Prospect Info: Jordy Bellerive hospitalized | Update - Released and Training!

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Have heard Bellerive is not the one in critical condition but his hand is severely burnt.

Hope all 3 make healthy recoveries. All we can do is hope and pray

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jesus Christ, some idiot threw gas on a fire? I hope the 3 are ok and that the person that thought that was a great idea is charged for putting everyone in danger.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I know what happened. I can’t and won’t say much, but it isn’t good. It’s tragic, and something that will affect these 3 for the rest of their lives.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
f***ing brutal. Hockey comes second, hope these kids are alright. The overall feel of the news is very ominous.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Ugh, just read some real heavy shit about the incident. Not going to link anything because it's one of those "friend of mine knows the guys" things so it's super unsubstantiated but it was real, real bad. :(

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
There’s many reasons why I won’t, the biggest being their privacy. When the families decide to do a media release is up to them. It’s a terrible situation and 3 kids are in the hospital as a result.

Here’s one news report on the incident:
Alberta hockey players injured at bachelor party in Calgary

Your rationale for not going into detail is fair, but you really shouldn't have said anything in the first place. "I know what happened, but I won't say" is pretty obnoxious.

Hopefully everybody recovers fully, whether they're a Pens prospect or not.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Geez, hope everyone is okay. I'd much rather suffer broken bones than severe burns.

I've actually seen something similar happen years ago at, wouldn't you know it, a bachelor party. Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt (one guy lost the hair off his leg but that's about it). Drunk guys, wet firewood and a gas can don't mix. A couple of the guys were trying to get the bon fire going but it had rained the night before on the firewood so they were having trouble starting it. So the one guy thought it would be a good idea to pour some gas on it. I guess he thought since it wasn't going it would be safe (or didn't think at all, more like it) but the damn thing was smouldering and before we could say anything to him he pours the gas directly on the fire pit. The thing goes up and now he's holding a gas can that has the spout on fire, pouring flaming gas all over the place, running around in circles panicking. We're screaming at him to drop the damn thing but he thinks he'll just run down to the lake (which was about at least a 50 yard walk down a twisting path through trees, and it's pitch dark out there at this cottage), he makes it maybe 20 feet before dropping it (thankfully it burned his leg a little which made him drop it) and I ran over and threw some dirt on it. We all could have been hurt (not to mention a forest fire/multiple cottages burned down) by one person's lack of common sense.

Reactions: ColePens

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
When you hear someone is critical and it has to do with burns unfortunately it almost never has a good outcome. Praying i am wrong is this case.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->