Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
While fair criticisms overall, one cannot argue that this team isn't in a very good position ATTM, and, assuming JT resigns, could be in even better positions in the years to come.

Could the rebuild have been faster? Sure. Are there things that GS could improve at or is flat out bad at? Yeah. Is this team, as Snow constructed, in/on the verge of being an upper echelon team in this league with more good to very good (maybe not A+ prospects, but good B+ level ones) in the farm system and 4 picks in the first two rounds of what is purportedly the best/deepest draft in years? Methinks yes

NYI's future assuming JT and Bailey resign is still uncertain. The D is an area of concern, especially the right side. Goaltending is an issue unless Sorokin comes over. Snow has wasted seasons because of goaltending. Until the team is secure in net, I don't think the future is secure.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
NYI's future assuming JT and Bailey resign is still uncertain. The D is an area of concern, especially the right side. Goaltending is an issue unless Sorokin comes over. Snow has wasted seasons because of goaltending. Until the team is secure in net, I don't think the future is secure.

It's not like those issues can't ever be resolved.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
KIDs got a pretty good shot.

He’s fit in really well here with the skill.

Eberle to his point has 13 goals. That’s the same amount of total points Strome has in the same amount of games. And Eberle didn’t score his first goal until 10 games in.

Safe to see this has been a considerable upgrade thus far.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
KIDs got a pretty good shot.

He’s fit in really well here with the skill.

Eberle to his point has 13 goals. That’s the same amount of total points Strome has in the same amount of games. And Eberle didn’t score his first goal until 10 games in.

Safe to see this has been a considerable upgrade thus far.

almost feel bad for the Oilers, most people who saw Strome on a nightly basis could see he was not going to amount to anything

regardless the trade might not work out that great for us, if the Islanders are going to re-sign Bailey, Tavares, and Lee, I am not sure how they are able to keep Eberle, so yea 2 years of Eberle for Strome? probably a slight win if we don't win a Cup and don't get anything for him at the deadline next year

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He was brought in to help JT. Instead he’s helped Barzal exponentially. They have natural chemistry.

Had that been Strome, he would have whiffed.

Ebs has great hands, a beaut of a shot, and barzal vision. He fights through checks better than I ever imagined.

He does get lazy w his passes, only blemish.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
almost feel bad for the Oilers, most people who saw Strome on a nightly basis could see he was not going to amount to anything

regardless the trade might not work out that great for us, if the Islanders are going to re-sign Bailey, Tavares, and Lee, I am not sure how they are able to keep Eberle, so yea 2 years of Eberle for Strome? probably a slight win if we don't win a Cup and don't get anything for him at the deadline next year

It's a win at this point no matter what.

Reactions: SI90

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
For what it's worth, Strome just took another not needed penalty near the opposing goaltender. Not new, just kind of brings a joyful smirk to my face.

... and the Habs just scored on the power play the wonderful Ryan Strome gave them.

Reactions: SI90

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
For what it's worth, Strome just took another not needed penalty near the opposing goaltender. Not new, just kind of brings a joyful smirk to my face.

... and the Habs just scored on the power play the wonderful Ryan Strome gave them.
Yeah, but Eberlazy. Am-I-rite? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->