Waived: Jussi Jokinen for buy-out

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Florida has 1 top9 W in Huberdeau after this move under contract.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Dale Tallon read somebody post "wingers are the least valuable position" on HFBoards.

So he decided he'd try without any.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Florida is a mess.

Jokinen had 1 year @ 4M cap hit. They couldn't have just retained half his salary instead of paying him 2/3rds? They'll have to pay someone to still fill his roster spot.

Who's even going to play forward for them next year?

That's Jokinen, Smith & Marchessault all gone from the team. As well as Jagr & Vanek likely not returning.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
That was also three years ago. And he didn't do well in FLA.

He was good enough next to Trocheck.

Last year he had a down year, but so did almost everyone else on the team.

All that cap space*, and Tallon back at GM. :amazed:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Florida really shook up the forward corps this offseason.

Tallon had 3 goals, add speed/skill/toughness.
Getting rid of Jokinen and not signing Jagr would help with that.

But someone could get a great veteran 3rd line winger from Jokinen, he's just not fit to play in a 1st/2nd line role.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
he was money with Geno. But would probably be used as a 3C or 4C, good on faceoffs. Get him JR!

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Why? He was only signed for next year. Pretty sure somebody would've taken him at the deadline with 50% retained.

So who do they have now?

Huby-Barkov-X
X-Trocheck-X
X-Bjugstad/Malgin-X
X-McKenzie-Sceviour

Even if some of them are filled with prosepcts/Jagr, Florida still needs 4 or 5 new wingers.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
What the **** is wrong with Tallon? He lost all of Marchessault, Smith, and Jokinen already. Jokinen put up 60 pts 2 seasons ago!

What the hell is going on in Florida.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of Florida's offseason moves seem like cheap team stuff. They seemed to FINALLY be putting something together and now the trimming of the fat goes into overdrive.

I can't imagine why any free agents sign there, but every few years they pay veterans to make a splash and then most of them don't finish their contract with the team.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I vaguely remember myself saying how impressed I was with Florida's offseason 12 months ago. Then again, I also remember throwing mud on them at any given opportunity a couple of months ago.

Then I see this, and decide not to bother with reacting to the ****show they are running now. Florida is scarily close to losing four of their five best wingers from last year, while literally gaining nothing more than a fourth round pick and cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->