Julien Ellis-Plante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Someone give me a scouting report on this goalie. Wasn't he the third best goalie in the draft? He and Dubnyk where tied for number 3 for a while, but then his stock REALLY fell, and Schneider took over the number 4 spot for best goaltenders.

Why did he fall so low? What kind of potential does he have? Starting goaltender potential?

Can someone also give me a small report of Schneider? :p:

X-SHARKIE

Russian_fanatic said:
Someone give me a scouting report on this goalie. Wasn't he the third best goalie in the draft? He and Dubnyk where tied for number 3 for a while, but then his stock REALLY fell, and Schneider took over the number 4 spot for best goaltenders.

Why did he fall so low? What kind of potential does he have? Starting goaltender potential?

Corey Schneider is a raw, but extremely athletic goalie, with insane reflexes. Everything is there but he's a raw package. I saw him last year at a Gamblers camp and he looked like a Marc-Andre Fleury clone.

Ellis fell, I would say it is because of his hands, He's extremely tough down low and really moves well. But his hands seem to be a step slower then the other top goalies and mabey this raised concerns? ALthough his glove is excelent.
Still he's a very smart goalie, great competitor, plays well in big games, extremely quick legs, great positioning, I mean he has alot of tools to be a good one. A really calm and poised goalie who when he is on, is near impossible to score on and sees the puck like a beach ball.

Last edited:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
Corey Schneider is a raw, but extremely athletic goalie, with insane reflexes. Everything is there but he's a raw package. I saw him last year at a Gamblers camp and he looked like a Marc-Andre Fleury clone.

Ellis fell, I would say it is because of his hands, He's extremely tough down low and really moves well. But his hands seem to be a step slower then the other top goalies and mabey this raised concerns? ALthough his glove is excelent.
Still he's a very smart goalie, great competitor, plays well in big games, extremely quick legs, great positioning, I mean he has alot of tools to be a good one. A really calm and poised goalie who when he is on, is near impossible to score on and sees the puck like a beach ball.

I've read lots about Ellis, but I'm still wondering just on his hands? That could be improved.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Im in agreence with moosefan.

There is NO WAY Ellis should have fallen that far. People are calling him small. I guess 6'00 195 at age 17 is small. He wil probably be 6'02 and 200 when he fully develops and he is near perfect technically.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
I really dont understand why he fell like that, the canadiens even draft his former backup loic lacasse before him, can not understand, i have seen him play several times and he looks like a good fairly complete goalie with a good potential, future will tell us!!

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CH4THECUP said:
I really dont understand why he fell like that, the canadiens even draft his former backup loic lacasse before him, can not understand, i have seen him play several times and he looks like a good fairly complete goalie with a good potential, future will tell us!!

I would have picked Lacasse before him. Loic is big, mobile, great glove hand and is good technically.

Ellis fell i believe because of his size, only 6'00, and his poor prospects game.

little a from da bx

Jun 18, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
Im in agreence with moosefan.

There is NO WAY Ellis should have fallen that far. People are calling him small. I guess 6'00 195 at age 17 is small. He wil probably be 6'02 and 200 when he fully develops and he is near perfect technically.
u think when he fully develops he will only grow 2 ", actually which is possible and only gain 5 lbs, guys grow till there 21 u know that right, u are a guy arent u, if so u should know

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
little a from da bx said:
u think when he fully develops he will only grow 2 ", actually which is possible and only gain 5 lbs, guys grow till there 21 u know that right, u are a guy arent u, if so u should know

Yeah he is 17 now...and is listed as 6'00 195....i think he will be LUCKY if he grows 2 inches.

Everyone is different. Some guys stop growing at age 17, some keep growing until 25.

Me personally have been 6'02 since i was 16 and im 21 right now.

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:

On Canucks.com they mention his stock falling drastically because of a poor performance at the Prospects Game. It sounds like he was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad