Junior Age Players still around

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Herby said:
Suprised to see Richmond and Bergeron still around, and to some extent Fritsche also.

Don't be too suprised with Bergeron, other than Thornton he is the only center the Bruins had in camp that can distribute the puck.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
sammy87 said:
Don't be too suprised with Bergeron, other than Thornton he is the only center the Bruins had in camp that can distribute the puck.

Why did the Bruins trade Stumpel for nothing and never replace him?

Is 18 year old Bergeron gonna make the team?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Herby said:
Why did the Bruins trade Stumpel for nothing and never replace him?
:dunno: O'Connell has said he has a plan though. I think he was counting on Hilbert or Zinojvev to take over.

Herby said:
Is 18 year old Bergeron gonna make the team?
If the Bruins keep there top 4 centers he will, unless they make a move soon he will probably hang around for the 9 games he's allowed and then be sent back.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
sammy87 said:
:dunno: O'Connell has said he has a plan though. I think he was counting on Hilbert or Zinojvev to take over.

If the Bruins keep there top 4 centers he will, unless they make a move soon he will probably hang around for the 9 games he's allowed and then be sent back.

Good analysis Sammy87. Who knew that Hilbert would need hernia surgery and then pull a groin getting back into shape? Or that Zinovjev's agents would fumble the requirements to get him over to North America and into camp on time? O'Connell rolled the dice and came up snake eyes again.

Bergeron is a terrific kid and a player that the Bruins were highly effusive in their praise of in Nashville. Now, after watching him in the preseason, I can understand where that praise was coming from. He's not ready for prime time, but he sees the ice very well, has good hands and makes the right decisions. He's got some work to do, but I don't think a few games of limited minutes in the NHL to start the year before sending him back to Bathurst would be a bad thing. Again- his strong character is so unusual for someone of his age, so I'm not all that surprised that he's done as well as he has- and he's certainly amassed a legion of excited fans over the past couple of weeks. Good for him- great person and deserving of the attention.

The Bruins will bring in a veteran player either through the waiver draft or through free agency in the next week or so. A trade is possible, but I can't see Boston giving up what it would take to get Mike Comrie or Jason Arnott either. I believe they'll sign a cheap veteran lower tier free agent as a stopgap, and hope that either Hilbert or Zinovjev can grow into a bigger role with the B's as the season progresses.

Neither is ready for a regular shift in Boston at this time, however.

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
Bruno Gervais (6th round in 2003) is still with the Isles.
Sean Bergenheim (1st round in 2002) is also.

They both have a shot to make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->