Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You don't have to "give" people attention. Just watch a Twitter feed any time Kane is showcased in anything that has national attention. Anyone outside of Chicago can't stand him as a result of all of that and by proxy, hate the Blackhawks for how they handled it. Not arguing the merits of any of that, it's just the reality. People can sit and say "no one cares" all they want, they're wrong. No shortage of people not Blackhawks fans care a lot still. Whether you agree with that or not isn't the point, they're out there and that's the reality. And they aren't given any attention, they're making their voices known on their own regardless of anyone responding or acknowledging it.

Meh. I disagree. I think the few that can't stand him as a result are just more vocal, and in large part due to that, more visible. Those who don't care, don't bring it up. But this also goes back to what I was saying before. People find someone guilty in the court of public opinion, in large part due to terrible reporting, people trying to make a name for themselves (looking at you Julie ShitCaro), and the lack of an ability to critically think for themselves. We're seeing similar things with the political climate and the Trump administration. So many people who can't objectively look at something and make a decision based on their own intelligent thought. So they just roll with whatever stupidity they see jammed down their throats constantly. "It's the news! It has to be true!"

Last edited:

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Toews still has no clue. Once again, last night in the interview he had after the game --- said ---again --- "we know we are a great team and we just need to play the right way." Wow...

He should be saying --- and more importantly thinking --- what is true rather than this misguided living in the past. he should be preaching to the team that this is no longer 2010, 2013, or 2015 --- that most nights we will face teams with more skill than us (or at least even skill) and we have to play sacrificially and play with more heart and effort than them if we hope to win. We need desperation... we need to do things differently.

This "don't worry guys, we are awesome, it will come to us soon"--- that does not lead to the effort and desperation and grit that this team needs --- and moreover, it does not lead to the change in deployment necessary. Toews is as clueless as is Q. neither see the need for massive deployment change and change in what they do --- they instead simply think "we're awesome --- it will come in time."

It won't.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Looks like whoever said not getting voted to the All-Star game must have stung Toews a little is totally wrong. After that contract kicked in, he might not have taken the foot off the pedal, he is most definitely putting the foot on the wrong pedal or a non-pedal. It must be those 4-5 concussions that have made Captain Invisible not only lethargic on ice, but delusional/in-denial off the ice too. It's been over 2.5 seasons, and it's getting worse. Where is the "switch", Captain?

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Meh. I disagree. I think the few that can't stand him as a result are just more vocal, and in large part due to that, more visible. Those who don't care, don't bring it up. But this also goes back to what I was saying before. People find someone guilty in the court of public opinion, in large part due to terrible reporting, people trying to make a name for themselves (looking at you Julie ****Caro), and the lack of an ability to critically think for themselves. We're seeing similar things with the political climate and the Trump administration. So many people who can't objectively look at something and make a decision based on their own intelligent thought. So they just roll with whatever stupidity they see jammed down their throats constantly. "It's the news! It has to be true!"

Julie DiCaro is one of the worst "public personalities" on the god damn planet. How she manages to have a job in that business is beyond me. She's not exactly well-liked by many of her peers, either, but that's a story for another day.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Julie DiCaro is one of the worst "public personalities" on the god damn planet. How she manages to have a job in that business is beyond me. She's not exactly well-liked by many of her peers, either, but that's a story for another day.

She's an abysmal hack of a "reporter", if you can even call her that. So... par for the course for the majority of The Score these days. Man, that station has just gone to total shit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Haha what did she do now?

Nothing(everything?) She's just a topic right now due to her disgusting smear campaign against Kaner from the second the allegations dropped, and the fact that was being discussed the past couple pages. She's someone who could float away into space and her parents probably wouldn't even miss her.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hilarious that you request we get back on topic when regardless of what the topic is you spew the same **** about the same people in every thread.

This. We could be talking about cooking hot dogs and some how, some way, Stanley, Uncle Rosi, Uncle Dale, or Q being a victim comes up.

Reactions: RayP

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
She's an abysmal hack of a "reporter", if you can even call her that. So... par for the course for the majority of The Score these days. Man, that station has just gone to total ****.
Turned the Score on for the first time in about 6 months yesterday. Goff was so excited that the Hawks are bad. Immediately turned it off.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Probably because he was the Captain when they won 3 Cups.

We get it, that is almost ages ago, let’s talk about his performance past 3 years, does he deserve it?

It’s not like he’s an aging 34 year old verteran ffs, his decline started at the ripe age of 26... Why should he not be stripped of the C when he has not shown up in 3 years?

Reactions: BrianE

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
We get it, that is almost ages ago, let’s talk about his performance past 3 years, does he deserve it?

It’s not like he’s an aging 34 year old verteran ffs, his decline started at the ripe age of 26... Why should he not be stripped of the C when he has not shown up in 3 years?

Won 3rd Cup June 15th 2015.
Current date: February 14th 2018.

“Ages ago.”

Some of you are just so damn ridiculous.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

“Ages ago.”

Read the rest of the post, also I said “almost”, let’s talk about NOWWWWWW. How we have posters still defending this clown just blows my mind.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Turned the Score on for the first time in about 6 months yesterday. Goff was so excited that the Hawks are bad. Immediately turned it off.

A lot of it has to do with the sports radio guys not being hockey guys and they have been "forced" to talk Hawks for a decade. They want Bear, Bulls and baseball.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
A lot of it has to do with the sports radio guys not being hockey guys and they have been "forced" to talk Hawks for a decade. They want Bear, Bulls and baseball.

The station has still gone to absolute shit. I wouldn't listen to it if it was the last thing to listen to on earth.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

“Ages ago.”

This is kind of the easy way to weed out the "trolls" and fake fans.

You will have people like BWC who are fans but need to hate someone (always the GM). Which is fine it is their choice.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Toews still has no clue. Once again, last night in the interview he had after the game --- said ---again --- "we know we are a great team and we just need to play the right way." Wow...

He should be saying --- and more importantly thinking --- what is true rather than this misguided living in the past. he should be preaching to the team that this is no longer 2010, 2013, or 2015 --- that most nights we will face teams with more skill than us (or at least even skill) and we have to play sacrificially and play with more heart and effort than them if we hope to win. We need desperation... we need to do things differently.

This "don't worry guys, we are awesome, it will come to us soon"--- that does not lead to the effort and desperation and grit that this team needs --- and moreover, it does not lead to the change in deployment necessary. Toews is as clueless as is Q. neither see the need for massive deployment change and change in what they do --- they instead simply think "we're awesome --- it will come in time."

It won't.

I think Captain Cauliflower lost his perspective a long time ago. Think about it from his perspective. He has been offensively inept for the past 2.7 years but up until this year the team still won. Best team in the western conference last year despite him. He has been able to play in the shadows of the rest of team for a long time now.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This is kind of the easy way to weed out the "trolls" and fake fans.

You will have people like BWC who are fans but need to hate someone. Which is fine it is their choice.

Yep. No fan of the Hawks considers the Cup in 2015 "ages ago". :laugh:

Try watching them your whole life without being able to watch playoff hockey more than once or twice in 30 years. Or, even better. Try listening to them on the radio because they're not televised due to the ridiculously greedy/cheapskate owner.

This is why I continually talk about spoiled ass fans lately.

Reactions: RayP

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think Captain Cauliflower lost his perspective a long time ago. Think about it from his perspective. He has been offensively inept for the past 2.7 years but up until this year the team still won. Best team in the western conference last year despite him. He has been able to play in the shadows of the rest of team for a long time now.

Lost his perspective or changed his priorities? I think that is a fair question.

I said this a while ago, but at the end of the day Toews's legacy is up to him. The fact that we see 20-30 game spurts where he is engaged and dominate every season implies to me that he still has the ability but that he need to get the "fire" that made him great back. It is all up to him.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

I listen every day on my ride home, so smaller sample size, but the little bit I did hear where the Hawks came up in the last hour I didn't hear any happiness about it. As a whole the station isn't nearly as anti-hockey as people make it out to be, especially now that Bernstein has a kid that plays. Just about everyone in the city on any station is pretty uninformed about hockey, even those who are supposedly experts, (couple exceptions) but that's never going to change.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I listen every day on my ride home, so smaller sample size, but the little bit I did hear where the Hawks came up in the last hour I didn't hear any happiness about it. As a whole the station isn't nearly as anti-hockey as people make it out to be, especially now that Bernstein has a kid that plays. Just about everyone in the city on any station is pretty uninformed about hockey, even those who are supposedly experts, (couple exceptions) but that's never going to change.

Carm and Jurco are the only ones who seem to like the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad