Just can't get it going...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You ever have one of those days where you're just off, no matter what you just can't seem to get it going?

Yesterday was one of those days...I wasn't feeling that well because of lack of sleep but that's never been a problem for me. I got on the ice, skated around for a bit and immediately I knew that I wasn't all there...Feeling really dizzy...None of my shots were going anywhere near the net. At one point I manged to steal the puck and deked through 2 defencemen (mostly by luck but I still did it) and was one on one with the goalie, and completely missed the net. That never happened to me before...

Later in the game I got totally burned (I was playing D at that time, we sometimes rotate the positions if not many people show up). I injured my knee on one leg a few years back, and my ankle on the other in a snowboard accident, so my skating speed has taken a huge hit, but I can still keep up. Well this time, I got burned, I skated as hard as I could and didn't come close to catching the guy.

After that, coupled with the rest of the day's futility, I just feel so discouraged.

Goalie_Gal

Jul 15, 2006
Heck yeah, I've had times when I'm sure the team would be better off with an empty net than with me in it. (I don't tend to exaggerate, much.... ;) ) Sock's right, you can't carry it over into your next game with you. Try to start with a clean slate next time.

Now if only I could take my own advice...

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
clean slate and adequate sleep. If you cant do the sleep thing then at least get some good carbs in such as a slimfast shake, nutriment or a carb gel. Sounds like you were dealing with a lack of sleep AND low energy supplies. A real "running on Empty" situation.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
We all have games like this, just forget about it and play the next game. But yeah, proper rest, eating smart (no dairy or greasy crappy food before gametime, stick to pasta and chicken), and drinking a ton of water should do the trick.

2x4*

Its just one game. If you play 5 games in a row like this, then I would be worried.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
If you can walk away from a game and know that you gave it all you could, no matter how well you played, you will never have a reason to feel bad. It's the games where you know you dogged it that you should feel bad about, regardless of how well you played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->