Just A Matter Of Time???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Hey Guys,

With both sides finally appearing willing to sacrifice some stuff.....it has to be just a matter of time before the NHL and NHLPA sign a deal. Like I read in an article earlier today "They are too close, not to sign a deal"

I'm assuming a cap of 45-47 million will be put in place with Luxury Tax kicking in from 39-44.9 Million.

Either way I would be shocked if some sort of agreement isn't in place by Thursday night....and the season started on March 1st.

Just my thoughts....but they make sense, I think.

Unbiased Canadian

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Doc Hollywood said:
I thought I just saw on the Score that the NHL and NHLPA haven't even met yet today? They said Daly and Bettman are in NYC and Saskin and Goodenow are in T.O? Anybody hear this?

Dude its ok. This is the miracle that was needed for a deal to get done. When they are actually speaking the same language, its too close for them to break off without a deal and no season. Right now its all about numbers. The NHLPA said they will negotiate their 52 mil cap if the NHL has a juicy revenue sharing program.

This is all but done, IMHO. This is the most optimistic I've been throughout the lockout. :yo: :yo: :yo: :handclap: :handclap:

blah

Jun 24, 2003
ESPN took the part about cancellation off their ticker. Now it just says the PC is Wed at 1pm on ESPN News.

Crows*

12 million dollars is still far apart.

I won't go nuts until I see Canucks on the ice.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Crows said:
12 million dollars is still far apart.

I won't go nuts until I see Canucks on the ice.

12 million is quite a bit, but the owners and players have each given in with one major thing to the other side: the owners with no linkage, and the players with the cap.

There's still some bargaining that needs to be done, but I think those are two major breakthroughts, and I think there is real reason for some optimism now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->