Player Discussion Jujhar Khaira

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Almost hate to see him fighting. I'd rather have him on the ice than some of the other so-called "deterrents" on this team.
The 90s kid in me wants to see him answer to cowards like Clutter

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Super proud to have him on our team, as a sikh it's great to see one in the league let alone team. Great mentality he has to, guys like him help bring locker rooms closer with that type of response.

He is a stand-up guy and a hard worker from a family of hard workers. I hope that we sign his brother at some point.

Reactions: PulYou

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Khaira is becoming my favorite Oiler. Sign him to the Calle Jarnkrok deal pls.

Reactions: nabob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Khaira really did just annihilate Clutterbuck. Wow. You rarely see a player land that many solid blows in NHL fighting. Seemed like he had an easy time getting leverage and a good clinch and turning Clutterbuck around so that he could get straights in and wasn't going to be eating any. I think he landed 10 punches there. Just crazy good.

Does Khaira have a boxing background? He looks to have more skill than the average hockey fighter. Sure lands a sweet punch consistently. His right was a heat seeking missile.

I like the line with Kass and Pakarinen as wingers. Give out lots and take no shit line. Pak sure didn't stay off long either after the vicious crosscheck by Clutterbuck. How is that only 2mins. That was deliberate attempt to injure and the only discussion should be match penalty and how many games suspension.

Officials lost control of this game early in.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
My biggest issue with the fight was Clutterbuck throwing a punch while laying down. Fight is over man. I hate when that stuff happens. Let it end when it ends.

Khaira is making me want a jersey. But that doesn't seem like a good investment yet. Gotta know he is here to stay.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Feel bad for players having to punch into a visor.
tuned him pretty good, though.

I think he'd be a safe jersey purchase, Pointteen.
he's not going anywhere.

Reactions: Aerrol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Jujhar looks a player full of confidence and who knows he belongs in the NHL. It's nice to see these deeper picks develop into NHL players, getting a young depth player who can contribute has value as well. Agreed with Replacement, I like Khaira with Kassian and Pakarinen.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
JJ is really looking like he could be a decent Maroon replacement. Would be interesting to see him play with McDavid for a few games, but I guess that's Lucic's spot now...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
JJ is really looking like he could be a decent Maroon replacement. Would be interesting to see him play with McDavid for a few games, but I guess that's Lucic's spot now...
This is what I've wanted to see for the last 10 games or so.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Khaira really did just annihilate Clutterbuck. Wow. You rarely see a player land that many solid blows in NHL fighting. Seemed like he had an easy time getting leverage and a good clinch and turning Clutterbuck around so that he could get straights in and wasn't going to be eating any. I think he landed 10 punches there. Just crazy good.

Does Khaira have a boxing background? He looks to have more skill than the average hockey fighter. Sure lands a sweet punch consistently. His right was a heat seeking missile.

I like the line with Kass and Pakarinen as wingers. Give out lots and take no **** line. Pak sure didn't stay off long either after the vicious crosscheck by Clutterbuck. How is that only 2mins. That was deliberate attempt to injure and the only discussion should be match penalty and how many games suspension.

Officials lost control of this game early in.

It's all about the name on the back of the jersey IMO. If that's Kassian it's a game misconduct and suspension for sure.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This is what I've wanted to see for the last 10 games or so.

I kinda want to see it as well, however I think the team is trying to see how Khaira "drives" a 4th line as the center and there's value in his ability to be consistent in that position.

Edit: Because if he's consistent and successful in that position it's even easier to move him up the lineup based on performance.

Reactions: nabob

McGuinness

Don't usually say much on the forum. Just like to read lots, lol. But man I love this guy. JJ is a machine out there. And loving the new 4th line. Hope that can be a thing and remain consistent. Tough, a bit of speed and skill and can be used on the pk....

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Except without the 55 point ability.

I’m loving khaira, but he’s a bottom 6 guy through and through.

Have you compared Jujar's season to Lucic's first full NHL season?

A bit early to make any set in stone predictions about anything.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Have you compared Jujar's season to Lucic's first full NHL season?

A bit early to make any set in stone predictions about anything.
Actually looking at it, there's some similarities there. I wonder if there's another level to Khaira, what a find that would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad