Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He's been better (i.e. faster and more gritty) than he was described by Edmonton fans. I personally don't like him on the top line, but that's not because I think he's bad but because I think he can carry the offense a bit more on the second line. Pretty good amount of skill and makes some nice plays that few other players are capable of making. Not the best defender, but don't need him to be.

Thx for the info. I am hoping Isles turn it around. They do have talent . Hopefully, they get the rink situation sorted out. The Isles belong in Long Island, not Brooklynn

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Eberle is a 50 point play who is on pace for 50 points...I'm not sure why people are surprised?
50 + points is what I expected, so I am not surprised by his pace.I did not think he would still be looking for his 1st isles goal ,going into the 10th game of the season.
I thought Strome for Eberle was a meh trade. 2 underachievers.
Just glad Snow did not give up anything more then Strome.

Reactions: BillD

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
50 + points is what I expected, so I am not surprised by his pace.I did not think he would still be looking for his 1st isles goal ,going into the 10th game of the season.
This appears to me as spot on.
Eberle's $6MM was added to the cap with us getting his 50 point contribution that we should have gotten from Strome.
It is a very small net gain in offensive production, not enough to justify the addition financial inflexibility and not enough scoring to change the outcomes on the ice.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

He'll be fine. We are at game 10. By game 20 with his type of play he could very well have 5 or 6 goals under his belt.

I like what I see out of the guy. He's been actively involved in the play. The goals will come.

Reactions: NYI JT91 and dood

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
He'll be fine. We are at game 10. By game 20 with his type of play he could very well have 5 or 6 goals under his belt.

I like what I see out of the guy. He's been actively involved in the play. The goals will come.
exactly, when we knocked chimera and ladd early on last year it was because they were practically invisible. eberle has looked good, just hasn't found the back of the net yet.

Reactions: NYI JT91 and dood

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Eberle has been more than expected 90% of the season. He has had 1-2 meh games so far the rest he was very active. He's has more good games through his first 10 than Strome had all of last season.

Reactions: Eberzal

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
exactly, when we knocked chimera and ladd early on last year it was because they were practically invisible. eberle has looked good, just hasn't found the back of the net yet.

You're misremembering, because Ladd basically did everything but score while he was still playing with JT. So many chances for him

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have been pleasantly surprised with Eberle, he's been ok. I'm glad he's on the 2nd line now though, I think he fits there better than on the top line.

Reactions: SI90

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I am not worried because I am meh on the trade. I read fan posts in the preseason predicting 70 points. The season he had 70 pts, he had a

You called it.
I hope you played lottery tonight.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He's been better (i.e. faster and more gritty) than he was described by Edmonton fans. I personally don't like him on the top line, but that's not because I think he's bad but because I think he can carry the offense a bit more on the second line. Pretty good amount of skill and makes some nice plays that few other players are capable of making. Not the best defender, but don't need him to be.

I am not sure his average skating was overstated, it seems about right(generally you picture smaller guys will make up for it with speed) but the softness definitely seemed overblown

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Like Barzal and Eberle on the same line. Wouldn’t mind trying Ladd on that line over Nelson. Feel like he would be a bit better defensively and along the boards for that duo.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Like Barzal and Eberle on the same line. Wouldn’t mind trying Ladd on that line over Nelson. Feel like he would be a bit better defensively and along the boards for that duo.

Completely agree.

I think Ladd gives those two a little more muscle, and I think Nelson is playing good enough to contribute on a third line in a scoring role.

I hope Weight eventually works to this...

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
Nelson-Beauvillier-Ho-Sang
Kulemin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

or this...

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson-Ho-Sang

For me, 27-91-12 is just the perfect blend and have shown chemistry time and time again, Eberle seemed to click with Barzal (3 point night when moved off the top line), and Nelson and Ho-Sang (when he's back up) seem to hook up for goals constantly even dating back to last year.

ALSO, I don't mind bumping Cizikas up to the third line, but I'd rather see Beauvillier or Nelson there ahead of him, so unless there are injuries, depth keeps him on the fourth line unfortunately.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Completely agree.

I think Ladd gives those two a little more muscle, and I think Nelson is playing good enough to contribute on a third line in a scoring role.

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle

or this...

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Ho-Sang

For me, 27-91-12 is just the perfect blend and have shown chemistry time and time again, Eberle seemed to click with Barzal (3 point night when moved off the top line), and Nelson and Ho-Sang (when he's back up) seem to hook up for goals constantly even dating back to last year.

ALSO, I don't mind bumping Cizikas up to the third line, but I'd rather see Beauvillier or Nelson there ahead of him, so unless there are injuries, depth keeps him on the fourth line unfortunately.

LOL... I was envisioning/hoping for the same thing. If Ho-Sang can earn a call-up I also had:

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
Nelson-Cizikas/Beauvillier-Ho-Sang
Kulemin-Cizikas/Beauvillier-Clutterbuck

The reason I like Cizikas on the third... is that I still think he has bit more of an offensive game than he has shown thus far. But mostly I think Nelson and Ho-Sang can carry the line enough offensively, while Cizikas can provide defense and face-offs. Eventually, I would like to see Beauvillier win that third line center spot... you know when the Isles are beating Tampa Bay in the conference finals this Spring. :nod:

Reactions: seafoam

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
That's okay. We're very dissatisfied with Eberle. Or at least that's what you would think reading the Oilers board. Posters over there are summing up his(lack) of offense with claims that it "shouldn't be possible".

There is a ton of butt hurt Oilers fans due to Snow continually doing Pete dirty in trades.

Reactions: isles55

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Loving Eberle so far. He's going to end up with 60+ points this season. He fits in nicely with this team.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Reading the Oilers board, some posters seem to be really fixated on Eberle's lack of goalscoring, completely ignoring his assist total. Not sure what that's supposed to be about. He's been a great offensive contributor thus far and goals are being scored because of him. May he end the season with 10G 60A for all I care. He also could easily end up with more goals than Strome will have points.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Completely agree.

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle

or this...

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Ho-Sang

Biggest thing I takeaway from this post is that there is finally depth that we can count on to put the puck in the net (ie. secondary scoring). For a long time we've said that it has been the JT line then everyone else and if the JT line wasn't scoring we'd be screwed.

Eberle on the 2nd and a possibility of Ladd-Nelson-JHS on the 3rd line gives us something we haven't had in a long time. I like the spreading of the wealth and putting that 27-91-12 line back together especially with Bailey playing so well even off of that line. Keep humming and finding the back of that net boys.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Loving Eberle so far. He's going to end up with 60+ points this season. He fits in nicely with this team.
As a Oiler fan I told you this in the summer he would be back to 65 point player on Islanders and Tavares would get back to ppg player with him on roster, now I know he was separated from JT but will be back with him . Eberle one of the most underrated players in the league and still in his prime . Been so consistent as a player since joining league http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-8-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As a Oiler fan I told you this in the summer he would be back to 65 point player on Islanders and Tavares would get back to ppg player with him on roster, now I know he was separated from JT but will be back with him . Eberle one of the most underrated players in the league and still in his prime . Been so consistent as a player since joining league http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-8-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html

I really hope he's not back on a line with Tavares. Let them play together on the PP only and let Eberle score with Barzal on line 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad