Jonathon Boutin Playing Incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Here's a prospect that you may not have heard a whole lot about but he's
really making a noise in the QMJHL this year. Jonathon Boutin just won his 2nd consecutive Defensive Player Of The Week Award.He has been simply amazing this
year.HE has 6wins and 1tie in 7 games played.His GAA is 1.12 and his save%
9.58.Last night he just stoned his former team the Halifax Mooseheads in an
upset 7-1 victory for the PEI rocket.He made 35 saves in the game.All this on
a team that lost 5 of their 6 defencemen from last year,although the new guys
are surprising a few people.
Boutin was drafted in the 3rd round 96th overall in the 2003 by Tampa Bay.
Last year he was traded to PEI from Halifax and played very well but this year
he has stepped it up a couple of notches,at least so far.My take on this kid is
that he's always had alot of talent but he's matured quite a bit and it is showing
in his focus and his consistent play.
Sure it's early in the season but here's a prospect you might want to keep tabs
on.

Last edited:

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
pei fan said:
Here's a prospect that you may not have heard a whole lot about but he's
really making a noise in the QMJHL this year. Jonathon Boutin just won his 2nd consecutive Defensive Player Of The Week Award.He has been simply amazing this
year.HE has 6wins and 1tie in 7 games played.His GAA is 1.12 and his save%
9.58.Last night he just stoned his former team the Halifax Mooseheads in an
upset 7-1 victory for the PEI rocket.He made 35 saves in the game.All this on
a team that lost 5 of their 6 defencemen from last year,although the new guys
are surprising a few people.
Boutin was drafted in the 3rd round 96th overall in the 2003 by Tampa Bay.
Last year he was traded to PEI from Halifax and played very well but this year
he has stepped it up a couple of nothches,at least so far.My take on this kid is
that he's always had alot of talent but he's matured quite a bit and it is showing
in his focus and his consistent play.
Sure it's early in the season but here's a prospect you might want to keep tabs
on.

All I can say about Boutin is, WOW. I have been to 2 games and he stole both of them for the Rocket (1 tie against the Heard) and by the sounds of it, and looks of the #'s, he has stole their other points as well. He was shaky after the trade last season, but played great in the playoffs. If he keeps up this play, the Rocket D keep clear the front of the net for him, and they obtain a sniper, then they could be a contender in the Q.
I heard that he was a very highly touted prospect for the Lightning before, but he lost his starting job to Churchhill in Halifax last season, and at that point, he fell off the radar.
Well folks, he should be back on it now, cause he has been spectacular.
:bow: Mr. Boutin

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
CrosbyIsGod said:
Boutin is incredible :handclap:

who'll stop him?

Maybe his backup, Mior.
Shut out the Tigres on Wed night with 23 saves, hahaha!!

Nope, it is definately Boutin's job to lose, but if he should happen to stumble, they have a capable backup in Mior to handle some work as well.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Mior needed a win badly... the shutout was an added bonus but it was definitely BY FAR the easiest game in goal for a Rocket tender this year.. barely had any quality shots to stop.

Boots is amazing right now.. he is in a zone that reminds me of the one Crawford was in last year during the playoffs against us and Rimouski

who knows if he can keep it up but the Bolts MAY have finally found a goalie prospect of their own for the first time in their history

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Boutin has ALWAYS had the skills needed to be a top Goalie. His mental game let him down at 17 and 18, but he seems to have put it together this year. He has become the goalie Moosehead fans hoped he would have become, but he needed a change of scenery for that to happen.

The key thing is how wiol Boutin play through October. He is lights out when he is on his game, but when off it its like he is gaurding a soccer net.

Simon Lajeuenesse is a good camprison. All the natural ability, but inconsistant.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
highstickingyerface said:
who knows if he can keep it up but the Bolts MAY have finally found a goalie prospect of their own for the first time in their history
Yeah, it's far too early to tell, but the thought of actually having picked a winner for once brings a tear of joy to my eye. :) There are a few other good young guys in the system, but from what I know Boutin probably has the highest ceiling.

Going by memory, about the most successful goalie Tampa has drafted is Zac Bierk. That says it all, I think.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Boutin has ALWAYS had the skills needed to be a top Goalie. His mental game let him down at 17 and 18, but he seems to have put it together this year. He has become the goalie Moosehead fans hoped he would have become, but he needed a change of scenery for that to happen.

The key thing is how wiol Boutin play through October. He is lights out when he is on his game, but when off it its like he is gaurding a soccer net.

Simon Lajeuenesse is a good camprison. All the natural ability, but inconsistant.

We'll see how he holds up against Quebec and the Sags, who can bring some impressive fire power. The Rocket seem to be playing much better then I had expected, but a big test for them is this weekend, as the Sags look very impressive this year and Quebec won't be easy to shut down. As a Rocket fan I'm glad to see them doing so well, but I have my doubts that they will continue this kind of success.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Boots played very well Friday night against Quebec but he apparently hurt himself in the game. The Rocket also played him for half the game against Chicoutimi (when Mior STUNK up the joint and forced them to pull him) but he had to leave again after the 2nd period.

Hopefully it's just a minor injury or we could be in real trouble. Something is very wrong with Mior this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
highstickingyerface said:
Boots played very well Friday night against Quebec but he apparently hurt himself in the game. The Rocket also played him for half the game against Chicoutimi (when Mior STUNK up the joint and forced them to pull him) but he had to leave again after the 2nd period.

Hopefully it's just a minor injury or we could be in real trouble. Something is very wrong with Mior this year.

2 bad games and one SO for Mior, give it time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad