Player Discussion: Josh Morrissey

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have him at 6x5, sooo... accurate, I guess?

You can't claim accurate until a contract is actually known. You can claim having anticipated McKenzie. You might even be able to claim to be his source. :laugh:
But accurate is another story. Lets see how accurate McKenzie is first. :laugh:

Reactions: Georgetown Al

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You can't claim accurate until a contract is actually known. You can claim having anticipated McKenzie. You might even be able to claim to be his source. :laugh:

Well I'd say barring a bridge deal that he has a 99.9% chance of being right due to essentially taking the entire range of 2nd long term deal. Not a crazy hard number for Bob to come up with.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well I'd say barring a bridge deal that he has a 99.9% chance of being right due to essentially taking the entire range of 2nd long term deal. Not a crazy hard number for Bob to come up with.

It's the same range that has been mentioned numerous times on the board. Could also end up being a bridge deal in the $3M AAV range. But anything long term likely begins with a 5

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Did I say that either Bob or Maukkis was wrong? :laugh:
Perfect example of a truly semantic argument. The probability of being right has nothing to do with it. You can't claim to have been correct in your prophesy until the event happens. You just can't. :laugh: You can claim probability of anything short of 100%, any number of 9's you like.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Truly believe that the sooner JoMo is on the PP, the sooner our PP is #1 in the league.

What a great player.

His seam pass to Buff in the Detroit game was a thing of beauty, and sign of things to come.

All this from a player that everyone seemed to think was nearing bust territory.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Truly believe that the sooner JoMo is on the PP, the sooner our PP is #1 in the league.

What a great player.

His seam pass to Buff in the Detroit game was a thing of beauty, and sign of things to come.

All this from a player that everyone seemed to think was nearing bust territory.

It wouldn't surprise me if we finish #1 this year

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Oh, right. Couldn't have figured that one out on my own.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Lindholm 6/31.5M
Parayko 5/27.5M
Slavin 7/37.1M
Jones 6/32.4M
Reilly 6/30M

I think these would be the absolute ceiling comparables.

Brett Pesce signed a 6/24.15M deal, but i don't think he has the offensive upside that Morrissey has so somewhere in the middle between Pesce's deal and the deals above.

Reactions: bumblebeeman

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
This year and the next two might be our best Cup chances...have to a least consider a bridge to maximiz roster talent over through to 2020.
Thats with the wheeler veteran core :)

Then again on Schiefele Laine Ehlers Morrissey Hellybuyck Trouba xonnor roslovic and Trouba(wehope) as veteran core down the line :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad