Jussi Jokinin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Stars prospect had a 5 point game in the Rosno games. Hagos has also had a great touney. I still believe these are underated guys both of which can and will be top 9 forwards as early as next season(if there is one)

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
I would just love to see all the hype this guy would have surrounding him had he been drafted by say Detroit or Montreal instead of Dallas :amazed:.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
:handclap:
Starsdude said:
Stars prospect had a 5 point game in the Rosno games. Hagos has also had a great touney. I still believe these are underated guys both of which can and will be top 9 forwards as early as next season(if there is one)
Hagos development has been awesome the last two years! :handclap:
He is turning out to be quite the steal! :clap:

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Chaos said:
I would just love to see all the hype this guy would have surrounding him had he been drafted by say Detroit or Montreal instead of Dallas :amazed:.

We don't hype our playerrs ;)

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Chaos said:

oh shut up, nobody even talks about the Wings prospects. And, the detroit fans never even bring up their prospects, so can it.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Speaking of Wings prospects, Valtteri Filppula has been one of the better Finns in the same tournament.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
pavel datsyuk said:
oh shut up, nobody even talks about the Wings prospects. And, the detroit fans never even bring up their prospects, so can it.

Does the name Igor Grigorenko ring a bell? And you are telling me that if a 21 year old 6th round pick, coming off 2 very good seasons in a top European league, and now dominating 2 straight international tournaments weren't drafted by a team like Detroit we would be hearing how he's the next big thing(like we did with Grigorenko)?

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Chaos said:
Does the name Igor Grigorenko ring a bell? And you are telling me that if a 21 year old 6th round pick, coming off 2 very good seasons in a top European league, and now dominating 2 straight international tournaments weren't drafted by a team like Detroit we would be hearing how he's the next big thing(like we did with Grigorenko)?

Nah I am with Datsuyk here. The Wings fanbase used to praise and hype their prospects quite a lot about 2 years ago and before that. But they have actually been fairly quiet since. Even Jiri Hudler gets more praise from non-Wing fans than Wing fans. And Igor had every reason to be hyped at the time. The Habs and Leafs are the two fanbases that hype their prospects the most IMO.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
I think Red Wing fans should continue to talk about their prospects. Because they have scouts who cares nothing about size and has taken some really seriously great late picks. Datsyuk, Zetterberg etc...

Niklas Kronwall had been overlooked his draftyear and they took him the next year in the first round. How often do you see someone take an overlooked 5'11" defense prospect???

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Ott = Snott said:
Nah I am with Datsuyk here. The Wings fanbase used to praise and hype their prospects quite a lot about 2 years ago and before that. But they have actually been fairly quiet since. Even Jiri Hudler gets more praise from non-Wing fans than Wing fans. And Igor had every reason to be hyped at the time. The Habs and Leafs are the two fanbases that hype their prospects the most IMO.

Yeah, and nowhere did I say hyped by Wings fans. All I said was imagine the hype if he had been drafted by Detroit or Montreal, because he'd be hyped like Hudler is around here.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Chaos said:
Yeah, and nowhere did I say hyped by Wings fans. All I said was imagine the hype if he had been drafted by Detroit or Montreal, because he'd be hyped like Hudler is around here.

Hudler is hyped? by who?

He wasn't on HF'd top 50 list...

And the hype he did get was well founded. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick in his draft year, but slipped for various reasons. Add to that that he then was at a PPG in the Czech superleague after his draft year. Also, he almost made a very deep wings roster in his 1st season in NA. This year he was still at a PPG in the AHL before he went back over to Czech to be with his dying father.

...and he's still not on the HF's top 50 list.

the praise he gets around here is few and far between for putting up the kind of #'s a 5'9" smurf puts up in the best development league in the world.

i haven't even seen his name mentioned in the past month on the prospects board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->