Josh Hennessy vs. Jeff Tambellini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky*

Tamby

I would defnitely pick Tamby over Hennesey. He is ridiculously fast, and he scores at every level he has ever played at.

I think Jeff can put up 70pts at his prime in the NHL, while Hennesey will be more of a 3rd liner (maybe 2nd, but doubtful), who should probably top out at about 40-50pts, while bringing a lot of other intangibles to the table.

I'd take Tambellini though.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
These guys were the speedsters of the draft. I watched tape on both of them. They both just fly out there. Witch one of the two would you want for your team? Any predictions for eithers careers?

I don't think it's a very fair comparison. Yes, both can fly out there but that's where the similarities end. Hennessy and Tambellini are opposite players. Hennessy is more of a two way player that will be solid defensively and will chip in some points as well, kind of a Marchant type player. Tambellini on the other hand is all offense. Not to say he is awful in his own end, but he is looking to put up points first. Tambellini will LIKELY be the better offensive player but Hennessy will be the guy you can go to in certain situations, ala John Madden. So I don't think you can really try to choose one of the other. It would depend what you're team needs were.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Plekanec said:
:lol:

Hennessey is defensively liability!!!!

And Tambellini is alot faster, no comparaison!

Nice comment, way to back up those posts with some solid information. I'll take the word of professional scouts and coaches over your word, especially with a post like that.

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
Kritty said:
I don't think it's a very fair comparison. Yes, both can fly out there but that's where the similarities end. Hennessy and Tambellini are opposite players. Hennessy is more of a two way player that will be solid defensively and will chip in some points as well, kind of a Marchant type player. Tambellini on the other hand is all offense. Not to say he is awful in his own end, but he is looking to put up points first. Tambellini will LIKELY be the better offensive player but Hennessy will be the guy you can go to in certain situations, ala John Madden. So I don't think you can really try to choose one of the other. It would depend what you're team needs were.

I disagree with this comment. Tambellini plays for Michigan. That team wants their players to be good in both ends. This was stated on draft day...maybe I'm wrong but I thought Tambellini said that he to be as good defensivily as offensively.

Funkymoses

MOOSE55 said:
I disagree with this comment. Tambellini plays for Michigan. That team wants their players to be good in both ends. This was stated on draft day...maybe I'm wrong but I thought Tambellini said that he to be as good defensivily as offensively.

Tambellini's not Michael Peca but he's not Pavel Bure either. He's encouraged to take opportunities that come to him even if that leaves the team in a slightly compromised position--usually it's best for the team if he uses that wrister as often as possible. And if the play turns around quickly, his absolutely blazing speed lets him get back into the play with surprising frequency.

I've never seen Hennessey so I won't make a judgement on him, but it's my opinion that Tambellini is a stellar player. He's probably better than Comrie and Cammalleri and I think his skills translate to a higher level of competition better.

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
Funkymoses said:
Tambellini's not Michael Peca but he's not Pavel Bure either. He's encouraged to take opportunities that come to him even if that leaves the team in a slightly compromised position--usually it's best for the team if he uses that wrister as often as possible. And if the play turns around quickly, his absolutely blazing speed lets him get back into the play with surprising frequency.

I've never seen Hennessey so I won't make a judgement on him, but it's my opinion that Tambellini is a stellar player. He's probably better than Comrie and Cammalleri and I think his skills translate to a higher level of competition better.
It's funny, Comrie,Cammelleri,and Tambellini all have similar styles and all played for the same team.

Funkymoses

MOOSE55 said:
It's funny, Comrie,Cammelleri,and Tambellini all have similar styles and all played for the same team.

Comrie and Cammalleri, yes, both teeny puck-wizard centers but Tamby doesn't play like them very much. He's a pure sniper.

However, you do have a point. Red does go for that type quite a lot and by all reports there's another one on the way in TJ Hensick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad