Just curious who has seen a Penguins home game

Have Ever Been to A Penguins Home Game?

• Total voters

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Civic Arena, a lot.
Consol Energy Center, also a lot. Then I moved.
PPG Paints (CEC since being renamed), only once.

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
Went to Consol Energy centre in 2012 but missed Crosby due to his injury. My last game was Boston (watched 4 games) and Crosby returned the next game versus Rangers in New York from memory.

Now I have a family and house it's unlikely that I'll be able to afford another trip to see him play but I got to watch him train at least.
Wow! This makes me appreciate it was only a 6 hour car ride when I went about a month ago.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I want to. Just so I can hear Metallica's entire catalogue from the '80s.

Seriously, though, I want to go to a game before.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I went to Civic Arena as a kid, but I was so young that I vaguely remember it, so I don't really count that.

I've been to about 35+ games at CEC/PPG Paints, including the first win at CEC, first playoff game (and win) at CEC as well.

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
Lived about 2 hours away when I was a kid and my parents weren't hockey people. I moved away for college, stopped paying attention because they were never on TV, then moved to New York, where I eventually got back into it. I've been back for a bunch of games at Consol/PPG. I still have seen at least 5x more games in the NYC area than Pittsburgh, though.

The Devils/Isles/Rangers games are interesting, though, because it's usually over 25% Pens jerseys outside of the playoffs.

Last edited:

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I went to the Civic Arena once to see the Pens as a kid in the mid to late 90s.

Been to CEC/PPG more times than I can count.

Been to Nationwide Arena 3 times. Great surrounding area. Do love the area district.

Been to Amalie Arena once. It's probably my favorite arena I've been to. Huge screen blueline to blueline, tesla coils, open end margarita bar, $1 hotdogs and beer on the roof post game... Hell ya.

Been to BB&T Center. Sat on the glass for peanuts. Reminded me of the old Civic Arena. With the amount of Pens fans there, might as well have been.

Been to The United Center once.... Not in a great location. Pretty scary scene after dark.

That's everywhere I've been. Looking to do more. I hope Vegas.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
Been to both, although living in Europe.

Igloo: March 27 & 28, 2010 vs. Flyers and Leafs (hit Verizon against Caps on that trip, too)
CONSOL: April 20, 2012 vs. Flyers (first round Game 5 of that crazy series while on my way to a business trip in Montreal)

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
First was Pens v Caps @ the igloo in 94'. We won with like a minute left. I believe I was 7 at the time. Been in love with the sport since that day.

Linaik

Jun 5, 2018
Despite having lived half my life in Erie, PA, we never got down to PGH for a Penguins game. Did get to Three Rivers a couple times to see the Pirates, which was fun. I've seen the Pens play a few times here in Carolina (including the home inaguaral Hurricanes game vs PGH in Greensboro.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
From BC, Canada. Went to two games at the Mellon arena in 2009. It was a dream come true to be there and to see the Pens play. They beat Philly one day and Toronto the next. I'm longing to get back there and see the new Arena...one day...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've been to more than I can count. First one when I was about 3. Many more since then. I have a drawer full of IceTime programs that's starting to get over-filled. I started actively collecting/keeping each one from the games I go to starting in about '05, but I have some dating back to '99. I was actually at Mario's last game ever which I didn't realize until a while after he had retired for good. I had to go back and check the IceTime I had to verify I was there :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Grew up going to Pens games and other stuff at the Civic Arena. Was in there twice when the roof was open - once for a Triangles World Team Tennis match and once for a concert (don't remember who). Also went down on spur of the moment with my mom for one of the days they filmed the arena stuff for The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.

Been in Cbus for almost 30 years now but came back for a game in the final season at the Igloo. It seemed that nostalgia had betrayed me. It was not up to snuff for sure. A buddy is a Pens STH so I get to a game or two there a year still, although he won't let me come to a Jackets game at Consol/PPG.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Been to both Igloo and new arena, probably 10 games total. Been to a few Flyers games. Several Devils games at the old Brendan Byrd arena. About 10 games in Washington DC when I lived in DC. Been to MSG for a tour, not a game.

I think the last game I saw at the Igloo my friend who was driving broke down on the bridge right in front of the arena in a snow storm. That was awful. We had all our engineering stuff for work in the car we had to put across the street in that bar, what is it, the super bowl? The one with the bubble hockey. Hmmm.. 'Super Chexx' bubble hockey my second favorite sport.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
The pinnacle of my years attending games in both places was Game 6 of the 09’ finals... there was an energy in that place unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. As if the entire crowd was “one”. It was so much more than people being fired up, it’s basically unexplainable.

That 09’ Cup was a huge exhale/relief for those of us who where really young when the first cups were won and really started to pay attention through some strange/difficult years for the franchise from the mid 90’s up into the mid to latter 00’s.

Last edited:

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
It is on my bucket list. I don't live in the US. My only time in Pittsburgh was during the off season. I did touch Civic Arena though ... does that count? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad