Jovocop, Redden, Hannan, and Draper to attend Canada's training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
What have they been doing the last season? They weren't playing in Europe so I guess they weren't playing at all. Why are Canadians inviting those who haven't played serious hockey for almost a year? Just because they participated in the world cup?! :lol Oh yeah, that's a solution to all the problems - just invite the world cup winning team... Combination of players that are in Europe and NHL-ers in the AHL would be much better. This year isn't Canada's! Team Canada might have problems in Latvia, let alone Czech republic!

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
TORRUS said:
What have they been doing the last season? They weren't playing in Europe so I guess they weren't playing at all. Why are Canadians inviting those who haven't played serious hockey for almost a year? Just because they participated in the world cup?! :lol Oh yeah, that's a solution to all the problems - just invite the world cup winning team... Combination of players that are in Europe and NHL-ers in the AHL would be much better. This year isn't Canada's! Team Canada might have problems in Latvia, let alone Czech republic!
It's just an invite. If they're that much out of shape, we'll probably see it during training. Better that than questioning later, what if... Beside, that's what you want no? Seeing Canada loose. You should be happy that Canada is considering out of shape players.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
If Luongo and Brodeur are in camp, Theodore probably won't even attend. He won't accept the #3 position. Too bad too, because he's the only one of the three in game shape.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Canuck21t said:
It's just an invite. If they're that much out of shape, we'll probably see it during training. Better that than questioning later, what if... Beside, that's what you want no? Seeing Canada loose. You should be happy that Canada is considering out of shape players.

First I want my team to win and than I want to see Canada loose, but that's not what I wanted to say. I just don't understand why are they doing it. But OK, it's just an invite to the camp. We'll see...

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
TORRUS said:
First I want my team to win and than I want to see Canada loose, but that's not what I wanted to say. I just don't understand why are they doing it. But OK, it's just an invite to the camp. We'll see...

How do you cut Martin Brodeur? Answer you don't. Even if it is painfully clear he is not ready to play, they'll keep him.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
loudi94 said:
How do you cut Martin Brodeur? Answer you don't. Even if it is painfully clear he is not ready to play, they'll keep him.

OK, maybe they keep him but it's very possible that he plays like crap! That's all I'm saying.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
TORRUS said:
OK, maybe they keep him but it's very possible that he plays like crap! That's all I'm saying.

Very possible, that's why it's a joke to invite him in the first place.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Brodeur?

Are you guys kidding me?

All he needed was a 10-day training camp before the World Cup and played like a wall. Of course the D helped, but still, he was as good as ever.

Brodeur will be Canada's no.1 goalie. Period.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
loudi94 said:
If Luongo and Brodeur are in camp, Theodore probably won't even attend. He won't accept the #3 position. Too bad too, because he's the only one of the three in game shape.

That's bad 'cause Theodore is amazing in the SEL playoffs at the moment.

time

Feb 26, 2005
wilka91 said:
Brodeur?

Are you guys kidding me?

All he needed was a 10-day training camp before the World Cup and played like a wall. Of course the D helped, but still, he was as good as ever.

Brodeur will be Canada's no.1 goalie. Period.

Yep. That is the only thing we really know for sure. Little flash or fanfare, but he is the most reliable goalie in the world (and a secret weapon with his puck handling. . . okay, maybe not that secret).

time

Feb 26, 2005
Hey Wilka, I have a vintage Tretiak Red Army sweater that a friend in the Moscow embassy got for me. If your Russians win, I pledge to wear the shirt the following day.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
time said:
Hey Wilka, I have a vintage Tretiak Red Army sweater that a friend in the Moscow embassy got for me. If your Russians win, I pledge to wear the shirt the following day.

hahaha

ok, do it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad