it all he has. And he is producing.

This will seriously challenge Babcock. IF IF IF Babcock got this lineup into the playoffs well he deserves the coach of the year, then retire it. But I don't think he will be able to do it, who could.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
JVR's injury sucks for the leafs and sucks for him this is also the 2nd time he has broken/fractured his left foot. he broke it in 2012 blocking a shot and needed surgery on it.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I wonder if this had anything to do with JVR being so hostile toward Marc-Eduard Vlasic on Saturday. JVR went out of his way during a powerplay to confront Vlasic about something, then in the third Vlasic shoved JVR after Jones made a save and JVR turned around and right when he noticed it was Vlasic who shoved him he went crazy. I think that after that scuffle is when Phaneuf fought Wingels?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think they should go with:

Lupul - Bozak - PAP
Leivo - Kadri - Komorov
Matthias - Holland - Winnik
Grabner - Arcobello - Boyes

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The Leafs have been relatively injury free, so it's only natural that someone(s) get hurt.
Big break for Leivo. Could play on the second line.
This is his 3rd pro year, so he almost at the make it or not stage, setting up for next year.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Matthias- Bozak- PAP wasnt awful at the start of the year plus get Matthias more ice time would hopefully up his value towards the deadline.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I think they should go with:

Lupul - Bozak - PAP
Leivo - Kadri - Komorov
Matthias - Holland - Winnik
Grabner - Arcobello - Boyes

It will be interesting to see what Babcock does with Lupul. People here keep putting him in the top 6 but so far this year Babcock hasn't used him 5 on 5 above 3rd line. His D is not great and he has lost some speed. I think Babcock would use Grabner/Matthias before Lupul up there.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Leivo - Bozak - PAP
Komorov - Kadri - Grabner
Lupul - Holland - Matthias
Winnik - Froese - Boyes

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Quite excited to see how Leivo does with this opportunity.

Should get a decent opportunity too, gives him a real good shot at earning a place for next year.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
hold up. leivo is the best we could get from the marlies?

Leivo has been unreal, he also made the AHL all star team.

Leivo is getting a HUGE chance here now, they didnt want to yo-yo players like they did with percy, he's up for 6-8 weeks.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

umm do you know who Leivo is? He's one of the Marlies best players, pretty much fully developed at this point and there's a decent chance he's going to be a middle 6 winger for us moving forward.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Brown injured. Nylander injured. Kapanen hasn't played since coming back from the WJC's.

Leivo is among the top scorers of the AHL. 22 years old. Selected for the AHL all-star game.

What the hell do you want more?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
With regards to Leivo, I must say that it feels so good knowing that we are calling up prospects that aren't necessarily the best prospect in the system, but rather someone that is closer in their development.

Hopefully they days of Yo yoing players like Kadri and tlusty are behind us.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Real excited that Leivo will be getting a guaranteed and extended look. Although nothing is written in stone, he's never had a chance like this in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad