GDT: Just Win Baby! Part 1 vs Toronto

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
At this point guys like Skinner and Faulk have to be broken. I know they are paid more in one season than I'll make in a lifetime but losing is clearly wearing on them. Staal as well. It's a contagion at this point.

wtf are you talking about? the canes never quit.

It's not the players' fault they get 3-4 chances, dont convet, then the laffs score cause ward overplays the bad angle shot

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
wtf are you talking about? the canes never quit.

It's not the players' fault they get 3-4 chances, dont convet, then the laffs score cause ward overplays the bad angle shot
They didn't quit at the end. They never do. They *always* pour it on at the end, especially when they were the better team all game, and the other team has finally quit taking chances.

But there was a whole lot of pouting going on when the Leafs went up big in the 2nd period. That was clear as day. It's about the only reason I don't think Peters is a complete moron for taking Cam out in a situation he left Darling in the game before.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If you watched tonight’s game, and you want wholesale changes, I suggest you watch another sport, or at least keep your asinine comments to yourself lest you look like a fool. They dominated this game from beginning to end, unfortunately the backup goalie sucked out loud and one of the hottest goalies in the league shut down what should have been an early lead.

We came into this season saying if we get average goaltending this is a playoff team. They aren’t getting it, and they are just outside a playoff pace.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
If you watched tonight’s game, and you want wholesale changes, I suggest you watch another sport, or at least keep your asinine comments to yourself lest you look like a fool. They dominated this game from beginning to end, unfortunately the backup goalie sucked out loud and one of the hottest goalies in the league shut down what should have been an early lead.

We came into this season saying if we get average goaltending this is a playoff team. They aren’t getting it, and they are just outside a playoff pace.

C’mon man, that’s not necessary.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

I just read the thread and the box score on the app tonight.

I still think we need a replacement for Rask and Kruger.

Darling has to step up.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm not one to blame a loss on the refs. There's maybe one game a year where I come away saying the officiating had a direct impact on the outcome of the game.

That game was tonight.

But still, as John said in the postgame, even if the entire building knows it was a bullshit call, you have to kill it. You just have to. If they do that, they win this game. Of course, they also can't put themselves behind the eight ball the way they did in the second.

I did love the effort in the third and especially at the end. Swarming the zone like that will get you a lot of wins. Their passing in particular seems a lot crisper lately than it was at the start of the season. But you can't cough up four goals in one period and expect to convert it into a win.

Last edited:

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Really not sure i agree with the “refs blew it.” This team was atrocious finishing like always and the goalie couldnt stop a beachball like always. That ref call wouldnt matter if our goalies werent echl quality or if this team had any finishing ability.

It would be different if this was a 2-1 game. Canes just suck.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
We don't get ref's favors and always end up on the other side getting hosed, felt good for the first time to be on this side of ref's favor FFS. It was a nice game, I liked the game from Aho and Rask. Also good to see the d-core you guys have, hard to believe 5 of them are still on ELCs.

Reactions: Hulkacaniac and MR4

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Really not sure i agree with the “refs blew it.” This team was atrocious finishing like always and the goalie couldnt stop a beachball like always. That ref call wouldnt matter if our goalies werent echl quality or if this team had any finishing ability.

It would be different if this was a 2-1 game. Canes just suck.
I agree that you can't pin this one squarely on that call, but I would argue that it was a factor.

For me, it was the point in the game when it happened. They were completely bombarding Andersen to start the period - something like 8 shots in the first three minutes, which isn't a perfect metric but it's enough to tell the story. That call completely changed the flow of the game. As it was, they scored three in the third, but with the way they were buzzing before the call and at the end, it's hard for me to believe it wouldn't have been a four or five goal period without it.

Still, great teams find a way to beat that kind of adversity. This still is not a great team, but at least we learned it's a team that's willing to keep fighting when things don't go their way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad