Player Discussion Josh Manson

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Manson is playing really well and could really stick around, especially with all of these injuries. I could see:
Fowler - Rev
Hampus - Manson
Stoner - Vat
Fistric

Hopefully Beauch's injury isn't a broken hand. Certainly doesn't sound good though. He's a big loss, as we all know.

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
This guy is impressing the hell out of me. I think yesterday he had a really good game literally hitting players out of the puck and being very smart with his stick. I think he is a #4D at this point.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hi guys,

How is Manson doing currently? I have impression he is the best defensive right-handed Ducks defencman currently? Better than Bieksa? And Vatanen is kind of all-offensive dynamo even though he is quite much used also on PK situations?

Who is better than Manson currently on the team? And I mean only pure defensively.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hi guys,

How is Manson doing currently? I have impression he is the best defensive right-handed Ducks defencman currently? Better than Bieksa? And Vatanen is kind of all-offensive dynamo even though he is quite much used also on PK situations?

Who is better than Manson currently on the team? And I mean only pure defensively.

Manson has been very good for us. The fact that we have him locked up another 2 years after this under 900k is a steal, and an enormous help to our budget issues. That said, I think he gets a little overrated here at times. He's a great young player, but he struggles with a few turnovers every now and then.

Who's better defensively than Manson? IMO: Lindholm, Fowler, and arguably Despres (although he's struggled since coming back from his concussion).

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Ok, thank you guys.
these are mansons pretty stats if youre into that

FwBRRfj.png

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Manson has been very good for us. The fact that we have him locked up another 2 years after this under 900k is a steal, and an enormous help to our budget issues. That said, I think he gets a little overrated here at times. He's a great young player, but he struggles with a few turnovers every now and then.

Who's better defensively than Manson? IMO: Lindholm, Fowler, and arguably Despres (although he's struggled since coming back from his concussion).

Great point pertaining to his contract.

I think he gets a little turnover happy when he tries to do too much due to overconfidence. He's still feeling out what he can get away with in transition and offensively. IIRC, he didn't start playing defense until mid way through his juniors' career, and I think that's important to remember.

May 23, 2012
Manson is really good, he's a litte raw, but he's got bursts of talent that are impressive. Love this guy.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's got all the makings of a fan favorite, and he's dirt cheap for the foreseeable future. What a pick by our scouts

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Love Manson. Great player, steal of a contract. 900k for a top 4 defenseman is just... beautiful.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
That sucks about the injury. I'm happy he's developing the way he is. Guy was absolutely punishing for us a few years back.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay

I slowed it down to .25 speed and it looks like a bit of head contact. Hard to tell if it's an elbow or not, but I hope we make Forsberg pay for it tonight.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I slowed it down to .25 speed and it looks like a bit of head contact. Hard to tell if it's an elbow or not, but I hope we make Forsberg pay for it tonight.

I'd rather the team focus on Neal. Guy was doing whatever he wanted in game 1. If Forsberg tries that **** again he should be lit up at that point.

Anyway. As for Manson, I really hope this isn't long term. He's turned into a very very solid defenseman. I'd say he's definitely passed Despres on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad