Just how good is the Mcdonagh/Girardi pairing..?

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
No problem. You know what they say about having to explain the joke.

It's terrible because while it was a bad hit, it wasn't THE DIRTIEST hit. It was just awkward, unnecessary, and a little more predatory than I'd like. And in a game that was all but over between 2 teams that have no reason to be attempting to impact the others season, it was a needless injury.

I'm not one for retribution, but I'm certainly hoping someone lights Burrows up the next time we see him.

I tend to agree. I actually thought McD let up and let his guard down a little because the clock was winding down - his mistake, you have to play to the whistle/horn.

And I do think Burrows has a Carcillo knee with his name on it.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
He doesn't need to be making high risk/reward plays especially when there's no reward to be had. He's eating Pejorative Slur sandwiches all over the ice.

I mean, I think the reward would be a goal. Those things are kinda hard to come by for anyone in a blue sweater.

I'm not sure if I agree with it, but I get the idea. We're going to lose if we sit back, and we're probably going to lose if we open up the rushing. Might as well go with the one that has a higher chance of a Rangers goal.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
I mean, I think the reward would be a goal. Those things are kinda hard to come by for anyone in a blue sweater.

I'm not sure if I agree with it, but I get the idea. We're going to lose if we sit back, and we're probably going to lose if we open up the rushing. Might as well go with the one that has a higher chance of a Rangers goal.

But he's playing like crap so there's really no goal to get. There's a fine line when it comes to joining the rush and if you're not effective, don't do it. Obviously there's enough on his plate in the defensive zone, him getting caught out of position isn't doing the Rangers any favors.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
I think it's time for AV to sit McDonagh down in favor of Moore tonight. I'm sure Ryan is sitting there telling AV 'it's OK coach, I'm good to go'...but he's not good to go. He's hurting the team - unable to take the body, unable to accelerate, getting beaten repeatedly one on one, etc. McDonagh has become a liability out there.

Plus, let him get a head start on rehabilitating whatever injury he has, or going in for surgery if necessary. The sooner he's back to health next season, the better.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think it's time for AV to sit McDonagh down in favor of Moore tonight. I'm sure Ryan is sitting there telling AV 'it's OK coach, I'm good to go'...but he's not good to go. He's hurting the team - unable to take the body, unable to accelerate, getting beaten repeatedly one on one, etc. McDonagh has become a liability out there.

Plus, let him get a head start on rehabilitating whatever injury he has, or going in for surgery if necessary. The sooner he's back to health next season, the better.

I;ve been saying this since the beginning of the ****ing series.. McD needs to put his pride aside and realize that he is doing no good on the ice, and is becoming a major liability. Moore isn't great, but he's the best we got right now.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I;ve been saying this since the beginning of the ****ing series.. McD needs to put his pride aside and realize that he is doing no good on the ice, and is becoming a major liability. Moore isn't great, but he's the best we got right now.

At some point, it comes down to the coach. Why should McD be leaned on to make coaching decisions?

If his injury is holding him back, AV can/should easily put Staal with Girardi, and slide McD down to the third with Klein. He'll be leaned on less then, and he'll still have a very steady partner to have his back.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
At some point, it comes down to the coach. Why should McD be leaned on to make coaching decisions?

If his injury is holding him back, AV can/should easily put Staal with Girardi, and slide McD down to the third with Klein. He'll be leaned on less then, and he'll still have a very steady partner to have his back.

I still think regardless what defense pairing you play him on, Moore is a better option than this version of McDonagh.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I still think regardless what defense pairing you play him on, Moore is a better option than this version of McDonagh.

I don't necessarily disagree, I just think its on the coach to make these decisions. Most players at this level will say they can play if they can put on their gear and move around out there. They're proud and they want to compete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad