Confirmed with Link: Justin Williams want return a Carolina

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Given Francis saying he may not be done, I wonder if part of his pitch to get Williams was also that they were hoping to get in on some other moves to improve the team even further.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
We gave him more money than anyone else would offer. That's why he's here. He was willing to give up going to a contender because he is going to be paid very well, his family life is here and we love him to pieces. As long as this contract doesn't get in the way of next years rfa needs, and as long as this contract doesn't stand in the way of us getting another good player - I'm fine with it.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
We gave him more money than anyone else would offer. That's why he's here. He was willing to give up going to a contender because he is going to be paid very well, his family life is here and we love him to pieces. As long as this contract doesn't get in the way of next years rfa needs, and as long as this contract doesn't stand in the way of us getting another good player - I'm fine with it.

4.5 million for a 50 point winger seems like a fair deal to me. I think he could have got that elsewhere.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
This is very exciting news! I'm glad to have Justin back. When I was looking up his stats I had no idea that he had his highest point production year with us in 05-06. Ron has been very much a man of his word this off season!

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

When was the last time a Canes fan could say that....more money than any other team would offer?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I really doubt he only signed here because they paid him more than anybody else. $4.5 million is completely reasonable for a UFA that had a 24/48 year. Generally with UFAs you go by a $1M/10 points scale and this fits that. Hanzal had 39 points and got 4.75 million. Bonino got 4.1 million. Consider we paid maybe a little extra for the luxury of a shorter term and this is a very nice deal for both sides.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
One of the few players I've rooted for everywhere he's gone. Can't say that about Staal or anyone else notable who left. Just a likeable dude, very excited to get him back.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
First of all, stop with naming "he who shall not be named". Secondly, if you buy a "he who shall not be named jersey", even for $75, you get a sharp stick in the eye and a kick in the nads to go with it.

I was at a game a couple of years ago and a father and son was sitting in front of me and the kid was wearing a HWSNBN tshirt. I asked the dad what the kid had done that was so bad that he would publicly shame him in that manner.

ManiacCaniac

Nov 7, 2005
I Think it was a Done Deal Long Ago

JWillie and the Caps were eliminated from the playoffs on May 10. However, he and his wife closed on a house in the Raleigh area on May 9. And they must have been house hunting for a while before that. Hmmmmmmmm.:D

Neighbor Lee

Oct 25, 2013
Droneview
JWillie and the Caps were eliminated from the playoffs on May 10. However, he and his wife closed on a house in the Raleigh area on May 9. And they must have been house hunting for a while before that. Hmmmmmmmm.:D

Yep, that was fast. Rod B must have been house-hunting for them and not just wooing him here.
;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad