Josh Godfrey

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Rise from the Ashes, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Rise from the Ashes

Rise from the Ashes Price defies corsi

Whats the deal on him. He has impressive stats this year. Will someone draft him this year as an overager or will he be signed?

2. VanW27

VanW27 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    definately notcied his stats while keeping track of Tlusty, i would think if anyone is gonna take a flyer on him it would be the leafs as im sure they have had scouts watch the Soo more then most.

The huge progression on the stats sheet from last year would suggest to me that someone would take him although all im going on is stats.

3. Rise from the Ashes

He has been potent in the playoffs too, which could go a long way for him.

4. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    I'll go out on a limb and guess that he'll get drafted. I don't know if there's a truly glaring weakness in his game. He's not huge, but he's got decent size. He isn't too soft. I don't think his skating is considered a problem. He has the big shot as his selling feature. I'd think a selling feature plus a decent array of other skills should be attractive enough. I don't know his back-story or why he wasn't ranked last year, etc.

But if he doesn't get drafted, he'll probably eventually get signed and get a chance to try to work his way up. I think he was at the Rangers' camp last fall. We've seen enough guys like Girardi, Wideman, Giordano, Campoli work their ways in from free agency or overage draft, so hopefully teams will be ready to keep looking at these OHL guys.

5. Rise from the Ashes

I havent seen him, but a player with that size and amount of points is odd at not being signed.

6. FTowwn

FTowwn Registered User

i think Ryan Wilson might have the best chance of getting singed as an overager this year, but the next over aver signing that will make an impact like the ones you mentioned before will be Paul Albers (MIN) who was signed from Vancouver Giants.

7. Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Superfly Jimmy Snuka Registered User

Peter Aston was drafted last year and I think that Godfrey is a better player than he is..

8. Kritty

Kritty Registered User

Home Page:
    I would be tremendously surprised if Godfrey didn't get drafted. I've seen him on several occasions this year and his shot and offensive ability alone will get him drafted, not to mention his upside. I would be very very surprised if he doesn't get drafted.

9. IcemanTBI

IcemanTBI Registered User

Being from the Soo, I have watched him play. To me, he has the potential to be another Sheldon Souray. Has a wicked shot, and can play a tight defensive game, but does slip up once in a while.