Just wanted to ask your opinion (MOD: Finishing in the 1WC)

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
If you wanted to either increase your chances of your team getting bounced or so beaten up they lost in the ECF...then yes, you did it right.

Perfect just making sure, since that's how it was last season here when we were discussing if we would rather place the Pens or Panthers in the first round.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
welcome, I have no prob w/your ?....

Any matchup which you are likely to not only win, but sweep or win quickly is mathematically the most desirable. Less chance for injury to you, while gaining increased rest; your ultimate opponent next round, if they don't match, have reciprocal negative.

As that relates here, thought we were that much better to eke by Canadiens (picked NY in 5, close enough) and feel fortunate that while Ott is not a pushover, they are obviously less lethal to tangle with than Wash - Pitt.

I expect us to go deep, but if we get to conf/cup final, it will be uphill, unless the opposition is injured

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This is the main reason why everyone should take the last month or so of the Rangers regular season lightly. For much of that time the Rangers had absolutely no incentive to actually win games. I'm not suggesting the Rangers "tanked" for the 1WC spot but in a sport like hockey where adrenaline and intensity really do matter, as opposed to a sport like baseball, not having that extra hunger of needing points in the standings is a big deal.

RangerFan10

I think the second round works out well for us this time. I think we match up great against the Sens, but I don't think it'll be easy at all. They have the right players playing well at the right time.

I actually think the only teams to advance in either conference that should be upset with the playoff format this year are Washington and Pittsburgh. Both would have much easier matchups. Pittsburgh should be especially annoyed since they had such a great year but lose home ice this early in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad