Josh Godfrey

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
definately notcied his stats while keeping track of Tlusty, i would think if anyone is gonna take a flyer on him it would be the leafs as im sure they have had scouts watch the Soo more then most.

The huge progression on the stats sheet from last year would suggest to me that someone would take him although all im going on is stats.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'll go out on a limb and guess that he'll get drafted. I don't know if there's a truly glaring weakness in his game. He's not huge, but he's got decent size. He isn't too soft. I don't think his skating is considered a problem. He has the big shot as his selling feature. I'd think a selling feature plus a decent array of other skills should be attractive enough. I don't know his back-story or why he wasn't ranked last year, etc.

But if he doesn't get drafted, he'll probably eventually get signed and get a chance to try to work his way up. I think he was at the Rangers' camp last fall. We've seen enough guys like Girardi, Wideman, Giordano, Campoli work their ways in from free agency or overage draft, so hopefully teams will be ready to keep looking at these OHL guys.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
I'll go out on a limb and guess that he'll get drafted. I don't know if there's a truly glaring weakness in his game. He's not huge, but he's got decent size. He isn't too soft. I don't think his skating is considered a problem. He has the big shot as his selling feature. I'd think a selling feature plus a decent array of other skills should be attractive enough. I don't know his back-story or why he wasn't ranked last year, etc.

But if he doesn't get drafted, he'll probably eventually get signed and get a chance to try to work his way up. I think he was at the Rangers' camp last fall. We've seen enough guys like Girardi, Wideman, Giordano, Campoli work their ways in from free agency or overage draft, so hopefully teams will be ready to keep looking at these OHL guys.

i think Ryan Wilson might have the best chance of getting singed as an overager this year, but the next over aver signing that will make an impact like the ones you mentioned before will be Paul Albers (MIN) who was signed from Vancouver Giants.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would be tremendously surprised if Godfrey didn't get drafted. I've seen him on several occasions this year and his shot and offensive ability alone will get him drafted, not to mention his upside. I would be very very surprised if he doesn't get drafted.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Being from the Soo, I have watched him play. To me, he has the potential to be another Sheldon Souray. Has a wicked shot, and can play a tight defensive game, but does slip up once in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->