Player Discussion Jujhar Khaira

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If the Oilers wanted to keep him they could have 1.1M for 3 years it's a done deal for a player that's been through a lot with the organization. Your 3rd scenario only makes sense if the Oilers offered. I don't think the Oilers even offered.

And who said I'm upset. Just noting one of the many Chia blunders that's happened in this offseason. Am I not allowed to discuss the mistakes of management on a hockey forum without being called out for being emotional about it?
And maybe pitlick wanted a fresh start in a new organization?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If the Oilers wanted to keep him they could have 1.1M for 3 years it's a done deal for a player that's been through a lot with the organization. Your 3rd scenario only makes sense if the Oilers offered. I don't think the Oilers even offered.

And who said I'm upset. Just noting one of the many Chia blunders that's happened in this offseason. Am I not allowed to discuss the mistakes of management on a hockey forum without being called out for being emotional about it?

Pitlick himself said he wanted a fresh start. Fresh start doesn't = re-signing for the same deal that you take from another team. This is the Khaira thread and since you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that the player wanted to move on and not return so it was out of our GM's hands it's time to drop this conversation and take it to a more appropriate thread.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

So you're assuming that Pitlick even wanted to come back? That all the Oilers had to do was offer 3x$1.1M and it's that simple. Well I guess it is a very simple way of looking at it if you're looking for a reason to be upset at Chia.

Like I asked are you this upset about every UFA who chooses to sign elsewhere? You do know he was a UFA right?

Edit: like BBO said this isn't the thread for this. Plenty of them to bash Chia in if you want to lose sleep over Pitlick choosing to sign somewhere else as a UFA.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
What skill area is Lucic better at?

Is he a better skater - hell no
Is he a better passer - hell no
Does he have a better shot - better clapper probably. How many clappers do you see skilled players take?

It's not an outlandish statement at all to say that Khaira has a better set of skills than Lucic. Have you watched any of the last 30 games?

When was the last time Lucic did anything close to either of these?

Fair enough if you're just going by the last 30 games. I guess I'm just giving the guy with over 400 career points (including 5 50+ pt seasons) the benefit of the doubt here.
We'll see.

Reactions: nabob

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Really impressed with his game this year and his give a **** factor on a nightly basis when the reset of the team doesn't care.

Think he will be a solid solid 4c for years to come and can do spot duty on the third line.
Agreed. He's one of the few bright spots on the team this year. Love his effort. Hopefully he keeps it up and doesn't get content with "having a job".

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What a ride Khaira is going on. I remember back in 2013 having a debate with a Flames fan about Jankowski and saying we picked a similar player in the 3rd round in Khaira. Khaira posted better stats as a freshman than Jankowski did as a junior. Jankowski would go on to be alot more hyped due to his senior season and his rookie AHL year, while Khaira went under the radar is some uneventful AHL seasons

However, here we sit 4/5 years later and they both have nearly the same points in the NHL (both have 11 goals, Khiara 1 more assist in 5 less games). Both have upside of being that solid 3rd liner. Crazy how both are pretty much on par so far post draft

Reactions: Aerrol and nabob

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've been a big fan of his this season.

I wasn't sure he'd be able to play center in the NHL, but he looks like a natural there.

Solid possession player at even strength and by far the team's best PKer, statistically.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Destroyed clutterbuck for his cheap shot on pakerenien.

Good to see teammates standing up for teammates regardless of how we're doing as a team.

Reactions: RattsSSV and nabob

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Almost hate to see him fighting. I'd rather have him on the ice than some of the other so-called "deterrents" on this team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Enough with the Pitlick thread derailing any more derailing will be met with a thread ban at minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->