Cut/Released: Jose Bautista (Signed by Mets for some reason)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Dude had about 4 or 5 bombs. But that’s all he hit. I think he batted .140 or something

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The signing never made sense. Bautista couldn't play 3rd and he can barely hit either. Sucks for him but I'm glad we didn't drag this out longer than needed.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It was a low risk move with upside. I liked it. But he's done.
It was a low risk move with low upside (Jose wasn't good at the plate last year and hadn't played full time 3rd base in years) that wasn't needed on a team that was getting decent production at 3rd base already.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It was a low risk move with low upside (Jose wasn't good at the plate last year and hadn't played full time 3rd base in years) that wasn't needed on a team that was getting decent production at 3rd base already.

I have to agree here. Flaherty was doing okay. Bautista is a huge minus on offense and on defense (especially at third). I didn't get it at the time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's done sadly. His bat speed is painful to watch. Barely has any power (only hit the 2 HR in 41 AB, which accounted for 33% of his hits on the season) and that's assuming he can actually make contact.

I thought maybe we'd see a bit of the old Joey Bats based on the fact his ego/will would not allow him to suck, but sadly father time always wins.

Still has a hell of a career to look back on. Not to mention one of the best moments in blue jays and maybe even playoff history.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He's done sadly. His bat speed is painful to watch. Barely has any power (only hit the 2 HR in 41 AB, which accounted for 33% of his hits on the season) and that's assuming he can actually make contact.

I thought maybe we'd see a bit of the old Joey Bats based on the fact his ego/will would not allow him to suck, but sadly father time always wins.

Still has a hell of a career to look back on. Not to mention one of the best moments in blue jays and maybe even playoff history.
Not even the best Blue Jays playoff moment.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
So then what did he mean by maybe in playoff history??

That it was one of the best moments in Blue Jay history. Possibly also one of the best moments in MLB history. First statement is easily correct. Second one is at the very least debatable.

Not sure what you're nitpicking here?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
That it was one of the best moments in Blue Jay history. Possibly also one of the best moments in MLB history. First statement is easily correct. Second one is at the very least debatable.

bautista's HR was one of the best moments in MLB playoff history?

lols

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

There's absolutely no debate. It wasn't anything close to the best postseason moment ever. That's what I'm nitpicking.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
So then what did he mean by maybe in playoff history??
So what did you think he meant? One of the best in Blue Jays history but the absolute best in MLB playoff history?

Anyways no doubt a top 3 in Jays history, that much is fact but how the hell did he get picked up? And quick?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
So what did you think he meant? One of the best in Blue Jays history but the absolute best in MLB playoff history?

Anyways no doubt a top 3 in Jays history, that much is fact but how the hell did he get picked up? And quick?
The statement itself is a contradiction, but I chose to ignore it and focus on the egregious part. No doubt Bautista's homer was huge but it doesn't even sniff Joe Carter off Mitch Williams from his own franchise, let alone mlb history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad