Just picked up some rangers memorabilia

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Finally after years of wanting one i picked up a signed and framed messier jersey. Also picked up a brian leetch to go with it. Leetch sig has hof 09 remark.

I picked these up from sportsmemorbilia.com. I wish the jeresys were ccm to reflect what was worn when they played but these will do. These should be authentic but I did see a post about a sharks jersey being a fake from 2017 or 2018.

Im also waiting for a signed adam fox puck to come in.

20220304_030054.jpg 20220304_025344.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpeg.jpg
    thumb.jpeg.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 23

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Cool !!! I've never been a big autograph fan even though we when had our cardshop in the early 90's we did have a mention in the SCD in the Up Autograph Alley page . Maybe it's mostly because we have no children and no one to enjoy them after me or that we live approximately 1500 miles away LOL

I have a bit of stuff I have accumulated over my 50 years of being a fan . Mostly some hockey cards of various guys and basically random ones . I also have an autographed Messier Beckett magazine....actually I might have two of them along with a 1994 NY Post newspaper I had him sign when he was here a few years as part of his being the ambassador of the Lays promo which was won by a local boy . The Cup was here at that time as well...but I was so excited to get that 94 newspaper signed I forgot all about the Cup and I could have had a pic taken with him as there was hardly any people there at all .

I was lucky enough to know the police officer on duty for the event and I knew he was a Ranger fan ...and I had a couple of extra mags so I gave him a couple and he let us in .....good trade off !!!! I wonder what something like them autographed mags and the newspaper are worth ? I guess I could look on Google ...I was looking on Google last week on the value pf Gretzky OPC Rookie Cards and it sure ranges....I figure I have one between a 4-10'000 value . I know that's a big range but if you look at Google....it's crazy . I still remember opening the pack back in the day and coming across it .

Reactions: yada and egelband

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I finally bought myself a signed Messier jersey and framed it. I have a long corridor in which I have envisioned hanging framed jerseys. It's an expensive endeavor. I have a bunch of signed pucks and other things that I have acquired over the years. My walls are full. I have two grail items that I long to have signed. Both are MSG hand outs.

1. Gretzky's final game there was a poster. I have that framed with the ticket.
2. Messier's first game back at the Garden in his second time around. I have that framed with the ticket as well. The tickets from that season were amazing! They were throw backs.

I've inquired several times with reps at MSG to get them signed. But, these are things that are so rare I don't feel comfortable shipping them. Plus, I'm told Gretzky doesn't do signings at all. I know Messier has had something going with Steiner Sports for a while. He was pushing it when JD and Groton got fired.

Reactions: yada and leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I finally bought myself a signed Messier jersey and framed it. I have a long corridor in which I have envisioned hanging framed jerseys. It's an expensive endeavor. I have a bunch of signed pucks and other things that I have acquired over the years. My walls are full. I have two grail items that I long to have signed. Both are MSG hand outs.

2. Messier's first game back at the Garden in his second time around. I have that framed with the ticket as well. The tickets from that season were amazing! They were throw backs.

I've inquired several times with reps at MSG to get them signed. But, these are things that are so rare I don't feel comfortable shipping them. Plus, I'm told Gretzky doesn't do signings at all. I know Messier has had something going with Steiner Sports for a while. He was pushing it when JD and Groton got fired.
I had sent a Gretzky Ranger card away for an autograph and it took about 3 years to come back....it looks great . I'm not sure though how anyone would know if it was auto penned or not ? They claim Theo Fleury did many like that.....and I am sure he did as I had lots that were sent by a friend and they all were identical . I should look up my Gretzky on the web and see if it looks real .

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I had sent a Gretzky Ranger card away for an autograph and it took about 3 years to come back....it looks great . I'm not sure though how anyone would know if it was auto penned or not ? They claim Theo Fleury did many like that.....and I am sure he did as I had lots that were sent by a friend and they all were identical . I should look up my Gretzky on the web and see if it looks real .
3 years? That's crazy.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Finally after years of wanting one i picked up a signed and framed messier jersey. Also picked up a brian leetch to go with it. Leetch sig has hof 09 remark.

I picked these up from sportsmemorbilia.com. I wish the jeresys were ccm to reflect what was worn when they played but these will do. These should be authentic but I did see a post about a sharks jersey being a fake from 2017 or 2018.

Im also waiting for a signed adam fox puck to come in.

View attachment 512356 View attachment 512357

Those are really nice!

Reactions: yada

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony

The unique framed items you have are awesome. Im big into comics and a lot of times companies have signings so I was trying to find something similar for athletes. Unfortunately the ones ive seen arent for players I want. A gretzky signed ticket would be amazing.

What did you use for your jersey frame? I want to get a panarin signed jersey and i think maybe ill get a custom frame for that.

i was looking around on steiner sports website and saw the flyer from i think Harry Howells retirement jersey that was signed by him and andy Bathgate. I would love to pick that up because i love the rangers embracing history pre 94 which they only recently started to acknowledge. I only pass because of the other items ive purchased.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The unique framed items you have are awesome. Im big into comics and a lot of times companies have signings so I was trying to find something similar for athletes. Unfortunately the ones ive seen arent for players I want. A gretzky signed ticket would be amazing.

What did you use for your jersey frame? I want to get a panarin signed jersey and i think maybe ill get a custom frame for that.

i was looking around on steiner sports website and saw the flyer from i think Harry Howells retirement jersey that was signed by him and andy Bathgate. I would love to pick that up because i love the rangers embracing history pre 94 which they only recently started to acknowledge. I only pass because of the other items ive purchased.
I was at Howe/Bathgate night. I think I have the handout from that night. I don't remember what it was. I have stuff packed away that I haven't looked at in a long time. I'm at the point where I have to pick and choose as wall space is limited.

I brought my Messier Jersey to Michaels to be framed and it was very expensive. I was shocked at how much it was. TBH after watching how it's done on Youtube, I am very confident that I could do it myself.

Reactions: yada

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I was at Howe/Bathgate night. I think I have the handout from that night. I don't remember what it was. I have stuff packed away that I haven't looked at in a long time. I'm at the point where I have to pick and choose as wall space is limited.

I brought my Messier Jersey to Michaels to be framed and it was very expensive. I was shocked at how much it was. TBH after watching how it's done on Youtube, I am very confident that I could do it myself.

I looked at purchasing the jersey and having a custom frame made. It had 2 8X10s and a puck, i was quoted at 750 not counting the photos or puck. Photos would have been cheap so that wasnt an issue but i could have spent another 150 on a signed puck, ouch.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
gretzkyratelleautograph.jpg
I got the Gretzky via snail mail a few years back . Ratelle was also done the same way . It took a long time for Gretzky to come back.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Nice autographed cards
Thanks Yada .My friend sent the Gretzky away....I had no idea until he delivered it to me one day and told me that he never expected to get it back ...and it was a long wait even with the SASE . My bud has been collecting autographs forever ....we had a story done in the SCD magazine 20 years ago in the Up Autograph Alley page by Dave Midema ? ...I think that is the name . It was a long time ago . My bud also has been collecting Hollywood autographs since the 70's .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad